Charlotte Casiraghi (October 2011 - September 2014) - Page 21 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-03-2012
V.I.P.

For some reason I feel bad for her that Caroline decided against her Princess designation...

16-03-2012
trendsetter

I'm sorry, what does that mean?^

16-03-2012
V.I.P.

^ My understanding is that Princess Caroline had the option of having her kids 'officially' titled as Princess/Prince but decided against it for their sake....So Charlotte is not technically a Princess, even though she could have been...

Last edited by Boomer; 16-03-2012 at 05:54 AM.

16-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne View Post
Thank you for posting. The process was very interesting, reminding me of the original Donald Trump series, without all the hysterics. Well done and good luck to all these talented designers.
I agree, it was cool to watch that. And I love the tone of her voice...it's so assured and smooth.

16-03-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
^ My understanding is that Princess Caroline had the option of having her kids 'officially' titled as Princess/Prince but decided against it for their sake....So Charlotte is not technically a Princess, even though she could have been...
Ok, thanks for the explanation.
I guess that it doesn't change anything. I mean, she is the princess, naturally.

16-03-2012
trendsetter

I have always find it interesting that both Caroline and Stephanie have opted not give their kids the style/titles. Especially given that Monaco only retains its country status if and only if there is Grimaldi ruler. (A treaty with France says that is the royal family produces no ruler, Monaco will be absolved as a country and became a part of France.) ANd per Rainier's will, the ruler has to be a legitimate child (so Albert's 2 children are automatically disqualified. However, if he and Charlene produce an heir, that child has a place in line on the throne.)

If Charlotte did have the Princess style though, we wouldn't get her out and about and being glamourous as often as we do because she would be loaded down with official duties and Monaco business. We probably see more of her because she's isn't a Princess. And in the few interviews I've read hers, she seems grateful Caroline took the Princess Anne route (Peter and Zara aren't royal either).

17-03-2012
backstage pass

^ Carolines children can rule Monaco, even though they don't hold titles yet. I think that treaty with France was changed some years before Reinier died, now it doesn't have to be an heir in direct line from the current reigning prince.
Those who have titles probably could give the Casiraghi some, I don't know the details, sorry. I also think that it was a very wise choice of Caroline, not to give her children the title, especially since she and her children seem to be very protective of their privacy. Her children sort of have the choice whether they want to be fully in the eye of the public, or not (apart from the small duties they've had ever since they were children, of course, like showing up at events). Now Charlotte seems to try to "public" way...

Last edited by Mrs.Smith; 17-03-2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling...

17-03-2012
windowshopping

They could have titles like Rainier sister did, but they wouldn't have been prince/princess I think.

Even if they had titles it doesn't mean that they would have an official role in the country at all.

Thanks to the new treaty between Monaco and France, Caroline can inherit and if she does her children will be automatically prince/princess of Monaco.

17-03-2012
tfs star

I think the issue of being titled prince/pricess is linked to the fact that they were born (the three f them) without being oficially recognized by the Vatican as legitimate children; because Caroline didn't have the catholic "divorce" from her first husband. I know she later got them recognized by the church... but it took her years...
I also think Caroline's kids can rule Monaco, because very often, especially in the past, the media were talking about Andrea as the succesor if Albert wasn't getting married and having kids...

btw, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolin...ess_of_Hanover
regarding succesion: rincess Caroline is heiress presumptive to the crown of Monaco because her brother Prince Albert II has no legitimate children. If Albert leaves no legitimate dynastic issue and should she outlive Albert, Caroline will one day become the second Sovereign Princess in Monaco's history. Her great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother Louise-Hippolyte Grimaldi held that title for a few months in 1731 with a regent as at the time women could not succeed the throne.
There is precedent for a Monégasque prince to adopt his own illegitimate child and thereby place that child at the head of the line of succession to the Monegasque throne, as was done for Caroline's grandmother, Princess Charlotte, Duchess of Valentinois.[10] However, due to the changes to the constitution of Monaco in 2002, this is no longer an option.[11]
Although Albert has publicly acknowledged two children born out of wedlock (Alexandre Coste, son of Togolese flight attendant Nicole Coste and Jazmin Grace Grimaldi, daughter of Tamara Rotolo of Palm Springs), unless Albert were to legitimize Alexandre by marrying his mother, Caroline cannot constitutionally be displaced in the succession order by either child.
Albert's lack of legitimate children prompted Prince Rainier to change the constitution so as to ensure there would be a successor to the throne, which strengthened the places of Caroline and her descendants in the line of succession. On 2 April 2002 Monaco passed Princely Law 1.249, which provides that if the Sovereign Prince assumes the throne and then dies without a legitimate direct heir, the throne will pass to his dynastic siblings and their descendants according to the rule of male-preference primogeniture.[11] The law was then ratified by France, as required by a 1918 Franco-Monégasque treaty, on 4 October 2005.[11] Before this change, the crown of Monaco could pass only to a direct descendant of the last reigning prince, excluding such collateral relations as siblings (e.g., Caroline), nephews, and nieces.

Just for the record, it's just my opinion... I don't really know anything about this.

17-03-2012
front row

A bit more from the Ever Manifesto' videos

18-03-2012
tfs star

I love seeing her in motions rather than in pictures. She can look very stiff, sometimes haughty and arrogant, but she becomes really shy and endearing in videos. The necklace with the gray sweater is killer, and I love the second outfit with the white blouse and the boots. So cute!

18-03-2012
trendsetter

Per Rainier's will, the heir to the throne has to be a legitimate child. But also per his will, the line to the throne is:

1. Albert
2. Caroline
3. Andrea
4. Pierre
5. Charlotte

But if Albert and Charlene have a child, then the succession looks like this:

1. Albert
2. Albert/Charlene's child(ren)
3. Caroline
etc etc etc

This Wiki article is fairly accurate in explaining it

So, yeah, it doesn't matter that Charlotte technically isn't a princess: she's still in line for the throne. (Same for goes for the Windsor's Zara and Peter: they are also in line for the throne, although waay down there--like 14th and 15th or some numbers) However, I think it is unlikely she will ever rule Monaco.

I really like her Gucci ads.

19-03-2012
Making a Mess

Mod Note: Any further off topic discussion will be deleted. Let's stay on topic.

19-03-2012
rising star

Watching her in these videos makes me aware, one more time, of how cinema loses by not having her as one of their shining stars. She is unbelievably suited for the film camera, and you can feel it even more in this documentary. Who wants to look at anybody else when she is on screen?

I also liked how at one point she looks out from under her eyes (just a quick glance) to see if the camera is focusing on her. It was so Princess Diana! I think she blushed...

24-03-2012
front row

Monaco Rose Ball 2012

gettyimages

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2014, casiraghi, charlotte, october, september