How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-10-2012
trendsetter

Yeah, somehow I don't think the taxpayers would take very kindly to her spending so much money on clothes. (I didn't realize until I started following this topic just how much TRF is still funded by Britain's taxpayers. Ugh! They are obscenely wealthy, they certainly don't need you guys to keep covering their expenses.)

19-10-2012
front row

harpersbazaar.com
Quote:
125 of Mario Testino's most iconic photos are currently on display at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston for the photographer's first ever US exhibit, co-sponsored by Swarovski and Stuart Weitzman. After all, one can amass quite a collection of images over thirty years of photographing celebrities, musicians, models and all things high fashion. The retrospective, entitled "In Your Face" includes some of Testino's more formal sittings, like those of the royal couple Will and Kate, along with exclusive candid party shots and sleek editorial images of faces like Gisele, Kate Moss, Mick Jagger, Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna. On editing his life's work into one exhibit, Testino explains, "I came up with the idea and the name of the exhibition 'In Your Face' because I wanted to try and define the essence of Mario Testino. I divided my work into the themes that occurred consistently or what attracted me. From beauty and elegance to sex and nudity...It also represents my life." And what a life it's been. The exhibit runs until June 16, 2013.

Last edited by ckgirlbr; 19-10-2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Clickable source. Please do not post links in sources.

20-10-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova View Post
Oh yeah, she should definitely do that, what with the economic and financial crisis that's been going on in Europe for over four years. It would make her look really good on the public eye.
I know there is an economical crisis now, but they are for sure not taking that as important as they spend aproximatedly 50 million dollars in their wedding..

I think thats being a big incoherent in spending that amount of money in a wedding and not buying at least a pair of shoes...

Quote:
Frugality is the key word for those who are sensible in this particular moment in History and Catherine seems to know that very well. If she's going to be queen one day she must keep herself in the good graces of the British people, and she won't accomplish that by wearing a plethora of designer's clothes and different outfits for every hour of the day. She's wiser than that and I personally find it refreshing.
I believe Kate is being more criticized for repeating clothes and for having a bad taste specially when it comes to shoes, rather than being "sensible" with Bristish people because she repeats clothes a lot.

Quote:
She's not a London It girl, she's part of the Royal Family and it is not her place to work on becoming a fashion icon - she must set an example for her actions, not for the clothes she wears.
If you think she is not a London It girl or a fashion icon, then why does she have a thread? and why does designers get inspired by her? why magazines follow her style everywhere? why do we know she repeats clothes? Let me tell you... because in fact she is a fashion icon now.

Last edited by ckgirlbr; 20-10-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Unnecessary smiley removed.

20-10-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceePriincess View Post
I know there is an economical crisis now, but they are for sure not taking that as important as they spend aproximatedly 50 million dollars in their wedding..

I think thats being a big incoherent in spending that amount of money in a wedding and not buying at least a pair of shoes...
Yes, but it generated way more via tourism, pub events, and retail spending. I think they estimated 500 million GBP alone was spent just on Will & Kate-related flags, teacups, ashtrays, pens, etc.

And not that it matters, but I would bet that most of the money went to security for the event, as I know private companies were hired.

Quote:
If you think she is not a London It girl or a fashion icon, then why does she have a thread? and why does designers get inspired by her? why magazines follow her style everywhere? why do we know she repeats clothes? Let me tell you... because in fact she is a fashion icon now.
I think it's way too soon to call her a fashion icon. For me, she has only had one really memorable look so far - and that's on her wedding day.

Last edited by Caroliiine; 20-10-2012 at 01:11 AM. Reason: replaced dollars with GBP

20-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
Yes, but it generated way more via tourism, pub events, and retail spending. I think they estimated 500 million GBP alone was spent just on Will & Kate-related flags, teacups, ashtrays, pens, etc.

And not that it matters, but I would bet that most of the money went to security for the event, as I know private companies were hired.

I think it's way too soon to call her a fashion icon. For me, she has only had one really memorable look so far - and that's on her wedding day.

Money for they wedding din't olny came from taxpayers. Kate's dress and shoes and jewellery apart form tiara was payed by her parents.

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

that shot by Testino is gorgeous, she looks so blissful

20-10-2012
tfs star

I never really liked that Testino shot. It's like he's just said to them "big smiles!"

22-10-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post

I know for sure that mayority of the money went for security, but not all, so lets say she at spend some millions on her clothes... I believe is cheaper to buy a pair of shoes honestly..

Maybe for you is too soon to call her an icon, but she is becoming one, as being the inspiration for some designers. I believe trying not to repeat that much will help a lot, if she doesnt she will be criticized more than she is being now..

22-10-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luti21 View Post
Money for they wedding din't olny came from taxpayers. Kate's dress and shoes and jewellery apart form tiara was payed by her parents.
You are so right. I even believe she is the one who pays for her clothes, not the Royalty.

I actually think that the Testino shot is amazing.. but Kate looks very young in the picture.

23-10-2012
goodbye kiss

Hey guys, remember this thread was created to discuss Kate's style. Please stay on topic. Thank you!

23-10-2012
front row

Quote:
You are so right. I even believe she is the one who pays for her clothes, not the Royalty.

I actually think that the Testino shot is amazing.. but Kate looks very young in the picture.

i think she actually looks really young nowdays because she got out of her black raccoon make-up hole. and she probably doens't tan that much anymore than she use to. she always looks really fresh faced. i was amazed how great she looked on their asia tour. she didn't look tired at all and they went everywhere and were doing all things all the time.

23-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luti21 View Post
i think she actually looks really young nowdays because she got out of her black raccoon make-up hole. and she probably doens't tan that much anymore than she use to. she always looks really fresh faced. i was amazed how great she looked on their asia tour. she didn't look tired at all and they went everywhere and were doing all things all the time.
I'm sure it's partly because of her makeup but the majority is probably from her beauty treatments. She always had circles under her eyes and now they have magically disappeared. Also, look at Camilla, she looks like she's getting younger by the day! I think her spa days are really helping to make her look younger.

23-10-2012
V.I.P.

Oh, for sure. The royal ladies, excluding the Queen, seem to enjoy some "refreshments".

23-10-2012
V.I.P.

What a horrible dress! It looks like a bad reject from the 70's. Bad, bad choice.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, cambridge, catherine, duchess, february, june, kate, middleton