Clémence Poésy (November 2010 - May 2012) - Page 30 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-05-2011
V.I.P.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get what's so great about the last outfit.

Ugly shoes, ordinary looking jeans, a plain top, a fairly plain if well cut blazer. I'm sure it's all great quality and incredibly expensive, but come on - it's neatly put together, but nothing special.

13-05-2011
V.I.P.

she looks so great in all of her recent outfits. even at the Calvin Klein event, where most people look dreadfully boring, she shines through in minimalist looks

13-05-2011
fashion insider

The blazer look is gorgeous except from her hair and the sandals are kinda ugly.

13-05-2011
fashion insider

clemence-poesy

13-05-2011
fashion insider

http://blog.madame.lefigaro.fr/festi...a-jy-etais.php

She's in the video for a bit!

13-05-2011
fashion insider

purple DIARY — CALVIN KLEIN PRIVATE COCKTAIL at the Hotel Martinez, Cannes

purple diary

style

14-05-2011
tfs star

So many great looks from her lately She almost never fails.

14-05-2011
V.I.P.

Ck dress is so boring! Please Clemence, go back to Chanel!

14-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Actress Clemence Poesy attends the 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' premiere at the Palais des Festivals during the 64th Cannes Film Festival on May 14, 2011 in Cannes, France.

Quote:
French actress Clemence Poesy poses during a photo session at the 64th Cannes Film Festival on May 13, 2011 in Cannes.

getty, daylife

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 14-05-2011 at 12:34 PM.

14-05-2011
trendsetter

All her looks at Cannes are really great, I love them all.

14-05-2011
backstage pass

She looks lovely,I like the second photo of the photo session.

14-05-2011
fashion insider

That pale grey blue is an amazing color on her!

14-05-2011
fashion insider

French actress Clemence Poesy poised for stardom
Quote:
CANNES, France (Hollywood Reporter) - From "Gossip Girl" on the Upper East Side to Peasant girl from Eastern France, French actress Clemence Poesy has crossed genres, languages and territories in her career.

Now, 19-year-old actress is at the Festival de Cannes with a divine role as Joan of Arc in Philippe Ramos' Director's Fortnight title "The Silence of Joan."

The film takes place in 1430 and follows the maid of Orleans during the last year of her life as she is captured and imprisoned, miraculously survives a fall from a tower and deals with the many men surrounding her, played by an all-star male Gallic cast including Thierry Fremont, Mathieu Amalric, Liam Cunningham and Jean-Francois Stevenin.

So did Poesy relate to the heroine known for hearing voices from God and leading the French army to victory during the 100 years war?

"I can't really relate to a young prophetess who was leading armies at a time where women weren't allowed to have any kind of social importance," she said. "While we were shooting, I didn't relate to Joan of Arc personally as much as I related to the Joan we were trying to portray and whose story we were telling. It was a long process that I approached with different references and different crafts."

For the film's director, Ramos, Poesy was an obvious choice for the role.

"I was looking for someone with a divine presence and Clemence had the spark," Ramos said. "Clemence has a sense of mystery about her. She has a very particular beauty that's childlike and sensual at the same time — she's full of contrasts."

Poesy's film choices also diverge. "I like being between French films and international projects — it feels like an amazing opportunity to always keep learning and discovering and it also gives me a lot of freedom. I'd love for things to keep going this way. Every project is different, every director is different. It changes all the time which is what's so great about it."

After Joan, Poesy will leave her native tongue to explore more English language roles including Rupert Goold's upcoming adaptation of Richard II opposite Ben Winshaw that starts shooting this month.

With the offers piling in, Poesy has managed to find a balance between Hollywood blockbusters and French auteur cinema like The Silence of Joan. "I just go with what feels right at the time and very often it's in reaction with what I've just done," she said. "I tend to want to act in English after a French film, make a small film after a big one, something fun after something dark. I like experimenting and I try to do things that are different from one another," she explained.

As her English-language roles multiply, the French accented actress may just be poised to rival Hollywood's leading ladies.

"I have a lot of respect and admiration for someone like Cate Blanchett, find Emma Thompson wonderful, Meryl Streep inspiring, Juliette Binoche full of light and Catherine Deneuve incredible," she said.

Based on the way her career is going, Poesy, whose last name means "poetry" in French, may just join the elegant actresses in the international starlette circle.

Ramos said: "She's a beautiful young actress, but not archetypal — it's her personality and talent combined with her unique beauty that sets her apart."

And, did we mention, she sings too?

"Oh it's a small thing really," the actress says of her collaboration on a duet with Miles Kane that will be on his first solo album. "I like the song, I loved recording it and discovering a new way to tell stories."

Poesy will also be saying goodbye to Hogwarts as her role in the "Harry Potter" franchise comes to an end this year.

"It's always moving to see a story come to an end, but I always thought the strength of "Harry Potter" was in the fact that people knew from the start that it would end after seven books/films, so it's a little bit like life — we appreciate it because we know it's not there forever," she said. "I think it's a good thing that it's finishing while it's still magical."

While Poesy will be radiating divine light in Joan, the actress opts to stay out of the spotlight in her home country and abroad.

"Frankly, I think most of all, no one really cares about my private life. I just try to keep the two separated, always keeping in mind that there are things, precious things, that can just be mine and I don't have to share with anyone else but the people I love."
reuters

Birdsong calls out to Clemence Poesy and Eddie Redmayne
Quote:
The heartbreaking story of clandestine romance and trench warfare captured in the best-selling novel Birdsong will go before the cameras, with Eddie Redmayne and Clemence Poesy as the passionate but illicit lovers.

The two actors, both fast-rising stars, will lead the three-part television production, which will begin filming on locations in Hungary in the middle of next month.

Birdsong, written by Sebastian Faulks and published to much acclaim in 1993, begins in pre-World War I northern France as a love story between young Englishman Stephen Wraysford, who works in Amiens, and Isabelle Azaire, the much younger, unhappy second wife of a bullying textile factory owner.

Faulks later hurls us into the hell of Flanders in 1916 and we meet Stephen — who by this time is a soldier on the Western Front — again.

The other important character here is Jack Firebrace (a part as yet uncast) — a tunneller who seems to represent the bravery of the ordinary Englishman.

The book sold more than three million copies in the UK, and millions more around the globe. Tim Bevan at Working Title snapped up the rights.

But despite calling on the talents of directors such as Joe Wright, Sam Mendes and Peter Weir, he couldn’t get it made for the big screen.

Now, award-winning director Philip Martin — he shot Prime Suspect, Hawking and Wallander — will direct Birdsong as a major series for BBC TV and Working Title Television, using a screenplay penned by Abi Morgan.

Casting Redmayne is a coup. Everyone wants him for movies, TV and the stage.
He won Olivier and Tony awards for his performance in the Donmar Theatre play Red, and stars with Michelle Williams and Kenneth Branagh in the much-anticipated film My Week With Marilyn.

In December, he will play Richard II in Michael Grandage’s final play as the Donmar’s artistic director.

Clemence is well known to fans of the Harry Potter pictures, in which she plays Fleur Delacour.

Interestingly, she will also be appearing in a production of Richard II — however she’ll be playing opposite Ben Whishaw in a version to be directed by Rupert Goold for the BBC and Neal Street Productions.
dailymail

14-05-2011
V.I.P.

daylife

I really love the gown, but I wish she had worn less clunky heels.

14-05-2011
V.I.P.

To be honest, I don't like the dress at the PC premiere....
maybe because of the color and the waist part.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, clémence, november, poésy