How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
^ To be fair I think those kinds of performances are very, very rare. She has taken on some good roles, but I think for someone who hasn't worked as much over the past few years the fact that studios have chosen her for these big blockbusters is a really good sign. I'm sure she'll get down to those more dramatic roles in the future, but I really like that she's in super-successful films otherwise her film career would go down the toilet like Gwyneth Paltrow's.
I know these types of roles help her exposure as a star/celebrity, but I mean in terms of acting itself. And for sure, that was a unique role. But look at someone like Julianne Moore or Nicole Kidman - mostly they have selected "actor" roles as opposed to "star" roles.

As for Paltrow I think her career slow-down was more by choice: moving to England and being pregnant twice. I don't think it had anything to do with roles and so forth.

Anyhow, just hoping to see Charlize "bust her chops" again soon!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

12-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
I wish she'd do another great realist film/performance like Monster. It seems like she's doing mainly sci-fi, fantasy, big budget films a.t.m., other than Young Adult which while good didn't come close to her performance in Monster.
The only scifi she took are Aeon Flux, Prometheus, SWATH and Mad Max. SWATH and Prometheus being filmed back to back last year. In between there were absolutely terrific performances from her from Arrested Development to the Valley of Elah, The Burning Plain and others. This year she is known for those movies but her filmography is amazing. She is also going to produce HBO series and will star in some of them. She got excellent project lines up, which aren't star roles at all She said back in 2010 that she needed to have some of those projects to be able to do some more low key and more raw material that she liked.

As for money, she could live with her Dior contracts alone

I am glad of the choices she made, especially since she is such a director/story driven actress. I absolutely loved Prometheus. It's so good to see her in 3 roles within a year and to never have the feeling that I am seeing Charlize Theron.

As for MM she confirmed the 6 months during Prometheus press conference in London
Posted via Mobile Device

12-06-2012
V.I.P.

Oh, I look forward to seeing her in HBO series; they've been doing some great stuff. Thanks for the info.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

12-06-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
The Paramount Picture
To celebrate its 100th birthday, Paramount Pictures assembled 116 of the greatest talents ever to work at the studio.

vanityfair

12-06-2012
front row

is that her in the middle in white?

12-06-2012
front row

love that dress that shes wearing for the press junket

12-06-2012
fashion insider

yesterday I watched one of her movies- Prometheus, Che is way more beautiful in 3D

13-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelaindream View Post
is that her in the middle in white?
Yes.

Same for the dress. If anyone has an ID..

As for Prometheus, the last time she looked that good was in Aeon Flux. She got the best body in HW
Posted via Mobile Device

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

SNC Russia June 2012 my scans

13-06-2012
front row

Stunning! What a beautiful face she has

14-06-2012
V.I.P.

looking forward to see her shaved head!!

14-06-2012
V.I.P.

'Snow White And The Huntsman' actress Charlize Theron heading to a yoga class and then running some errands in Los Angeles, California on June 13, 2012.
Credit to zimbio

15-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Charlize Theron flashes a smile as she steps out for lunch with a friend at Sushi Park on Thursday (June 14) in West Hollywood, Calif.

justjared

15-06-2012
V.I.P.

Cute outfit!
Posted via Mobile Device

15-06-2012
backstage pass

"With a friend", oh JustJared! It's David Fincher!

Can't wait to see her haircut.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, charlize, february, january, theron