How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-06-2012
trendsetter

It's only with Kate's with kids that I think William chose his wife well. She really has a natural touch. (Of course, lots of non-royals do too, but I think you guys know what I mean. It's that same thing that Princess Diana had. Despite her position, she was still approachable. She understood what kids wanted. And Kate has it too.)

Agreed on Kate looking best in casual clothing.

18-06-2012
tfs star

She's wearing the McQueen coat she wore at last years Trooping the Colour right? I agree it's a nice shape for her.

18-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post
It's only with Kate's with kids that I think William chose his wife well. She really has a natural touch. (Of course, lots of non-royals do too, but I think you guys know what I mean. It's that same thing that Princess Diana had. Despite her position, she was still approachable. She understood what kids wanted. And Kate has it too.)
I disagree, Diana had this wonderful warmth with children I don't see the same kind of warmth with Kate in those camping pictures. The kids look bored stiff and slightly mystified at this photo-op and in the pictures where she is sat on that big log her hands are in between the her legs and there is a bunch of space between her and the kids but the kids seem to be squashed up together She could have told them to move closer.

There was this other photo I saw that I don't think is posted here of Kate talking and walking with the kids and the camp councillors (??), I have no idea who she was talking to because everyone else were ignoring her looking in different directions and laughing and chatting amongst themselves

Diana was way more affentionate towards children she had this natural ability to put even the youngest of children at ease Kate might get there in due time but she's not there yet.

ETA - I really like the Mqueen trench, Im glad we've got to see the bottom half now because it looks great.

Last edited by funkystar; 18-06-2012 at 02:01 PM.

18-06-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post

Agreed on Kate looking best in casual clothing.
I agree, Vanessa. I think the best proof was the time she spent with William in the children's hospital and at the LA kids art charity during their North American tour last summer.

The jeans and suede jacket is a fab combination on Kate. I also LOVE seeing that white McQueen coat dress again! I think the hat is better for it this time around.

18-06-2012
rising star

The coat dress is the wrong length on her, it looks silly at mini length...

18-06-2012
V.I.P.

^I agree. It's too short which makes it look awkward. Camilla looks the best imo.

18-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkystar View Post
I disagree, Diana had this wonderful warmth with children I don't see the same kind of warmth with Kate in those camping pictures. The kids look bored stiff and slightly mystified at this photo-op and in the pictures where she is sat on that big log her hands are in between the her legs and there is a bunch of space between her and the kids but the kids seem to be squashed up together She could have told them to move closer.

There was this other photo I saw that I don't think is posted here of Kate talking and walking with the kids and the camp councillors (??), I have no idea who she was talking to because everyone else were ignoring her looking in different directions and laughing and chatting amongst themselves

Diana was way more affentionate towards children she had this natural ability to put even the youngest of children at ease Kate might get there in due time but she's not there yet.

ETA - I really like the Mqueen trench, Im glad we've got to see the bottom half now because it looks great.
ITA. Kate seems really engaging, the children don't seem really receptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kristina* View Post
^I agree. It's too short which makes it look awkward. Camilla looks the best imo.
I agree as well, midi length would have been better imo

18-06-2012
V.I.P.

Well I love that McQueen coat on her. So glad she wore it again.

18-06-2012
V.I.P.

Great look, but again, the hat doesn't favor her.
The McQueen coat is a masterpiece!

18-06-2012
V.I.P.

^ I've never given much notice to hats before- are the ones like Kate has been wearing typical of the usual selection?

19-06-2012
V.I.P.

She should get that Mcqueen coat in every color, its is so fab and chic on her

20-06-2012
backstage pass

I loooove her!!!

20-06-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
^ I've never given much notice to hats before- are the ones like Kate has been wearing typical of the usual selection?
Review the photos of guests from their wedding and you can see a sampling of the hats that can make their 'appearance'. It does require some adjustment of the eye to appreciate the styles - some are very elaborate.

I like Kate's hat and I think she wears it well.

27-06-2012
V.I.P.

here's a list of everything she's worn so far in a year

dailymail.co.uk

free image hosting

Last edited by lucy92; 27-06-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: adding bigger image

27-06-2012
trendsetter

I assume that some of the jewellery she wears are gifts so it shouldn't be calculated into the overall cost of her wardrobe. But even if you take out the jewellery its still an obscene amount to spend for someone who is pretending .... sorry I mean trying to be frugal and isn't even a full-time working Royal yet . Also, the hairdressing tab isn't included in the clothing budget so that is probably another 10-20k on top of the clothing costs for public engagements and weekly trips to the salon etc....

Last edited by funkystar; 27-06-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, cambridge, catherine, duchess, february, june, kate, middleton