Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) (June 2012 - February 2013) - Page 65 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-02-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by myown View Post
isn´t it cold in england? it seems to me like she is dressing too summer-ish.
really? she is wearing capes and coats and boots and scarves... I dont wear those in summer..

I love love love love the clothes! amazing I want that Zara cape is more than amazing.

04-02-2013
V.I.P.

i dont think her looks are old-fashioned... its just "safe"

12-02-2013
backstage pass

http://alltheroyalthings.tumblr.com/
Pictures in Chi magazine of Kate in Mustique

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

She looks great!

12-02-2013
tfs star

^ Again, the palace aren't very happy with these photos (I don't blame them...)

from guardian.co.uk

Quote:
An Italian magazine has infuriated the royal family after publishing paparazzi pictures of a pregnant Duchess of Cambridge sunbathing in a bikini on a private holiday in the Caribbean.

The publication of the first royal "baby bump" photos comes months after the same gossip magazine, Chi, published topless pictures of the Duchess on a private holiday in France.

A royal spokeswoman said the publication was "a clear breach of the couple's right to privacy".

"We are disappointed that photographs of the duke and duchess on a private holiday look likely to be published overseas. This is a clear breach of the couple's right to privacy," added the spokeswoman for St James's Palace.

The pictures were taken on the Caribbean island of Mustique where the duchess and her husband, Prince William, are on holiday. They are said to show the duchess, formerly Kate Middleton, walking in the surf alongside the prince.

It is unclear whether the photographer was on the island or whether they were taken from a boat offshore.

In September topless pictures of the Duchess taken at a French chateau were published in a French magazine, Closer. They were republished in other magazines, including Chi, and in the Irish edition of the Daily Star.

The existence of the pictures emerged over the weekend. The Sunday People, in an article headlined "Fresh agony over bikini snaps", reported that the pictures had been taken. The paper said it had "chosen not to view the pictures and, like the rest of the British media, will not publish them".

The incident echoes the treatment of the prince's mother, Princess Diana, when she was pregnant with William in 1982.

At the time she was on holiday on a Caribbean island when photographers from the Daily Star and the Sun snapped pictures of her in a bikini. The Press Council, the forerunner of the Press Complaints Commission, censured the papers for publishing the pictures.

12-02-2013
trendsetter

She looks good in those pictures though.

I sided with them in regards to the balcony thing, but not this. Maybe I would feel more outraged if they weren't taking a vacation what seems like every other month, and focusing more on their jobs/royal duties. They certainly complain way more than most celebrities do about pap pics.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 12-02-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Minor weight reference, no referring to bump size please.

12-02-2013
backstage pass

^I agree with you, Vanessa. She looks great, and they do seem to take a lot of beach vacations. (But maybe they have a lot of events coming up prior to the baby, so they took the time now?) I am eager to see Kate's style once she's showing a tad more.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 12-02-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Minor weight reference, no referring to bump size please.

12-02-2013
tfs star

she looks great! I like the color of the bikini they seem to be having fun

12-02-2013
fashion icon

Again with this right to privacy crap. Yes, if they were in the privacy of their own home or their backyard it would be a different story, but they were on a public beach. If they don't want to be photographed then just stay home. It's ridiculous to assume that the only time they should be photographed is at public events. They are public figures. They should be used to the fact that someone is always watching them.

12-02-2013
rising star

They were on a private beach on a private Island

12-02-2013
fashion icon

Even so, my personal opinion is that if you’re famous and you are outside of your private residence then you’re fair game. Whether they’re on a public beach or a private beach it doesn’t matter because it’s very likely that there is someone on that beach with them. It’s even more likely that that person will takes pictures of them. I mean, who wouldn’t feel inclined to take their picture? Being photographed on a beach is very different from being photographed lounging by a pool topless while staying at a private residence. I feel like they want to have their cake and eat it too. They want the attention when it serves their needs, but when it doesn’t then they want their privacy and if that crap doesn’t work for actors how much for the Royal family? You don’t get to control the media no matter how famous you are. I mean, they should’ve learned that crap from Beyoncé already.

12-02-2013
rising star

Have their cake and eat it too? If they can't expect privacy from a private balcony, private estate, private beach where can they expect it? A room with no windows? The way the media threat famous people is crap. They aren't trying to control the media, they just expect some human decency. Privacy is a right that all people should have. No wonder some celebs go crazy since they can't spend a minute without someone shoving a camera up their face. The media chase his mother to death. I don't care how famous one is or if they are one public property, stuff like this is not okay.

Maybe they should borrow the secret services security teams. They were able to stop pictures of the Obama's girls at the beach from being publish (good for them)

Last edited by miche; 12-02-2013 at 10:09 PM.

13-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
They were on a private beach on a private Island
Exactly! I think it would be really good if they can seriously prosecute whoever took these pics- after all, the celebs go there because no one can do this to them!!

13-02-2013
backstage pass

Don't know, British tax payers sponsor their frequent private holidays at a private estate on a private island, so maybe they want their tiny piece of the cake, too.... (to be serious: I see the problem of not having a private space, and I see a difference between the balcony and the beach, but still.. probalby shouldn't go any deeper into this...)

I like quite some of her recent outfits. And I'd have frozen to death in her clothes, but people seem to be very different in this....

13-02-2013
rising star

Only the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh get British tax payers money

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, cambridge, catherine, duchess, february, june, kate, middleton