How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-12-2011
tfs star

I like her hair like that. Not a fan of the dress, the navy part looks weird.

Watched Young Adult today and she is so beautiful. It was funny because even in the scenes where she is supposed to look like a mess/hungover (old make-up, unbrushed hair, uggs and sweats) she was still gorgeous. And she delivered a great performance too. I loved when she was glaring at someone or looking moody.

17-12-2011
V.I.P.

this is the first dress i'm labeling as a fail on this promo tour. it's one hideous dress which doesn't do anything for her, those shoes look cheap.

17-12-2011
V.I.P.

I love the shoes, but they clash with the tattoo on her right foot. God, I really have a thing against tattoos on feet.

18-12-2011
trendsetter

Credit : ladycharlize
NEW YORK – Charlize Theron won a best-actress Academy Award for playing a physically repugnant killer in 2003's Monster. But in the black comedy Young Adult, she's just as terrifying, and she looks exactly like herself.

Quote:
By Todd Plitt, USA TODAY
Charlize Theron stars as as struggling author in her new movie, which expands to theaters nationwide on Friday.

Theron's Mavis Gary is trouble — an author of teen fiction and a narcissistic former prom queen with a non-existent moral compass. She returns to her small Minnesota town to win back her high school boyfriend Buddy, who's now married with a newborn daughter. As Mavis, Theron is a one-woman cyclone of destruction who spends her days either chasing Buddy or getting drunk with a disabled former classmate (Patton Oswalt) whom she alternately mocks or dismisses.
Yet for Theron, Mavis Gary is a ravishing work of art.
"I'd be blind to not see the potential in the character. These are the kinds of roles women wait for," Theron says. "Yeah, it scared me. There's so much about her — when you hold up the mirror, you see almost too much you don't want to acknowledge. But that coincides with what makes my job exciting."
The performance has earned Theron, whose career has been more sluggish than spectacular the past few years, first-rate reviews and put her back on Oscar watch lists. Director Jason Reitman says he can't imagine anyone else inhabiting his unapologetically prickly heroine.
"I just knew how tricky this character would be. In the screenplay, Mavis is nuanced and troubled. All that could have been done away with if the actress decided to portray Mavis as some sort of caricature. Charlize has a way of showing how broken she was," says Reitman. "She's fearless in her approach. Most actors would find a way to tell the audience that they're nothing like the character. It takes (courage) to stare this character this straight down."
Such is Theron's clear-eyed commitment to the role that when Mavis utters a three-word line at the end of the film that is so despicably, deliciously nasty, you end up applauding her for it. Mavis is thoughtless, selfish and rude. She sleeps around. She ignores her dog, Dolce. And she has a bad habit of tugging out pieces of her hair, once her golden crowning glory in school. But Theron wasn't deterred by Mavis' venom.
"I didn't try to make her a human being. I really believed that she was," says Theron, 36. "There's so much about this that's hard for me to admit, that I've done things like this to get through the day.
"She does things that are really despicable. But overall, the survival techniques — the meanness, the lying about her life being so great — are things we can relate to."
As are Mavis' rough mornings. Somehow, the dazzlingly gorgeous Theron — the face of Dior, the cover girl of Vogue, the icy-glam red-carpet presence — looks icky and worn out in the film. There she is, waking up bleary and hung over, guzzling Diet Coke while wearing a crusty T-shirt. And that's her, drunkenly removing her dress, with her cleavage-enhancing chicken cutlets uncomfortably askew, making her breasts look misshapen and her body seem past its prime.
As real as real gets
Yes, that was all her idea. "The chicken cutlets came out of a story I'd experienced with a boy. I had to wear those. The girls who don't have boobs live for those — are you kidding?"
For the role, Reitman says, Theron wanted to look as real as she could, as clichéd as that might sound.
"Charlize was doing her own makeup. She was making her eyes as ugly as possible. She said, 'We should make my hair look thinner' and 'When I get naked, there cannot be one sexy thing about it, it should be awkward and sad,' " he says. "Mavis is a person who is very focused on how she presents herself to the world. Charlize was instrumental in creating those looks."
Indeed, Oswalt says, "Charlize wanted to show what she looked like in the morning, with no makeup, with a bit of a gut. She was so committed. In Monster, she gained weight and had prosthetics on. And here, she plays such a horrible person. There was nowhere to hide."
So convincing is Theron that one has to wonder whether she's somehow playing a younger version of herself.
"No way," she retorts.
The actress didn't draw on her own high school experience in South Africa to play Mavis, but she could relate to being one of Mavis' victims. In primary school, Theron was shut out from the in crowd, something that still sticks with her.
"Emotionally, it hurt me. But by the time I was in high school, I was so focused on ballet and wasn't sitting around worrying about that stuff. In a way, I got that out of the way by the time I was 13 or 14.
