How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-03-2010
fashion icon

Moderator's Note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic! Gossip should be posted in Rumour Has It.
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
Thank you!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(celebrity-gossip.net)

Going out to dinner

Last edited by kimair; 31-03-2010 at 10:18 PM.

29-03-2010
fashion insider

He looks really good. I'm not sure I like the cardigan but still, beautiful man.

V.I.P.

I think Cristiano is the most popular player of RM, but he's not the leader of a clan and not the main star of RM that's a huge difference!

In the end it's about the game, not the popularity. Cristiano is like CharmingNicky says still to Premier League and in order to be the star player he must find his way to play La Liga-style. When he does that he should be irreplaceable for RM, but still like colourmepretty says he is not the only star player and with RM he has to share his 'star-status' with a lot of other players. In a few months he will be irreplaceable for RM, but the leader? No. Main star? No.. simply cause there are too many other starplayers..

30-03-2010
fashion insider

True. I honestly can't see him being the leader of RM. Players like Iker and Sergio (who've been there for the longest among the young players) take that position in my mind. Actually, I don't think Cristiano has all it takes to be a leader yet. He still needs to mature and calm himself in order to take charge of an entire team. Hopefully, he can do that with Portugal this summer.

V.I.P.

^ Totally true!

Right now the 3 official leaders of RM are

1. Raul
2. Guti
3. Iker

Those aren't just names when it comes to RM. I also think Cristiano hasn't got what it takes yet and it may take years before he may be the leader of RM.

They recently did a poll in a spanish magazine who is the star player of RM and guess what? Cristiano wasn't even in the top 3. (he was#4)

31-03-2010
V.I.P.

I find it hard to believe Cristiano would ever be the one and only leader of RM. Fans always love the Spanish players above all. He won't be captain like ever, there are always these players like Raul, Iker, Guti, Ramos (+Salgado) that go before him.
Some fans might be having hard time identifying to Cristiano since he is such a big star worldwide. His purchase was higly discussed and debated among fans. So Cristiano becoming a fans favourite is quite unlikely

31-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmingNicky View Post
He won't be captain like ever, there are always these players like Raul, Iker, Guti, Ramos (+Salgado) that go before him.
Some fans might be having hard time identifying to Cristiano since he is such a big star worldwide.
Couldn't say it better!!

Anyway next game is this sunday against Racing de Satander and then it's Barcaaaa!! I'm so excited for the match against Barcelona.. hopefully Cristiano will score a lot of goals!

31-03-2010
fashion insider

But the thing is Cristiano's never been a fan favorite. Even at United, there were ones that hated him and the ones who thought he was brilliant. I think he will grow into being one of those players who are true geniuses of the game but struggle with being one of the fan favorites, you know? Hopefully overtime, he can control this passion(?) that he has during games that show him as being petulant or even arrogant. I think truely, that's what he needs to change in order for fans to accept him as a leader.

fashion icon

I wish I could join in on the Football discussing, but I know very little about the sport and I never get to watch it..:p

V.I.P.

I think there's a difference when it comes to fan favorites. Like I said when it comes to football-fans Cristiano isn't one of the leaders or has most fans, but outside the football-world Cristiano is the most famous athlete..with a lot of fans..
only this doesn't affect his game or position at a club I think many ppl confuse those 2.

31-03-2010
fashion insider

I meant he doesn't have many fans within the Real Madrid fans in general. For example, even life long Real Madrid fans have a hard time accepting him sometimes because of his attitude on the pitch.

Anyways, here's some pictures from Sergio's birthday lunch:

cr; hala_madrid

fashion insider

A video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaK1TTVztjk

Much of the RM squad is fashionable. But Pepe needs a little help....

V.I.P.

Thanks for the vid!

01-04-2010
V.I.P.

The Portuguese star grabbed World attention when he slipped out an “innocent” mouth-guard after failing to direct properly a free-kick against Atletico de Madrid in last Sundays game. One wouldn’t give this much more attention had not the press began to “coincidently” dedicate space to the news that the “mouth guard” is a high tech performance booster. Yes, you heard it, a “secret weapon” that gives Ronaldo the edge over his opponents. The story is that this particular style mouth guard is personally made & moulded to protect Ronaldo´s pearl white teeth, & more importantly, settle his jaw in such a manner that when he exerts physical force he maximizes his jaw-bone strength optimally through his body. But there is more, the mouth-guard works to align the jaw-bone, head, and brain with the thorax to distribute the energy evenly through the body’s muscles...Woo!!

The “product” has been on the market for about a year & its being used in Japan, the United States & even in Italy with some Milan players. Even the great golfer Tiger Woods has used the mouth guard, which leads me to suspect if he was protecting his teeth from his own golf club swings.

There is no doubt in my mind that thousands of current & young upcoming Football (Soccer) players will be making enquiries on the “mouth-guard” with their local dentist, sports outlet & on the internet to inform themselves & possibly pay the 100€ that it costs. This “secret weapon” could very well expand & go “viral” across the globe to become a regular piece in any Football player’s (or other Sports) uniform that could land the inventors millions of dollars in profit.

boxofficefootball

Last edited by HighMaintenance; 01-04-2010 at 07:26 AM.
01-04-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhirnamy137 View Post

(celebrity-gossip.net)

Going out to dinner
He was having dinner with his mom and sister Katia

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cristiano, ronaldo