How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-11-2011
V.I.P.

Oh god, that "Terry" picture is gross in more ways than one: his ego and how awful it makes Chloe look. Ugh. Not liking the last candid either.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged

11-11-2011
backstage pass

I think I'm scarred for life
and it seems Terry is just as narcissistic as we thought and given the chance would even kiss himself if given the chance...

11-11-2011
V.I.P.

^i'm too scared to click start that still is disturbing enough

fashion icon

^^ It's only slightly creepy. It's actually kinda hilarious.
I'm just amused by how Chloe is so game to kiss him. I don't think I could kiss Terry if my life depended on it.

V.I.P.

call me snobbish, but you'd think she'd be above this kind of stuff that's so indulging to a creepster like Terry. :S
yuck, yuck, yuck.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 12-11-2011 at 06:27 AM.
12-11-2011
fashion insider

wtf?!!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
call me snobbish, but you'd think she'd be above this kind of stuff that's so indulging to a creepster like Terry. :S
yuck, yuck, yuck.
Why would ChloŽ be above "indulging" Terry? They have obviously been friends for years, and I would certainly not expect anything tamer from someone who has fellated a man onscreen and in close-up. I don't say this to slag her, it's just how it is. She has made an entire career out of appearing in controversial productions - why should she herself be any different?

I think some people are making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill about this. As you can see from the preview Terry posted on his website, ChloŽ dressing up as Terry was just a part of the photoshoot; in most of the other pictures, even the ones with the trademark Terry glasses, it just looks like ChloŽ dressed up as a man, and though Terry may have certainly enjoyed the personal angle in the shoot, from the perspective of the magazine the point seems more to have been to have ChloŽ channel certain male/gay stereotypes in a self-ironic way than to stroke Terry's ego for 10 pages.

Finally, the kiss seems to me just a "natural" consequence of the situation. Not any photographer would have someone dress up as themselves for a photoshoot, but anyone who would would not shy away from the thought of a freaky kiss shot if it came to them any more than Terry did here. I can understand that it may anger or frustrate people that Terry has managed to make a name for himself despite his many controversies, but as evidence of that fact this is just one among others.

That said, I still don't like him, personally.

12-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheekyCritic View Post
Why would ChloŽ be above "indulging" Terry? They have obviously been friends for years, and I would certainly not expect anything tamer from someone who has fellated a man onscreen and in close-up. I don't say this to slag her, it's just how it is. She has made an entire career out of appearing in controversial productions - why should she herself be any different?

I think some people are making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill about this. As you can see from the preview Terry posted on his website, ChloŽ dressing up as Terry was just a part of the photoshoot; in most of the other pictures, even the ones with the trademark Terry glasses, it just looks like ChloŽ dressed up as a man, and though Terry may have certainly enjoyed the personal angle in the shoot, from the perspective of the magazine the point seems more to have been to have ChloŽ channel certain male/gay stereotypes in a self-ironic way than to stroke Terry's ego for 10 pages.

Finally, the kiss seems to me just a "natural" consequence of the situation. Not any photographer would have someone dress up as themselves for a photoshoot, but anyone who would would not shy away from the thought of a freaky kiss shot if it came to them any more than Terry did here. I can understand that it may anger or frustrate people that Terry has managed to make a name for himself despite his many controversies, but as evidence of that fact this is just one among others.

That said, I still don't like him, personally.
why would she herself be any different as opposed to her job choices? i dunno, i thought she'd be just from a premise that "business is business and personal life is something else" (tbh, i totally forgot she's Terry's friend for awhile now, so yeah, she obv doesn't have issues with his work) .

at this point, i find it really hard that anything Terry does isn't, to an extend, a way of indulging his own ego cus i do think there might've been other ways, in this specific shoot, to make a point about stereotypes without using Terry's persona. all i got from this while keeping in mind that maybe i'm just way to shallow/only touching the surface is that Terry's that into himself that he'd even be gay if that meant that his soul mate (aka his clone) is only "available" in a form of a man (with the exception of Tom Ford one, but that was Brokeback vol.2 recreated and for Vogue).

i'm with ya (obviously) when it comes to not liking this guy.

V.I.P.

fashion elite

Chloe and Terry are old friends - this is a light hearted piss take, you guys should lighten up!!!

And if you watch the video you will see that he is actually really nervous about kissing her, Chloe was cool as a cucumber....

13-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLover View Post
Chloe and Terry are old friends - this is a light hearted piss take, you guys should lighten up!!!

And if you watch the video you will see that he is actually really nervous about kissing her, Chloe was cool as a cucumber....
agree!

