How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

I've pretty much liked everything she has worn except for the white McQueen ensemble (but maybe that's because of the wedges). Great to see her in Erdem again. I think my favourite dress is probably the one she wore in the pictures where she is holding the parasol (#528). She looks classic and I've always loved that style of dress on her.

13-09-2012
trendsetter

I've liked everything but the evening Mcqueen gown and the second Erdem (the length or the pattern or both made her look frumpy: ironically on the runway, the dress wasn't frumpy, but got so when modified for the tour). And that Mcqueen is seriously calling to mind the creamy lace David Sassoon gown Princess Diana wore when she was pregnant with Prince William.

13-09-2012
fashion icon

My jaw dropped when I saw that McQueen gown. It's just stunning. She's pretty bland 95% of the time, but when the occasion calls for a gorgeous gown she usually delivers.

13-09-2012
rising star

few more photos ...

dailymail.co.uk

13-09-2012
front row

She really looks like a Queen in this one. Loving these daily Kate photos

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

The pleated dresses she's worn in the last two days are the highlights for me so far, especially the one by Erdem.. gorgeous print.

I have to say.. that last Alexander McQueen dress is quite possibly the ugliest thing I've seen her wear, ever. I'm not sure if it's the chest or the sleeves, or the whole combination but yikes. I get the impression that she isn't comfortable in it either..

13-09-2012
front row

i have a feeling it's some sort of cultural dress or something. or at least i'm hoping because it's not very pretty number and it's not the kind of dress she normally chooses for events. if the cold embrodery would be silver i think it wouldn't be soo weird looking. i don't want to say ugly but yeah.

13-09-2012
rising star

^ That dress is unflattering, it looks like a cheap Halloween costume, sorry to say, and I absolutely love Asian dresses.

13-09-2012
fashion elite

the McQueen gown is a bit cheesy but I still love it in a Bollywood-kind-of-way and Kate is glowing, looking really happy on this trip

13-09-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luti21 View Post
i have a feeling it's some sort of cultural dress or something. or at least i'm hoping because it's not very pretty number and it's not the kind of dress she normally chooses for events. if the cold embrodery would be silver i think it wouldn't be soo weird looking. i don't want to say ugly but yeah.
Agree with everything you said. Ironically, her Jenny Packham and Prabal Gurang worn on the first day of the tour had more "cultural context" to them than this dress.

Does anybody know if this is a custom Mcqueen or modified from an existing runway gown?

13-09-2012
front row

Oh dear, the bust area of the McQueen absolutely ruins it for me. The square cut and the ruching (which is out of sync with the rest of the dress anyway) ... It's like "look at my chest! But don't actually look!"

And it's a pity because the overall shape of the gown is nice, and the gold embroidery is a nice gesture to the area of the world she's visiting.

Why does PW keep wearing the same blue suit (or same-colored suit) over and over? A darker colored suit would have been more appropriate for an official dinner where his wife is wearing a floor length dress.

13-09-2012
front row

Most of Kate's dresses have been ok, prim and modest and while the last cream and gold gown fits the description I just don't like it at all. It looks cheap and dowdy and while she could have gone for an elegant and simple look she wore that tacky one instead. Her go to grey eyeshadow and daily makeup just didn't work with the gold accents of the gown at all, maybe a more warm peachy tone would have been more flattering.

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

When it comes to traditional techniques/costumes, no one nails it like local designers.. not necessarily artisans but young, emerging talents that are familiar with the aesthetic and know how to work it into more conventional and modern ways.. like what the McQueen team attempted to do with bad results (bad cut, zero harmony between the bust/more Western part of the dress and the embroidery).

I know she's all about British designers but that would've been a nicer homage to regional dressing imo.

13-09-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladi View Post
^ That dress is unflattering, it looks like a cheap Halloween costume, sorry to say, and I absolutely love Asian dresses.
I agree 100%!

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

That dress is McQueen?
it is not well tailored and the bust area doesn't fit her properly!
ugly dress

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, cambridge, catherine, duchess, february, june, kate, middleton