How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-12-2011
trendsetter

Thanks littlepaperstars! It's suicidal that this movie opens the same day as SWATH!! She is going to have a lot on her plate the next few month between promoting those 2 movies and filming Mad Max+attending all the awards show!

Teaser trailer:

Trailer:

Last edited by dennab216; 22-12-2011 at 12:44 PM.

25-12-2011
trendsetter

Credit : ladycharlize
Quote:
LOS ANGELES – We asked several stars about their Christmas plans. Their answers are as varied as their personalities and movie projects:

CHARLIZE Theron: “I’m playing it by ear.”
Golden Globe best actress nominee for Jason Reitman’s “Young Adult”
“I really wanted to be away for the holidays but I’m working in London. I don’t know when I’m going to wrap this film (‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ with Kristen Stewart) and how exhausted I’m going to be. I’m playing it by ear.
“Every year I spend my Christmas differently. Sometimes I like to travel, sometimes I like to stay home and cook dinner. I didn’t really grow up with Christmas being a specific thing because it’s summer holiday in South Africa (where I was born). We tend to load the car up and drive to the beach. Santa Claus puts on a Speedo and comes down the lagoon. That’s very South African. You have barbecue and watermelon. For me, that’s what Christmas always represents when I was a child growing up. Not the tree, snow and gifts. We didn’t do any of that stuff.”
Patrick Demarchelier - Dior Couture

25-12-2011
V.I.P.

Us Weekly 19 December 2011 ebook3o

25-12-2011
tfs star

^^ weird gown !

26-12-2011
fashion elite

I just saw her in Young Adult, she was fantastic!

26-12-2011
V.I.P.

Going to see Young Adult tonight woo!

27-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
The Amazing, Low-key Life of Charlize Theron
La superbe, vie secrète de Charlize Theron
08/12/11
After a painful childhood and meteoric rise to fame in her 20s, the Oscar-winning actress says she finally can enjoy the moment for what it is.

It’s a balmy autumn afternoon in Los Angeles and Charlize Theron is in a matrimonial mood. Not for herself, mind you. No, the actress, who has been single nearly two years since breaking up with her long-time beau, actor Stuart Townsend, is perfectly happy to be on her own, thank you very much.

But she’s beyond excited to be heading up to northern California to join the wedding party of a best friend.“It’s incredible,” Theron says. “I’m a bridesmaid; her brother is her maid of honor!” And if this bridesmaid is never a bride, well, that’s OK with her.
Brian Bowen Smith 2011 - USA WEEKEND

ladycharlize

ladycharlize

27-12-2011
tfs star

^ CT being CT , lover these pics !

27-12-2011
V.I.P.

I love the newest (from this September) J adore advertisement... every time I see it on TV.... She truly is breathtaking!

28-12-2011
trendsetter

Credit: shape.com, ladycharlize
Charlize Theron's Ballet-Based Total-Body Workout
Quote:
Charlize Theron is a world-renowned actress dedicated to her diverse film roles (congrats are in order for her recent Golden Globe nom!) and incredibly devoted to her intense workouts, too.

From struttin’ red carpets [1]worldwide to stunning TV audiences in her oh-so-sexy Dior commercial campaigns, Theron is clearly one gorgeous woman with the most sensational, svelte figure to match.

But behind most fabulous figures in Hollywood is an equally as fabulous trainer. Meet powerhouse fitness expert Fedele De Santis, owner of The Gym on Nemo [2], where one might spot hot bods like Jessica Biel, Cameron Diaz, Eva Mendes, and Ms. Theron herself.

De Santis, who has worked with the South African stunner for more than two years, trains all his female clients to look like ballerinas with long, lean, strong and beautiful bodies.

“Charlize is an extremely serious, focused, professional, no BS, balls-to-the-wall client,” De Santis says. “She is so tenacious — my nickname for her is thundercat!”

The secret to a beautiful ballerina body like Theron? “Make sure your grip for every exercise is narrow. A wide grip makes the muscles grow wide and your body more masculine,” De Santis says.

When it comes to diet, De Santis advises to slowly lower your calories and focus on proteins, vegetables, and dark-colored fruits and greens [3]. Make sure everything you eat is clean and organic, and stay away from fried foods, bread, rice, and pasta, as well.

“A lot of women make the mistake of changing their diet too quickly —in one day. Lower your calories slowly so you can avoid causing emotional and mental trauma to yourself,” recommends De Santis. “As long as you don’t reduce your calories too suddenly, your body will acclimate, your stomach will adjust, and you’ll get to your goal easier.”

From Hollywood, Fla., to Hollywood, Calif., De Santis’ wealth of experience and fitness expertise definitely shows in the famous fit females he trains.

“Being a personal trainer [4]has given me so many opportunities to help bring others not only better health, but peace of mind. This is the true success of what I do,” he says. “If you’re not having fun, it ain’t worth it!”

