How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-09-2012
tfs star

she looks really good with colour and a nice tan! and her hair looks amazing.
I think Wills is on some serious hair regrowth program!

16-09-2012
V.I.P.

So gorgeous in the last two looks! I specially like the Saunders dress, and the headpiece is perfect.

16-09-2012
front row

reallt like last look. don't like the blue cubic dress. the cut looks nice but pattern is horrid.

16-09-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
^ Diana's title was actually Her Royal Highness Princess of Wales but after the divorce was just Diana, Princess of Wales (she kept this because she was the mother to the future heir to the throne). It was the media who called her Princess Diana.

Kate is Her Royal Highness Princess William of Wales as well as Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge. The Queen gave them this title on their marriage just like she gave Edward and Sophie the titles of Earl and Countess of Wessex on their marriage. There was no compromise it's just the title the Queen choose to give them.

The Prince of Wales is a title created for the male heir to the British throne so once Charles becomes King then William will automatically become the Prince of Wales and Kate will become Catherine, Princess of Wales. That's just how it is. Camilla didn't take it out of consideration of Diana and the public outcry that would have happened if she did.
Kate is only HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, she doesn't have the Princess William title as according to the court if you get a royal dukedom that's it. So the Countess of Wessex is for ex. only that, not Princess Edward. The princess style is reserved for those royal wives who have husbands without other titles like Princess Michael.

As you say the Prince of Wales title is created but that means that it is not automatic. Charles can decide if he wants to give William the title or not. William if his father is king will be automatically Duke of Cornwall (plus scottish and irish titles). The Queen never was duchess of cornwall as it's only given to the male heir of the king so she also couldn't manage the duchy, but she could have been created princess of wales but she didn't want to.

Diana maintained her title because she was legally entitled to as Fergie did. But the form changed to HRH Princess of Wales to Diana, Princess of Wales. So if Kate gets one day that title she won't be Catherine, Princess of Wales unless she divorces.

That means that the title to this thread is wrong as that's what she would be call if William divorces her.

16-09-2012
front row

The pink Solmon Islands dress is the best thing she's worn all tour! Her hosts have better taste than she does

16-09-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraprado View Post
Well the wedges..... those in particular are horrible.... i have seen her wearing fantastic clothes in other events... this tour was boring for me.
my point wasnt the wedges that was just an example, I couldnt imagine a 50 year old women wearing purple dresses, another exaple...

the fact is, she needs to be respectful about every country, she is not going to wear a mini skirt, just because you think she dresses old. and she is a duchess.. but I have clearly stated that in the last post, I just wanted to remind you, if for any case you didnt got my idea

16-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine View Post
Kate is only HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, she doesn't have the Princess William title as according to the court if you get a royal dukedom that's it. So the Countess of Wessex is for ex. only that, not Princess Edward. The princess style is reserved for those royal wives who have husbands without other titles like Princess Michael.
Actually Label Basher is right, Kate's full title is Her Royal Highness Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus.

Back to fashion, she looks good in that red dress.

16-09-2012
windowshopping

^^ Except that people working for them considers that she is not.

16-09-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judleberry View Post
I don't understand, Diana wasn't royal blooded either, and she was a princess when they married?
but wasnt Diana the daughter of John Spencer, the 8th Earl Spencer??? I mean the Spencer family in England was well known and close to the Royal Family before Diana ever appeared.. so she wasnt that pauper... I mean if she was a pauper, then how did she met Prince Charles?? obviolsly because she had contact with Royal Family..

and the title of Princess of Wales was only given to Diana, if Camila had the option of using it, she probably would, no matter what.. so Diana will kept if til the end I guess. The only title she lost when she got divorced from Prince Charles was "Her Royal Highness".

but well Camila is just the Duchess of Cornwall.

We will have to wait at least 10 years to see if Kate will use the "Princess of Wales" title

16-09-2012
windowshopping

Camilla is indeed Princess of Wales but it was at the time of the wedding thought that it was too controversial if she used that title so she uses her second title in importance which is the dukedom of Cornwall. Same with the princess consort story they sold when they got married but in that case she very well may be called queen consort in the future.

16-09-2012
tfs star

Quote:

As you say the Prince of Wales title is created but that means that it is not automatic. Charles can decide if he wants to give William the title or not. William if his father is king will be automatically Duke of Cornwall (plus scottish and irish titles). The Queen never was duchess of cornwall as it's only given to the male heir of the king so she also couldn't manage the duchy, but she could have been created princess of wales but she didn't want to.

Diana maintained her title because she was legally entitled to as Fergie did. But the form changed to HRH Princess of Wales to Diana, Princess of Wales. So if Kate gets one day that title she won't be Catherine, Princess of Wales unless she divorces.

That means that the title to this thread is wrong as that's what she would be call if William divorces her.

you are wrong on so many levels!! read her biography, her actual name is Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, so this thread's name is not bad.. and as far as I know, Prince Charles wont give up on being the King of Englad, for sure.. so when he gets on the power, Prince William will be, Prince of Wales.

16-09-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Camilla is indeed Princess of Wales but it was at the time of the wedding thought that it was too controversial if she used that title so she uses her second title in importance which is the dukedom of Cornwall. Same with the princess consort story they sold when they got married but in that case she very well may be called queen consort in the future.
If Camila is Princess of Wales, then why doesnt she use it???

The title may be corresponded to her, as she is the wife of Prince of Wales (Prince Chales), but she doesnt owns it..

16-09-2012
Rebaptising my badness

Guys, before a mod closes this thread down for off-topic posting, please remember that we are here to discuss Kate's style.

16-09-2012
windowshopping

Quite like the last two outfits, very beautiful prints!
Only wished she would have worn different shoes with the Jonathan Saunders...

16-09-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova View Post
Guys, before a mod closes this thread down for off-topic posting, please remember that we are here to discuss Kate's style.

Thank you!

Enough, move on, further messages will be removed for off-topic with reminders and or/warnings being issued if necessary.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, cambridge, catherine, duchess, february, june, kate, middleton