"My school was really mellow. It was an art school. We didn't have anyone in our school that was really that extreme. There was the popular girl. There were two girls — they were nice girls, they weren't evil. Not a lot of people dated. I didn't date. I wore these huge Sally Jessy Raphael glasses, and boys don't like those."
Suffice to say, that has changed dramatically for Theron, who in person is astonishingly foxy. But it's her salty, acerbic and thoroughly ribald sensibility that ultimately sticks with you. "I don't know how she does it," Reitman says. "When I met her, I was completely intimidated by her beauty. She finds a way to dim the light bulb and be a normal, lovely, really darkly funny person."
A Kardashian fan
For starters, she's enamored with a certain ebony-haired reality TV family. When told that this reporter spent time covering the Kardashians, Theron leans back and demands details. "Really. Oh. My. God. Tell me everything. What did you do?" she asks, before precisely mimicking Kim Kardashian's mellifluous voice. "Kourtney. Stop."
As for her relationship with Twilight's Kristen Stewart, who plays Snow White to Theron's Evil Queen in next year's lavish production of Snow White and the Huntsman? "We totally get it on. She doesn't know it yet, but I've been working on some rewrites," Theron cracks.
She also has navigated celebrity admirably, revealing just enough to be interesting without selling out her privacy. She'll glow at you from magazine covers, but you have no idea what Theron just had for dinner.
And tabloid buzz of a clandestine relationship with Ryan Reynolds aside, you have little insight into whom she's dating (after a long relationship with Irish actor Stuart Townsend ended last year).
"I don't want to talk about it too much because I'm scared things will change. I've never been that way. I've never been OK with it. Those values have sustained for me.
"I don't really talk about my personal life and I don't really talk about my relationships. I'm not a big partier. I like the simplicity of my life, and I've chosen the kind of life I really want to live. I don't think my life is boring at all."
'Blessed' with friendship
Theron's idea of being out of control? Gorging on ham during a recent trip through Spain with one of her close girlfriends. "I gained two dress sizes," she says, and arrived stateside just in time to shoot her most recent Vogue cover.
"There's this kind of idea that someone like me would be horrible with women. That acknowledgment that if you look a certain way, you can't be a girl's girl. I have way deeper relationships with girls than I do with guys. I get along with guys. The women in my life are the ones who move me. It sounds so hokey, but I've been blessed with incredible women in my life."
Of course, being friends with Theron has its perks. Among them: access to her wardrobe, which she says isn't too egregious.
"All of that stuff is really nice. I do have a bit of a guilty — I don't know if it's the African in me — but I'm one person and how much makeup do I need? I have a normal-sized closet. I donate things. I don't have a nature in me to want things in excess. I actually don't like it.
"A lot of times, I will auction it off and have it go to charity. And my friends benefit a lot. I call it Narnia. When I see a girlfriend and say, 'I like that top,' she's like, 'Narnia, from your closet.' "
For now, the actress is focused on more practical pursuits. After three years of small roles in small films (among them The Road and The Burning Plain), Theron is back with a vengeance worthy of Mavis.
She wrapped Ridley Scott's alien thriller Prometheus, opposite current it-guy Michael Fassbender, and showcases her nefarious side again as Queen Ravenna in Snow White. And then she's heading to Australia to shoot Fury Road, part of the Mad Max franchise, in the desert. "I'll come back looking like a leather handbag," she quips.
Should her schedule clear up, Reitman is ready to go a second time. "I can't wait to work with her again. I'm closer to her than probably any actor I've worked with. She has a practical way of viewing the world, and she's killer in the way she approaches her career and her work."
As for Theron, she's nothing if not appreciative. "I'm very blessed," she says. "You find yourself in a very fortunate position when you don't have to go do something to pay the rent."
She also was at Burger king on Thursday in her trademark blazer . Pictures at Ladycharlize.free.fr

18-12-2011
V.I.P.

I hate the SM dress at the premiere, but the other looks are simply divine

19-12-2011
on the come up

The SM dress wasn't that bad!

19-12-2011
V.I.P.

Charlize Theron makes a late night trip to In-n-Out Burger in Los Angeles, CA, USA, on December 15, 2011

tlfan

19-12-2011
fashion elite

gosh... she is so pretty

19-12-2011
on the come up

^Even from fuzzy zoomed out angles!

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

Elle Finland January 2012

facebook/elle finland

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

Who is she with at the Burger joint: does anyone know? Is she seeing anyone?

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

21-12-2011
fashion elite

^I recognize her Mom in one of the shots, in terms of boyfriend's you know Charlize she keeps her private life private.

21-12-2011
trendsetter

Credit : ladycharlize
Prometheus trailer will be online tomorrow on itunes.

Jimmy Fallon

Tod Pitt - USA Today photoshoot

22-12-2011
trendsetter

Prometheus

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

Thanks for the reply kobro22!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, april, charlize, january, theron