How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-08-2014
V.I.P.

Chris Pratt
Now that he is the star of Guardians of the Galaxy, I think he deserves his own thread.

'Guardians of the Galaxy' red carpet premiere.

'Guardians of the Galaxy' Photo Call in London

'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening in NYC

'Guardians of the Galaxy' Premieres in Hollywood

zimbio

Quote:
Chris Pratt looks so good in a suit on the cover of Esquire magazine’s September 2014 issue, on newsstands August 12.

Here’s what the 35-year-old Guardians of the Galaxy actor had to share with the mag:

On his Guardians audition: “When Guardians of the Galaxy was pitched to me, I said,’I don’t think so.’ I just didn’t picture myself getting the role. I didn’t want to go and embarrass myself like I did when I auditioned for G.I. Joe a couple of years previously. I went in there, and halfway through I saw the director’s eyes just glaze over. It made sense—I was a little heavy and out of shape. I was not gonna play someone from G.I. Joe. I did not look like a G.I. Joe action figure come to life.”

On coming up with jokes: “I’ve always pretended to improv. Sneaking in a joke like I’ve stumbled on it, coming up with good comebacks for things that haven’t even happened. My whole life I’ve done that.”

FYI: Chris is wearing a Burberry London suit.

Source: Just Jared

07-08-2014
boop

Love him, he's absolutely adorable and has been dressing quite nicely during his Marvel press tour. Happy he has a thread now

20-08-2014
V.I.P.

Chris Pratt leaves a Children’s Hospital after visiting with some sick kids on Wednesday (August 20) in Los Angeles.

just jared

trendsetter

Aghh I have always had the biggest crush on him, and then he went and got all ripped and now it's even worse! So glad he's blowing up, he's so talented.

04-09-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Chris Pratt throws out the ceremonial first pitch before the Chicago Cubs baseball game on Wednesday (September 3) in Chicago, Ill.

The 35-year-old Guardians of the Galaxy actor also sang “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” for the crowd during the seventh inning stretch and we thankfully have video of the moment!
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPw4C1xAkRU

just jared

V.I.P.

Esquire Thailand September 2014: Chris Pratt by Nigel Parry

Source:facebook.com/esquirethailand

18-11-2014
V.I.P.

GQ Men (and women) of the year USA December covers 2014

gq.com

18-11-2014
When in doubt, wear red.

He's perfect

V.I.P.

Actor Chris Pratt attends the 2014 GQ Men Of The Year party at Chateau Marmont on December 4, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.

zimbio

V.I.P.

March of Dimes’ Celebration of Babies: A Hollywood Luncheon held at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel on Friday (December 5) in Beverly Hills, Calif.

just jared

V.I.P.

The Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
Everyone wants to win big, but no one wants to gamble," says Chris Pratt, star of Guardians of the Galaxy, the unlikely highest-grossing movie of the year. That sounds like 20/20 hindsight about what initially was predicted among industry insiders to be "Marvel's first bomb." Of course, a different type of explosion occurred when Guardians hit theaters Aug. 1 and brought in $771.8 million worldwide at the box office, launching a new franchise for the now-even-more-powerful Marvel brand. Not to mention that Guardians blasted Pratt -- until then best known as a jokester on NBC's Parks and Recreation -- into the stratosphere of Hollywood's A-list.

"Every rule said, 'You don't make a movie with a talking tree,' 'You don't spend this much money on a raccoon with a gun,' " says Pratt, 35. "For me, I was like, 'Oh, so this movie is going to bomb. Done. This is the end of my career.' " Pratt points to director and co-writer James Gunn (Nicole Perlman also worked on the script) as the true risk-taker for spending two years on nothing but this movie. "I actually personally felt that people needed the color," explains Gunn, 44, who previously directed low-budget indies such as Super and Slither. "They needed the humor and the fun -- they just didn't know it yet. But there were those nights at 3 a.m. when I would wake up and be like, 'Oh my God, what am I doing? If this goes wrong, my life is screwed. I'll be a pariah.' "

With the opposite occurring, Gunn has signed on for the sequel, slated for release in 2017. Meanwhile, Pratt has been very choosy with his next move, turning down high-profile offers and only recently joining Denzel Washington on the remake of The Magnificent Seven. Pratt is quick to point out that his personal life -- with his wife, actress Anna Faris, and their 2-year-old son, Jack -- hasn't changed, and he prefers it that way: "I don't want my kid to be 10, and I've done 20 movies. Some people can do that, but I'm going to do only the best stuff or nothing."

His Hollywood life, on the other hand? "Changed completely. I take meetings with people, and I'm like, 'Oh yeah, you want to have a meeting with me? All right, we'll sit down.' "

hollywoodreporter.com

11-01-2015
V.I.P.

2015 Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday (January 11) in Beverly Hills, Calif.

just jared

backstage pass

Cute couple

31-01-2015
V.I.P.

Actor Chris Pratt attends the 65th Annual ACE Eddie Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 30, 2015 in Beverly Hills, California.

zimbio

V.I.P.

Actor Chris Pratt attends the premiere of Paramount Pictures' "Hot Tub Time Machine 2" at Regency Village Theatre on February 18, 2015 in Westwood, California.

zimbio

Tags
chris, pratt