How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
The whole skinhead aesthetic feels a bit dated to me.
While that's true, you have to remember Chloe's background. She was a skinhead when she was younger, she did have a short bob, she did often wear similar pieces to what she wears now. I think she's embraced all of the movements she was apart of and the personas she took on throughout her life, and while I can't really get inspired by her style anymore; I adore that she's going through those same styles again. I feel like it's really unlike what others have done, or are doing currently. She's having fun, she's dressing for herself and not for others

23-09-2012
trendsetter

Such a good look at the Purple Mag party.

24-09-2012
fashion elite

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Chloe+S...on/D8c48o9fIdu

She looks cool at the Emmy's today!!!

24-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Actress Chloe Sevigny arrives at HBO's Annual Emmy Awards Post Awards Reception at the Pacific Design Center on September 23, 2012 in West Hollywood, California.

zimbio

Oh my god, she looks amazing. Head-to-toe. I never thought I'd say that again.

24-09-2012
fashion insider

even tho she can and has looked schleppy of late i actually love that about her. sure it's not high fashion which i know she resisted for a long time but Chloe still maintains that energy, enthusiasm and rebellious streak from her youth and wears her influences on her sleave. her love of alternative/indie music and culture wasn't just some phase; she lived it and still means a lot to her.

sometimes she just don't give a sh*t and i can totally relate. i've been a clothes horse, fashion junkie, 'indie' music devotee pretty much my whole life but i choose to not dress in a overtly glossy fashion with a capital F manner and while i am uncomfortable dressing in that stereotypical 'scene' manner, she brings a sincerity and passion which makes her stand apart from the sea of stylist puppets/ clueless Hollywood fashion starlets.

her choice of vintage and second-hand can come across as awkward and uneducated fashion-wise but again that's part of why i find her so endearing; she rocks the Vans as well as her Versace. i love Chloe's '' I never would've thought of that" fashion moments...tbh i find that last look terribly dull and predictable; bring on the questionable thrifted momma jeans

V.I.P.

My problem isn't the kind of look she has been going for lately. If it were, I don't think I'd be a fan of Chloe Sevigny's style! My problem is that it has been all over the place lately. And it's funny that you say that she's doing her own thing and that it's different because the way she is dressing has actually been very trendy lately. The whole 'ugly' hipster thing is quite popular where I live, at least.

24-09-2012
fashion insider

hmm perhaps due to our so-called pitiful (high) fashion standing i haven't noticed this ugly hipster trend here in Seattle but than again maybe i just think certain people pull off this 'ugly' hipster thing and i just view it as another amusing hipster variation ( which Chloe has mutated through long before now of course.) some of her sartorial choices might be viewed as 'unflattering' but i think that's a reflection of times; people favoring and being accustomed to current trends, silhouettes.

in our day and age even Anti-trend is the new trendy. The classic, timelessness of Sofia Coppola or somber minimalism of Phoebe Philo and their drones are prime examples. what isn't trendy is the question.

trendsetter

Chloe always used to be on my best style list, now she looks more like a man in a dress, and not in a cool way.

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Miu Miu: Front Row

getty

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Actress Chloe Sevigny at the Miu Miu Spring/Summer 2013 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on October 3, 2012 in Paris, France.

celebutopia

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Really dislike the shoes and the bag. But the rest isn't bad; she pulls it off.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
05-10-2012
trendsetter

I absolutely LOVE it. Its very cute and very Chloe.

05-10-2012
fashion icon

I love the contrasting prints!

girl who fell to earth

i actually kind of love her look at miu miu.. something about it reminds me of old school chloe...

10-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Chloe Sevigny attends the store opening party for 'Opening Ceremony' on October 10, 2012 in London, England.

getty

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chloŽ, sevigny