How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
Any ID on her jacket of the medals presentation? Is it old or new.
i think the jacket might be pucci.

05-09-2012
trendsetter

She looks like a British Airways stewardess in that outfit at the medal ceremony. I think its the scarf that did it for me.

05-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkystar View Post
She looks like a British Airways stewardess in that outfit at the medal ceremony. I think its the scarf that did it for me.
I think the same!!

05-09-2012
front row

^Exactly my first thought as well.
And with those same old wedges, it was a terrible outfit from head to toe.

06-09-2012
front row

I envy her hair

06-09-2012
trendsetter

What's wrong with her wedges? I get that she wears them alot, but they're probably comfortable and they seem to go with everything.....so what's wrong with that.?

06-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Jo View Post
What's wrong with her wedges? I get that she wears them alot, but they're probably comfortable and they seem to go with everything.....so what's wrong with that.?

i don't get it either. i like those shoes and they are simple and look pretty and go with a lot of outfits. and even if she is royal that doesn't mean she has to have gazillion pairs of shoes and all sorts of clothing. it would look bad for public eye if she has new outfit every single day.

and wedge shoes are comfy. sho what is wrong with wearing them?

06-09-2012
V.I.P.

The wedges look to casual to wear to a medal presenting ceremony To me it looks like she just quickly changed into a suit and didn't bother with her shoes... seems kind of disrespectful. Wedges are nice to wear more casually, but to an event like this, they seem inappropriate. Also, she has been wearing them every time we have seen her for the past month...

06-09-2012
trendsetter

Yeah, seeing the same pair of wedges to every Olympics related event gets boring after a while. We know she has nude, black, and navy pumps. She could have pulled out any of those to switch it up.

06-09-2012
tfs star

I just don't like the way the wedges look. If the heel blended in they might have looked better but cork? It's suitable for picnics but not formal events...

06-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kristina* View Post
The wedges look to casual to wear to a medal presenting ceremony To me it looks like she just quickly changed into a suit and didn't bother with her shoes... seems kind of disrespectful. Wedges are nice to wear more casually, but to an event like this, they seem inappropriate. Also, she has been wearing them every time we have seen her for the past month...

it's not her time to shine at the olympics it's for people who win medals. if anyone else noticed all other medal presenters didn't shine either and din't wear fancy clothing or any of that.

06-09-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luti21 View Post
it's not her time to shine at the olympics it's for people who win medals. if anyone else noticed all other medal presenters didn't shine either and din't wear fancy clothing or any of that.

None of us are saying she needs to "shine" at the Olympics. We merely think she needs switch up her heels. If you've been following this topic, barely any of us complained about what she wore during the regular Olympics. We all praised her sporty clothes and sensible shoes (those navy blue wedges we're complaining about and, on 1 or 2 occassions, flats). We are merely sick of seeing the navy blue wedges that she has been wearing practically every. day. for. the. entire. month. We KNOW she owns other pairs of shoes. All of which are ~boring, ~sensible, ~inoffensive heels that wouldn't out"shine" or upstage any athlete. That she could have easily have paired with her outfit.

06-09-2012
Meg
inspired contemplation

I really like the suit - I agree the scarf is a little bit 'air stewardess' but I think it looks cute and her best accessory is her smile.

Her worst is those wedges! I don't understand why you can't criticize her choice of footwear and immediately people are like 'why do you expect her to have a million pairs of shoes' For me - those things are completely unrelated. She could have worn flats or heels - I just personally am not a fan of any type of straw or cork wedges - I find them unattractive looking. I also don't think wedges go with that suit.

That said - her obvious excitement to be involved, definitely overcomes the wedges.

07-09-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
Any ID on her jacket of the medals presentation? Is it old or new.
It's the Pucci blazer she's worn before

whatkatewore.com

Quote:
William and Kate Middleton are now in the Luberon according to daily La Provence and Dauphiné! Arriving Tuesday at the Marignane airport, Kate and Will have chosen Castle Autet for holidays in France.

http://www.people-looks.com

08-09-2012
backstage pass

Kate's bathing suit looks fun and colorful from what I can see. It's probably good for them to relax before their Asian tour--it begins Tuesday!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, cambridge, catherine, duchess, february, june, kate, middleton