How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-05-2012
Mr. Magic

Eva Mendes

Garrett Hedlund

Grace Coddington

Gwyneth Paltrow

Hugh Dancy

Hugh Jackman & Debora Lee-Furness

Jessica Biel

Kate Bosworth

celebutopia, Just Jared, popsugar, tlfan.to, fashionologie, daylife.com, Facebook/Prada, zimbio.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

13-05-2012
Mr. Magic

Linda Evangelista

Liv Corfixen & Nicolas Winding

Mia Wasikowska

Milla Jovovich

Rita Wilson

Shala Monroque

Stefano Pilati & Lucie de la Falaise

Tobey Maguire & Jennifer Meyer

celebutopia, Just Jared, popsugar, tlfan.to, fashionologie, daylife.com, Facebook/Prada, zimbio.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
13-05-2012
Mr. Magic

Gary Oldman in Prada & Alexandra Edenborough in Miu Miu

Hailee Steinfeld in Miu Miu

zimbio.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
13-05-2012
tfs star

A few of those outfits are hit and miss. The team really needs to improve their dressmaking skills I must say. The cut, fit, and fabrics are questionable on a few looks especially the fabric chosen for Eva Mendes' dress. They really need to hire more experienced dressmakers that have a background in some type of couture making.

Hopefully in time they will improve because their RTW is always precise and beautiful. I'm honestly almost never impressed when Prada does the red carpet.

13-05-2012
Ère de ℳodernité

^I agree. I really liked Carey and Gwyneth's dresses; but the rest was really boring. Miuccia's designs have a soul and tell some kind of story. Surprisingly, when they're modified for the red carpet, the lose all of it.

V.I.P.

Most of those custom Prada dresses are incredibly bad. I agree, Carey and Gwyneth look good, but the rest are awful!! I hate it when a dress is custom made from another dress on the runway, but with a longer hem / train / sleeves etc. It looks strange and very DIY. Dasha's dress is an example of how terrible this kind of modification can be!

13-05-2012
front row

How would a background in couture help with selecting a fabric that photographed better?

The biggest issues of "fit" in my mind is on Gwyneth, but I also have no doubt that exposing so much breast was also intentional. So I guess it's just bad taste, which is classic Orada.

This whole "modified look" concept is one that TFSers take too seriously. It's silly to assume that looks that aren't in the show proper are somehow lesser or derivative versions of a runway look. Just because you saw the short sleeved version on the runway first doesn't mean that the long sleeve version didn't come first, or that the designer liked the short sleeved version better in any context except putting on a runway show. Etc. Particularly with Prada, whose collections are so often clearly broken down into different thematic sections that it really doesn't make sense to evaluate looks in this way.

14-05-2012
V.I.P.

I'm surprised so many people seem to dislike the custom Prada outfits at the Met, I loved most of them! Mia Wasikowska's outfit was one of my favorites of the night and I really loved Rita Wilson's, Milla Jovovich's and Lucie de la Falaise's looks, too. Amber Valletta's dress also looks great in that modified version. And Kate Bosworth looked unexpectedly stunning in that Prada dress, quite a bold choice for her because she usually goes for trendy but safe looks but it totally works.

14-05-2012
scenester

Frankly it's quite silly to expect a great red carpet dress from Prada. She's not like that, she's all games and fun and experimenting and she simply doesn't fit to that conventional idea of the red carpet. It's like trying to repaint Monet for cubistic purposes.

14-05-2012
V.I.P.

I loved most of the Prada dresses, too.

I didn't catch Gary Oldman's girlfriend in the Miu Miu until I saw the pictures Flashbang posted. She looked amazing. Talk about amazing fit.

21-05-2012
Mr. Magic

More custom Prada on Cannes this year.

Berenice Bejo

Jason Schwartzman

Mia Wasikowska

Shia LaBeouf

Tim Roth

celebrity-paradise, celebutopia.net, zimbio

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
21-05-2012
V.I.P.

Im loving all of Miuccias custom Prada gowns, there always interesting cool but still chic red carpet standouts. Love this last one on Bernice and there were so many AmAZing looks at the Met to even mention but Gywneth, Milla, Kate and Eva were some of the best

21-05-2012
Hell on Heels

uma thurman wore this to the met ball, i'd love to see a better look cause im 99% sure that's a costum prada:

zimbio.com

24-05-2012
Mr. Magic

More from Cannes.

Garrett Hedlund

Gemma Arterton

Milla Jovovich

Milla Jovovich

Shia LaBeouf

celebrity-paradise, daylife, zimbio

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
24-05-2012
backstage pass

The "modified" designs for the galas are interesting, even if they may look terrible. Prada within the context of high fashion works wonderfully, but I think once it's streamlined to fit in with the typical red-carpet aesthetic, it looks terribly lacking and is stripped off that Prada essence.

Hollywood-types in these modified designs simply destroy the Prada essence: Gemma Arterton, Diane Kruger, Eva Mendes, Rita Wilson and Haillee Syeinfeld all look so terribly generic to me, the exception here being Carey Mulligan in that gold-paillette dress: demure and aggresive at once. Very stylish fashion-types-- Lucie de la Falaise, Amber Valleta, Linda and particularly Milla, bring that Prada essence to life and make it their own. They understand Prada-- or they just have very good stylists dressing them.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
celebs, prada