That’s why we were thrilled when De Santis shared with us Theron’s leading lady workout so we too can get our bodies in beautiful ballerina shape [5]. Read on for more!
Theron’s Workout: De Santis’ workout for Theron is ballet-based and works every muscle group. Use dumbbells 5 lbs. and under to avoid getting bulky. Complete a minimum of 35 minutes of cardio in addition to these moves (Theron loves the Arc Trainer).

You’ll Need: 3 and 5 lb. dumbbells, exercise mat, bench, 18 lb. exercise ball, tricep pushdown machine.

Pliés in Second Position:
Begin with your legs and arms in second position, and lower your body as you do for a grand plié in first position. As you do, be especially careful to keep your upper body aligned, without sticking out your rear end. At the bottom of the motion, make sure that your hips never go lower than your knees.

Complete 1 set of 35-50 plies.

Seated Bicep Curls:
Sit with your back against a backrest so that your head, shoulders and butt make contact with the bench and your feet firmly on the floor. Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with thumbs wrapped around the handles and put your arms at your sides. Pull the shoulder blades down and back.

Exhale and slowly bend your elbows bringing the dumbbells toward your shoulders. Do not allow your back to arch or your elbows to move forward. Keep the wrists in line with your forearms (neutral). Do not allow the wrists to bend throughout the exercise. Your head, shoulders and butt should stay in contact with the bench. Keep your feet firmly on the floor. Do not allow your shoulders to shrug.
Inhale and straighten your elbows and lower the dumbbells back to your start position in a slow and controlled manner.

Complete 1 set of 60 reps with 5 lb. dumbbells.

Side Laterals:
Grab your dumbbells and stand with a straight torso and the dumbbells by your side at arm’s length with the palms of the hand facing you. This will be your starting position. While maintaining the torso in a stationary position (no swinging), lift the dumbbells to your side with a slight bend in the elbow and the hands slightly tilted forward. Continue to go up until your arms are parallel to the floor. Exhale as you execute this movement and pause for a second at the top. Lower the dumbbells back down slowly to the starting position as you inhale and repeat.

Complete 1 set of 35 reps with 3 lb. dumbbells.

Butt-Lifts:
Lie down on your back and place your feet hip-distance apart with knees bent. Place your arms beside your hips with your palms down. Inhale and as you exhale, tilt your pelvis and squeeze your glutes as you slowly lift your hips up as high as they will go.

At the peak of the contraction you will be resting on your shoulder blades only with your body in a straight line from your knees to your head. Lower and raise your buttocks about eight inches and repeat.

Complete 1 set of 75 reps.

Bicycle Crunches:
Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground and contract your core muscles. With your hands gently holding your head, lift your knees to about a 45-degree angle. Slowly, at first, go through a bicycle pedal motion, alternately touching your elbows to the opposite knees as you twist back and forth. Breathe evenly throughout the exercise.

Complete 1 set of 60 reps.

Modified Plank:
Place your body face down on your hands as if you’re about to do a push-up. Contract the abs as tight as you can, keep the body in a straight line from head to toes and hold in this position.

Hold for a minimum of 60 seconds.

Bench Press with 18 lb. Exercise Ball:
When you perform a bench press on a ball, try to keep your body as straight as possible from your shoulders to your knees. Keep your head and shoulders on the ball and your feet flat on the ground. Start with weight at chest level and press towards the ceiling until your arms are straight.

Complete 1 set of 60 reps.

Tricep Pushdowns
:
Face the tricep pushdown machine and grasp the horizontal cable bar with an overhand grip. The bar should be at about chest level. Tuck the elbows into the sides and position the feet comfortably, slightly apart. Brace the abdominals. Push down on the handle bar until elbows are fully extended yet without snapping the elbows straight and by keeping the elbows close to the body on the way down.

Bend the knees slightly on the pushdown but stay as upright as possible with back straight. Don’t recruit the back and shoulder muscles by bending too far forward. Allow the bar to return to the starting point under control, and try not to clash the weights.

Complete 35 reps with 20 lbs., using a narrow grip.

For more info on Fedele De Santis and to inquire about personal training, please email him at fedeledesantis@yahoo.com [6].
Total film scans

02-01-2012
V.I.P.

isopix.be
[img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/isop1510.jpg[/img][img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/isop1511.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/isop1512.jpg[/img][img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/isop1513.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/isop1514.jpg[/img][img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/isop1515.jpg[/img]

ctress Charlize Theron arrives at LAX airport on New Year's Day from a flight originating in Miami. The Academy Award winner traveled comfortably in blue top with black figure flattering pants and accessorized with a grey patterned scarf, black flats and a black carry-on bag. Los Angeles, CA. 1st January 2011.

02-01-2012
V.I.P.

Charlize rocks! Another great look!

02-01-2012
V.I.P.

Love the scarf and ankle jeans with flats; she looks lovely.

The workout sounds interesting too, thanks for posting.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

02-01-2012
V.I.P.

Thank god. I thought from the first two pics she had cut all her hair off.

02-01-2012
tfs star

i love tht hairstyle

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, april, charlize, january, theron