fashion icon

Quote:
ChloŽ Sevigny Opens Up About Her Line for Opening Ceremony

BULLETT: How old were you when you realized you were different from your peers?
CHLOň SEVIGNY: Maybe 2nd or 3rd grade? I grew up in a really wealthy community and even the young girls would flaunt their wealth and ostracize girls who didnít come from money. There was this one girl in particular who was the queen bee at school, and she would have the other girls tie her shoes. Me and a few other girls would go up against her.
Where did you fit into the hierarchy?
My parents were a little bit like outsiders, so I became friends with outsiders too: the daughters or sons of alcoholics and kids from divorced families, which then bred rebellion. From a very young age, I knew that I wouldnít run with the preppy pack. I knew that there was something different in store for me.
What were you good at when you were younger?
I was really exceptional at entertaining myself for hours on end. My mother never had to give me a drawing book or crayons. She could just, like, leave me alone for hours and hours and I would entertain myself by playing imaginary games with my dolls, or just sitting in the backyard for five hours at a time. Nobody had to say anything to me. I didnít need to be around anybody.
Were you terrible at anything?
Other than mathematics? I sometimes think thatís why Iím an actor, because I canít add and I canít spell. [Laughs.] As a kid, I was never that great at sports. I played softball, but I really wasnít into group activities, especially in high school. I never did anything extracurricular. I guess I was more of a loner.
What was the toughest part about being a kid?
I was really unhappy with the town I lived in. I felt really dissatisfied, like I wasnít being exposed to the outer world, and I was really mean to my parents because of that. I think I lacked confidence, which made growing up really hard. I didnít like the way I looked, and that was so hard.
How many times did you fall in love as a teenager?
I think I was in love once as a teenager. My first true love was [photographer] Mischa Richter, with whom Iím still close. I was very much in love with him. I was a freshman and he was a senior. We went out for a few years until he went to college in California, which was too hard to maintain. He was my first true love, and my only love in high school.
What was so special about him?
He was a total rebel, a skater, and a punk kid. He had this beautiful profile and this curly, dark hair. He looked different than me, really exotic. At first I thought he was Russian. He also had a great personality and was really nice to his friends. But he had a dark streak. He was really sensitive to me and that was something Iíd never experienced with a boy. Boys didnít really like me in junior high school, or even in high school, but he did.
What was your most prized possession in elementary school?
When I was really young, I had this doll that had belonged to my grandmother. She only had one legóthe doll, I meanóand she was my favorite thing. I dragged her everywhere with me. It was really creepy. My mom and I eventually brought her to a doll hospital, to get her a second leg, but after they fixed her I lost interest.
What about in high school?
I had a Volkswagen bus that I bought with my own money in Vermont, and I was really into it. It was perfect for weekend getaways. I was driving down the New Jersey Turnpike to a Grateful Dead show one weekend, and I blew a piston rod and the Volkswagen bus was killed forever. I called homeóreal high, Iím sureóand my dad had to come down and pick us up. It was awful. I think I mightíve even been on acid. It was that kind of trip.
Oh, sh*t! [Laughter.] What about now?
I donít know if I have a favorite possession now. I mean, I like my apartment, but I donít know if that counts. I have a bejeweled Estťe Lauder compactóthis is so embarrassingó that I got in Europe, because I get paranoid and have to check myself a lot. It sounds so egocentric, but I canít exude confidence if Iím worried that thereís something on my face. I have to be able to check my nose and powder my face, or the other way around.
If you had to wear one piece of clothing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Iíve always fantasized about finding a í70s Yves Saint Laurent jumpsuit or a big, comfy dress, and wearing it for the rest of my days.
What is your most embarrassing guilty pleasure?
God, I donít really have one. I see all the movies, but I donít think thatís really a guilty pleasureóthatís just supporting my industry. I was a huge American Idol fanatic for a while when I had a TV. I love reality TV.
What about Jersey Shore?
I think itís really depressing that people are propping these people up as celebrities. The way they behave is embarrassing, and I think itís kind of diminishing our culture. Most reality TV people behave like pigs, and itís unfortunate that they get put on pedestals for doing so.
If you saw Snooki wearing something from your collection, would you approach her?
I read somewhere that Abercrombie & Fitch offered to pay The Situation not to wear their clothesóbut who am I to say who should be wearing mine? I do remember someone saying that...whatís Paris Hiltonís sister called? Isnít it Nicky or something? Anyway, she apparently talked to someone about my first collection, and was like, ĎI donít get it.í I was like, Good! Iím glad she doesnít get it. Itís not for her. Besides, whatís there to get with clothes? So if Snooki wants to wear my clothes, go for it. I think sheíd look a lot better in them.
She needs someone to fix her up.
Sheís probably just so used to certain things, you know. I have to admit, I do find that JWoWW sexy in a really weird way. Itís like that sexy, dirty kind of girlónot dirty, but like a hot mess. Weíve all gotten too drunk and acted crazy at parties, but I donít maintain that and Iím kind of fascinated by those girls who do.
If you could do anything without getting caught, what would it be?
You know, I always kind of adhere to my whims. If I wanted to do something, I donít see why I wouldnít. When I first moved to New York I saw a lot of crazy stuff and I went to a lot of crazy places, and I feel like thereís not much I didnít get to experience. I think itís really important to experiment, especially when youíre young, and I think a lot of what annoys me about the whole tabloid culture is that people are now so afraid of looking stupid.
What convinced you to create your own fashion line?
Iím pretty sure everybody knows that I make it all just so I can wear it!
Why is Opening Ceremony, in your opinion, the right partner for you?
Humberto Leon and Carol Lim are such good people and they run such a good company, and I believe in them. Theyíre my peers and theyíre living the American dream, and I want to be there to support them.
What movie could this collection be designed for?
Oh, god. Pump Up the Volume? [Laughs.] I donít know, maybe Christiane F.? It would have to be a rebellious film. Gleaming the Cube, that terrible skating film, could be a good fit.
Who are you dying to dress?
It would for sure be one of the Fanning girls. I donít think Iíd faint, but I would get excited.
What feeling best describes your new collection?
When I was backstage with the models before the show, I remember saying to them, ďI want you to go out there with the attitude of someone who hasnít seen her boyfriend in a while, and who intends to show up at his doorstep and knock his socks off.Ē
bulletmedia.com

V.I.P.

V.I.P.

"I think itís really depressing that people are propping these people up as celebrities. The way they behave is embarrassing, and I think itís kind of diminishing our culture. Most reality TV people behave like pigs, and itís unfortunate that they get put on pedestals for doing so."

V.I.P.

saywho
from 2007

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chloŽ, sevigny