How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-10-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Why does she wear those awful belts with her coats, they're so dated

12-10-2012
V.I.P.

^Absolutely agree about that!

12-10-2012
V.I.P.

her belts are hideous

12-10-2012
tfs star

Apparently she dressed up as Cheryl Cole on her 'hen night'

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/colum...hen-party.html

After the polished and sensible media image we're all so used to it's somehow hard to forget that she's a real person with a real sense of humour.

13-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceePriincess View Post
she constantly repeats clothes... specially shoes! I guess she had just bought those black boots and already wore them twice in less than a week.. thanks Lord I love them

and did she dyed her hair?? It seems light brown/dark blonde for me now.. not dark brown anymore....

she has those boots for two years at least. she wore them last year for christmas with both coats.

13-10-2012
tfs star

so, its time to go shopping then...I never saw Diana or Queen Elizabeth II repeating clothes so often as Kate does..

14-10-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
so, its time to go shopping then...I never saw Diana or Queen Elizabeth II repeating clothes so often as Kate does..
Well, Diana wore favorite outfits often but she was wise with her frugalness: she spaced it out over a period of years, whereas Kate has a tendency to repeat outfits over a period of weeks.

At least Kate doesn't do what Anna Wintour does (which I find even more annoying, considering Anna is portrayed as someone completely flawless fashion-wise) where she'll repeat an outfit within a short time span, but when she repeats it, she wears exactly the same way she with the first time. Same coat, same shoes, same accessories. No imagination whatsoever. At least Kate tries to make her outfit repeats look new each time she pulls them out.

15-10-2012
front row

Kate's problem while repeating outfits is her lack of different accessories and shoes. she should expand her collection of shoes at least.

15-10-2012
tfs star

thats so true! I believe she should have more accesories! specially shoes as Luti21 say.

wild_roses Ofcourse I knew Diana and Elizabeth II repeat clothes, but my point was that they didnt do it as often as Kate does. and I totally agree with you!!!! Anna Wintour repeated the same clothes with same accesories a day after I believe... thats bad!

Its not that Kate doesnt dress well, the problem is that she repeats a loooooooot, specially shoes! I believe her sister Pippa doesnt repeat clothes as often as she does..

I think she should buy more coats.. and shoes!

15-10-2012
V.I.P.

She doesn't have to do anything. It's her style, nobody elses!

16-10-2012
Meg
inspired contemplation

Let's not get started on the boots. For the love of God - not the boots!

I really don't mind her frequency of repeating outfits - I think it's good both from a 'frugality' perspective (after all, my tax dollars go to the royal family) but it's not the days of Diana or old Hollywood anymore, where you would mostly be snapped at events and not in your private life. Yes, the paps were obviously bad towards the end of Diana's life, but I think they would probably pale in comparison to today where paps take photos of celebs pretty much everyday.

I guess what I'm saying is the frequency with which we see her outfits has probably increased, as opposed to her repeating clothes more than past Royals.

16-10-2012
backstage pass

^Well said, LolaSvelt!

I agree that one or two more pairs of shoes might be a good idea, but I like the idea that Kate pairs simple pumps with lots of different outfits. Normal people don't have millions of pairs of shoes to choose from--she's respecting that, I feel.

17-10-2012
front row

I don't mind her repeating outfits either because she doesn't wear exactly the same clothes she usually changes her hat, bag , belt or something else. Her only repeating fail was that light pink dress she wore two weeks apart. that is really bit too soon to wear something again. I think people make her repeating clothes thing a problem because she often wears dresses. it's much easier to wear skirt again or trousers again or jacket they are all individual items that you can pair up with something totally different. i like that she is brave enough to wear something twice in public eye and she doesn't see it as problem.

Last edited by Luti21; 17-10-2012 at 02:40 PM.

19-10-2012
tfs star

yes! thats ok for normal people. She should know by now she is not a commoner, she is a Duchess and soon will be the Queen. So I think spending some money in her clothes is worth it..

19-10-2012
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
yes! thats ok for normal people. She should know by now she is not a commoner, she is a Duchess and soon will be the Queen. So I think spending some money in her clothes is worth it..
Oh yeah, she should definitely do that, what with the economic and financial crisis that's been going on in Europe for over four years. It would make her look really good on the public eye.

Frugality is the key word for those who are sensible in this particular moment in History and Catherine seems to know that very well. If she's going to be queen one day she must keep herself in the good graces of the British people, and she won't accomplish that by wearing a plethora of designer's clothes and different outfits for every hour of the day. She's wiser than that and I personally find it refreshing. She's not a London It girl, she's part of the Royal Family and it is not her place to work on becoming a fashion icon - she must set an example for her actions, not for the clothes she wears.

With that said, I must say I didn't like her at first but she started to grow on me after she married William, and I like it that her style is both impeccable and youthful.

Last edited by Nemova; 19-10-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, cambridge, catherine, duchess, february, june, kate, middleton