How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-10-2011
V.I.P.

Charlotte is good looking. period. she is far away from being ugly but IMO she is quite average these days. 5 years ago I would say she was one of the most beautiful girls in the world, now that her features changed, I think she is quite common, to say the least.....

08-10-2011
tfs star

I'm gonna echo previous sentiments and just say, IMO, Kate is not even on the same plane as Charlotte looks or fashion-wise (and that's saying something because Charlotte's style has NEVER been anything to rave about). But that's looks. Personality/image wise, same story. It annoys me that Kate is being touted as this awesome "modern" princess when she essentially waited around for a man for almost a decade. Obviously it's different in the BRF but I guess as a princess she's not supposed to have a vocation or skill of any kind. Okay.

Charlotte, at least, is attempting at a vocation. Now whether has or will succeed is another story. On TRF alot of people seem to think that her equestrian career is a sham. I still give her points for doing something. For herself. Separate from a guy.

08-10-2011
trendsetter

FWIW, I need to clarify that I never compared Charlotte's looks to Kate's. I was drawing a comparison between two similar trends - where royals are very premeditatedly overrated (on grounds of beauty in Charlotte's case and on grounds of style in the case of Kate) in order to cash in on their cachet and sell magazines and tabloids.

However tempting it may be to anoint them as the latter-day Mrs Kennedy or Grace Kelly, Kate Middleton ain't no Jackie Onassis or even Victoria Beckham or *insert style icon of your choice* and Charlotte Casiraghi is not a patch on her iconic grandmother.

Last edited by pavonine; 08-10-2011 at 03:07 PM.
08-10-2011
tfs star

Well then I agree with you. My bad. I do, however, think Kelly and Jackie-O were pretty overrated themselves.

09-10-2011
trendsetter

Charlotte is beautiful imo but she is not "OMG WOW SO SO GORGEOUS".
She has beautiful facial features, nice hair and her body is ok.
When she was younger, she was really beautiful.

I think her style is nothing special, she is popular here because of her beauty not because of her style.

09-10-2011
trendsetter

Charlotte >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kate

Kate gets a lots of attention because she is the next queen of England.
Her looks are nothing amazing, she has stylists and i don't think she is a good role model for women.

09-10-2011
backstage pass

I can't believe anyone would compare Charlotte to Kate. Kate is an average looking girl who has an entire team coordinating everything for her, from hair to makeup to clothing. And she looks like it. Kate is just a very contrived invention of the royal family.

Charlotte has an authentic style and a natural beauty that Kate doesn't.

09-10-2011
fashion elite

Gleam totally agree with you. Charlotte is just beautiful.

10-10-2011
trendsetter

Absolutely Gleam!

I do think it is unfair to pit the women's looks against each other: they can't help their genes (and it plays into the beauty standard which is highly unrealistic and unachievable for most women), but I do think their style and fashion sense is fair game. Much as I love Kate's transformation, I really loathe that she isn't giving her stylists proper credit.

I too love that Charlotte has her own career(s) apart from being a member of a princely family.

10-10-2011
tfs star

Nobody was comparing their looks or their style. The original comparison was that both are overrated by the media/public based on the fact that they are royal.

10-10-2011
trendsetter

Charlotte is not overrated at all.
She is not that popular.
I live in France and i rarely hear about her.

10-10-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
Nobody was comparing their looks or their style. The original comparison was that both are overrated by the media/public based on the fact that they are royal.
Thank you for reiterating that.

10-10-2011
rising star

But what is the definition of overrated? A consensus of positive opinions, subjectivities? Over-the-top hype from the media? If someone who lives in France says she rarely hears about her, how can she be overrated? If we hardly hear about her in the U.S as well, how she be overrated? Is it in TFS or TRF where naturally her fans rave about her?

I won't even address the Kate phenomenon, for as pleasant as I find Kate, she is average-looking and without interest (to me). Charlotte can take very good photographs, as well as very bad ones, where her face is too long, her lips disproportionate, her expression bland and spiritless, her posture submissive. I do like her style, sometimes, although I rarely find her truly elegant. If she weren't Princess Caroline's daughter, I am not sure I'd follow her at all.

10-10-2011
front row

I'm loving the "hipster" glasses in post #1

11-10-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavonine View Post
Angelina Jolie. Uma Thurman. Gemma Ward. Nicole Kidman. Christy Turlington. Natalia Vodianova. Eva Green. Monica Bellucci (in her younger days, and sometimes, even now). Doutzen Kroes. Diane Kruger. Ines de la Fressange.

And there are a plethora of women whom I don't find beautiful per se, but exceptionally good-looking nonetheless. Penelope Cruz. Toni Garrn. Keira Knightley. Sigrid Agren. Daria Werbowy. Isabeli Fontana. Miranda Kerr. And so forth.

I find it interesting you find women who have very much similar androgynous/overly developed features like Charlotte Casiraghi to be beautiful. I would say Angelina has all the harsh and prominent features like Charlotte, as kids and teens they looked like they were blood sisters.

I agree thou, Charlotte is not the most beautiful woman in the world, but she is definitly one of the few if not only young female royal with the beauty, grace and 'it' factor worthy of media attention unlike Kate or Letizia.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
casiraghi, charlotte