Clémence Poésy - Page 18 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
01-10-2013
i'm almost ready..

^you make a good point. perhaps she hasn't lost her 'touch'. still, i struggle to understand what caused the disconnect between her personal style on the streets and at events... it's strange to see someone have such a well defined, effortless sense of style and then to almost abandon it completely at professional events. maybe she was feeling pressure to 'dress up'. I blame Hollywood...

i like the outfit at Acne.. it's definitely a throw back to her older, more casual style. hope to see more of that!

02-10-2013
fashion icon

I don't see what's "American" about her current style. The problem with her style is she's apparently indebted to Chanel and wears whatever they send her whether it's attractive or not.

02-10-2013
V.I.P.

Her style has become a lot more polished and her heels higher, which I don't like. I think thats what makes it look very americanized. The hair and make-up doesn't help either. When you think of je ne sais qoi, you don't want the polished/high maintenance look.

I've found some examples of her before and after America looks. I actually didin't like the look at Acne. The proportions were all wrong. The hat didn't help.

Before

Post America

Dailymail/clemence-poesy.org/celebutopia/vogue.ru/instyle

Last edited by eizhowa; 02-10-2013 at 07:13 AM.

02-10-2013
V.I.P.

In my opinion, it has nothing to do with her being Americanized. There was a period when she was on Gossip Girl where her style did get really generic, but I think lately she has reverted back to her laidback style. The problem is the current trends. Some of my old favourites like Michelle Williams and Kirsten Dunst aren't as chic as they used to be, and I blame the current crop of the trends. I abhor floppy hats. The third look from the post-America section is a classic Clemence look, in my opinion.

02-10-2013
front row

or has anyone thought of her transition in style has anything to do with age, or just in general getting more mature? when you are getting older, you are tend to get more polished, and less carefree, in both attitude and style. i'm not saying it's a good thing or bad thing. maybe it's just a natural progression
in the first set of "before", she obviously looks younger and has that youthful spirit about her and in the second set "after", of course she's still youthful but there's that extra polish and refinement, which comes naturally with maturity. in the first one she looks unbrushed, more carefree and in the second she looks more composed. to me it actually seems like a perfect illustration of how she has grown as a person, style wise.
however, i don't like anyone who never evolve in style, who hangs on too much to certain era and never move on.

Last edited by greengrassia; 02-10-2013 at 08:38 AM.

02-10-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrassia View Post
or has anyone thought of her transition in style has anything to do with age, or just in general getting more mature? when you are getting older, you are tend to get more polished, and less carefree, in both attitude and style. i'm not saying it's a good thing or bad thing. maybe it's just a natural progression
in the first set of "before", she obviously looks younger and has that youthful spirit about her and in the second set "after", of course she's still youthful but there's that extra polish and refinement, which comes naturally with maturity. in the first one she looks unbrushed, more carefree and in the second she looks more composed. to me it actually seems like a perfect illustration of how she has grown as a person, style wise.
however, i don't like anyone who never evolve in style, who hangs on too much to certain era and never move on.
+1

This reminds me of Blake Lively who said she was quite surprised people were really wondering if her husband had any influence in her change of style. I am glad she said that of course she was going to change & evolve and of course she would not dress the same at 21 vs 25.

Natalie Portman said something of that effect after becoming a mother: she wanted to be a bit more polished/mature/grown up in her appearance since becoming a mother (albeit she is not doing so well from my point of view )

This happens to women all over the world. I don't think there is anything wrong with it or that it means someone lost a bit of oneself (not that someone said this here!)

V.I.P.

What, so just because you get older you need to wear more make-up, style your hair more and wear taller, shiny boots? She didn't just graduate college and get a bank job, become a mom, and then change her style. She was an actress before, she is an actress now. I get that people change, fashion change, but it doesn't mean I have to like the effect of it... Her style has lost something. Being polished and being perfect aren't neccesarily the same thing. She isn't as high on the best drsessed lists any more, so I think it is safe to assume this isn't just my opinion...

I think maybe Loladonna has a point. In the begining, she probably had more freedom to play around. Now, she is always the embassador for something. Chanel, G-star or whatever. She is the face of that brands style, which probably suppresses her own style. Shame, because that is what got her the job in the first place...

Last edited by eizhowa; 02-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.

02-10-2013
backstage pass

^Her profession not changing has absolutely nothing to do with it. She is growing, and aging, and it only makes sense that her style would change with her. She's thirty years old now, it makes perfect sense to me that her clothes are beginning to reflect her maturity.

02-10-2013
V.I.P.

She's also more known for her style now, there's more pressure to impress people. I'm not saying she's someone who would be overly concerned with that, she certainly hasn't strayed far from her early looks, but I'm sure she's tried to jazz it up a little.

The same thing happened with Alexa Chung, her style was a lot more basic in the early days. I think Clemence has done a better job at at avoiding being overly driven by trends than Alexa has.

The only person I think you can blame America for changing their personal style is Diane Kruger

03-10-2013
rising star

I have thought about it and I think that yes, her style has obviously evolved because of age and mainly because she is a Chanel embasaddor, and I sometimes think that she wears Chanel just because its Chanel. BUt sometimes she does wears it very well. As I said before, for me she is polished/mature/americanized at events (where she has to make an impression) and laidback in her day to day life, in that aspect she hasn't change.

And I agree that she has handled the "style icon" title quite well, not like others (sidenote: lets not talk about alexa chung I have conflicts with her as a style icon)

Anyway, in Clémence work related news:
"The tunnel" will premiere October 18 at 21:00 UK @ Sky Atlantic.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
She's also more known for her style now, there's more pressure to impress people. I'm not saying she's someone who would be overly concerned with that, she certainly hasn't strayed far from her early looks, but I'm sure she's tried to jazz it up a little.

The same thing happened with Alexa Chung, her style was a lot more basic in the early days. I think Clemence has done a better job at at avoiding being overly driven by trends than Alexa has.

The only person I think you can blame America for changing their personal style is Diane Kruger
Indeed.

Also, is there any particular reason we're comparing earlier Clemence to a "post-America" version? She did "Gossip Girl" and 127 Hours but she's worked more in the UK than she has the US. (Unless I'm missing a film or something.) Is it possible this shift in her style is more attributable to the fact that she's just become the subject of more attention?

03-10-2013
rising star

^^^^
I think we just like to divide the eras: pre-gossip girl & post-gossip girl. maybe for easiness.

Yes, I think her style has changed at events because she is the subject of more attention.

V.I.P.

Clemence-Poesys tumblr
Clémence Poésy
Vanidades October 2013
Ph. by Maria Karas

08-10-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
The Tunnel photocall at MIPCOM on October 7, 2013 in Cannes, France.

public.fr

09-10-2013
tfs star

Looking lovely

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clémence, clémence, poésy, poésy