How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-06-2011
tfs star

last night I watched an old episode of Arrested Development ... she is so funny! MR F [for those are familiar with the show]

she looks wonderful at the Dior party

19-06-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love$2shop View Post
last night I watched an old episode of Arrested Development ... she is so funny! MR F [for those are familiar with the show]
Yes she is VERY versatile. Even tho she prefers "damaged" women she has a wide range and can play whatever she wants. I loved loved how well she played that crazy girl in AD You never see Charlize Theron, always her character.

19-06-2011
fashion elite

^I agree with you she was a riot in Arrested Development (i love that show so much, still watch it constantly on NETFLIX).

Did you see her in the Woody Allen movie with Kenneth Granagh, where she plays an oversexualized model. Shje is brilliant in the movie.

19-06-2011
fashion insider

the most perfect woman on earth

26-06-2011
V.I.P.

Christian Dior Haute Couture SS 2007 - arrivals

celebritycity

08-07-2011
trendsetter

Credit : ladycharlize
Quote:
Charlize Theron is really royally busy right now

NEW YORK Royal wedding bells won't be ringing in Charlize Theron's future.

Yes, the Oscar-winning actress attended a polo match in England with Prince Harry in May. But she swears it was mostly business.
"I am not dating him. I'm dating his passion for the work that he does," Theron says with a laugh. "I love what he's doing, and we met up with some people on his team. He has a real passion for it."
Theron, 35, is referring to the prince's good works, done as part of his Sentebale charity to help the impoverished children of Lesotho. Theron herself is active in her native South Africa through her Africa Outreach Project, which focuses on sex education and HIV/AIDS prevention. Starting Tuesday, people can donate to CTAOP via Tonic.com.
Her work, she says, is far from glamorous but completely rewarding.
"I'm sitting on a toilet for seven days with diarrhea. But it's the thing that puts everything into perspective," says Theron, in Manhattan to raise money for her organization. "There's a part of me that will always be the South African who knows and realizes how unbelievably fortunate I have been."
Yes, Dior spokeswoman Theron concedes that she enjoys the finer things, but within reason. "I'm completely spoiled don't get me wrong but I am not one of those people who needs another box of eye shadow. I only have two eyelids. There's only so much eye shadow that can go on two eyelids. I don't like a lot of stuff. I have a thing against excess."
Next up for Theron: Jason Reitman's Young Adult, which is set for release later this year and stars the actress as a remorseless fiction writer who decides to break up her former sweetheart's marriage. She just wrapped Ridley Scott's Prometheus (out in 2012), and in August she starts production on Snow White and the Huntsman, playing the evil queen to Kristen Stewart's princess. How does Theron feel about tackling a character that iconic? "No pressure!" she quips.
Theron hasn't met Stewart yet. Nor has she delved into her character or figured out how she'll play her.
"The only thing I will say is that it will be dark. It will be a dark, realistic version of it," she says.
"I don't know where it's going yet."

08-07-2011
trendsetter

Credit : Justjared
Quote:
Charlize Theron stocks up on groceries at Whole Foods on Tuesday (June 21) in Los Angeles.

More here

08-07-2011
fashion elite

^@Ammarra, thank you so muh for posting, we see so liitle of her candids, real bummer. I love the outfit, the booties are real cute.

09-07-2011
rising star

made these in September 2010 from my alltime favorite pic of Charlize

original:

1600x1200 // 1920x1200

10-07-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobro22 View Post
^@Ammarra, thank you so muh for posting, we see so liitle of her candids, real bummer. I love the outfit, the booties are real cute.
You are very welcome and yes, for someone who lives in LA she sure knows how to hide. She'll be at Comic-con on July 23rd with Stewart and the cast of SWATH. Hopefully some other casual chic awesomeness on our way. I really look forward the release of Young Adults and her upcoming blockbusters SWATH and Prometheus. Those seem like massive movies so hopefully more interviews/press junket/pictures in our way.
She was also at Piers Morgan lately but I can't seem to find the whole thing on youtube. Btw, did anyone watch the Iconoclast episode with her?

10-07-2011
fashion elite

@Ammarra, thanks so much for the information I cannot wait to see her at ComiCon, I am sure she will look fantastic.

Do you know what is her next release and when it is? It's just been way too long! I really do not think that is advantageous for her and her career to be out of the picture for such a long time. On one hand I admire her aboslute refusal to play the fame whore part, but at the same time I wish at least she would work more.

10-07-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobro22 View Post
@Ammarra, thanks so much for the information I cannot wait to see her at ComiCon, I am sure she will look fantastic.

Do you know what is her next release and when it is? It's just been way too long! I really do not think that is advantageous for her and her career to be out of the picture for such a long time. On one hand I admire her aboslute refusal to play the fame whore part, but at the same time I wish at least she would work more.
Young adult is supposed to come out first but doesn't have a release date yet and it's quite indie so we'll see but it's supposed to come out sometimes in 2011.. Prometheus will premiere in the USA on the 8th of June 2012 and SWATH will be out on the 1st of June 2012.

Since the premieres seem to be so close my bet is she'll do more promo for Prometheus esp since it's an Alien Prequel and has much more high profile cast (Michael Fassenberg ). It's going to be massive, it's Alien after all She also has Mad Max which is supposed to come out in 2012, don't know when filming start..

As for her career I agree. I don't even remember the last time she had a cover for a massive magazine. She goes to very few talk shows while promoting and if it wasn't for Dior we wouldn't see her for years That's why I am so excited about those blockbusters. Those aren't indie so hopefully she'll be everywhere. That being said, I wish she could pick more diverse/challenging roles so those are a nice way to do it too. What I mean is, she has already proven herself in the drama genre, she can def play the nut case (ie Arrested Development), I am sure she could do great funny "room com" or maybe try more historic pieces (I loved her in Heads in the Clouds and the life of Peter Sellers) but I understand why she doesn't want to be blonde/brain dead GF. I just wish we could see more of her..

10-07-2011
fashion elite

@Ammarra, thank you so much for all the info. I was a bit dissapointed that she does not have the lead in the Alien sequel, I was actually shocked. Charlize is in the same age range as Anjelina, and this is of course only my opinion, I think Charlize is a much better actor, better range, I am shocked why she does not work more.

I know that Mad Max is in limbo at this point.

I think like you said Charlize has proven herself to be an amazing actor, who can do any genre, its just I wish she would do MORE, she should have been in Horrible Bosses or how great would she have been in Bad Teacher? Just my two cents I am a massive fan.

10-07-2011
V.I.P.

Love her booties and scarf in the more recent candids!
Posted via Mobile Device

10-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Charlize is in the same age range as Anjelina, and this is of course only my opinion, I think Charlize is a much better actor, better range, I am shocked why she does not work more.
I agree she's far a better actor than Angelina... the problem is that she cannot open a movie in terms of box office dollars like Angelina...

She actually turn the lead female role for The Tourist... She would have done a much better job and of course, her and Depp have good chemistry on screen.

Quote:
she should have been in Horrible Bosses or how great would she have been in Bad Teacher?

I have to disagree... as a whole, she is probably a better actress than both Jennifer and Cameron combined... however, she hasn't proven herself much in comedic roles. She usually goes from dramatic roles and some action films... I can't picture her in a comedy...maybe she would have been able to pull of horrible bosses but not Bad Teacher... just my opinion..,

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, april, charlize, january, theron