How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-10-2010
V.I.P.

I'm concerned on how her style is developing .. it's either too Jennifer Aniston at events or just plain awkward in candids (see the poncho + red bag + heels combo at the airport). I said I hated siblings comparisons but perhaps she could take advice from her little sister (or her sister's stylist).. before the influence goes the other way.

As a contradiction to this, she always struck me as very nerdy and just overly concerned on keeping the attention centered on her acting skills (I know she was a kid but that still came through in her personality on interviews) so I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of concern on fashion is on purpose and she's aware that the moment you start getting featured in publications for your outfits only, everything else gets a little overshadowed.

She's only 16 and still experimenting anyway.. I hope she eventually finds her comfort zone in fashion and manages to be meticulous with clothes while still keep the attention focused on her career like many other young talented actresses do.

08-10-2010
V.I.P.

im seriously in love with the leopard shoes at the airport, they look great with those pants too.

09-10-2010
front row

I'm glad we get new photos of her

09-10-2010
V.I.P.

she's trying to be more mature(adult) day by day! i think the leopard shoes are so cute, and nothing problem with her..

09-10-2010
V.I.P.

hmm I really like her airport outfit, probably a bit OTT for traveling but I like it

09-10-2010
tfs star

That airport outfit is way too mature for her. She's such a young girl to be dressing like that.

09-10-2010
scenester

Dakota Fanning at the Miu Miu show at Paris Fashion Week. Photo: Getty

10-10-2010
fashion insider

dont like the pink dress on her, maybe in a different color.

10-10-2010
V.I.P.

^It's a very pepto bismol pink.
And the pink cardigan just puts it over the top.
Plus, I think the dress was made for someone older with more curves.

And the shoes are wrong and so is the hair.
The whole look was just wrong.

21-10-2010
V.I.P.

Heitor Dhalia to Direct Dakota Fanning in Adaptation 'If I Stay'

Quote:
Most know who Dakota Fanning is, but I'm not sure too many know who Heitor Dhalia is, even though you should. Dhalia is a talented Brazilian filmmaker who directed one of my favorite movies of the last few years, Adrift with Vincent Cassel (watch a trailer), that never got released, not even on DVD. A shame, but apparently someone in Hollywood saw it, because Dhalia has been hired for another new mainstream movie. Summit has set Dhalia to direct (via Variety) and is in talks with Dakota Fanning for an adaptation of Gayle Forman's young adult novel If I Stay, that sounds kind of like The Lovely Bones meets Charlie St. Cloud.

If I Stay is about a young musician named Mia (Fanning) who, while out driving with her family, is suddenly separated from her body and forced to watch the aftermath of the accident that kills her parents and gravely injures her and brother. The book shifts perspectives, then following Mia as she reminisces about significant events and people in her life while her body lies in a coma. The feature adaptation was originally going to be directed by Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight), but Dhalia has taken over. Shauna Cross (Whip It) adapted the script from Gayle Forman's novel. This has been a high priority project for Summit for over a year, and now with Fanning involved, it looks like they might've found the right formula to finally get this off the ground.

I know not that many people can speak in support of Heitor Dhalia yet, but trust me, this is one filmmaker to definitely keep an eye on. Although this project sounds like it won't necessarily help him get a lot of geek cred, I'm sure he'll at least be able to show Hollywood what he is capable of in terms of his visual style and emotional character development. And if anything, maybe we'll get a better life/death tale than The Lovely Bones, which turned out pretty bad. Plus, it'll be good to see Fanning stretch her acting chops again, since she really hasn't been in too much recently. I'm definitely going to be following this project as it develops.
firstshowing

21-10-2010
front row

it sounds great i cant wait

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

In LA - October 30th

twilightsagafan

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
Heels to the airport? Is she crazy? lol.

But I like the leopard heels, they just don't fit with the casual look.
What's wrong with heels at the airport?

The pink dress is waay too much. it's like she's 6 again and want everything pink

01-11-2010
V.I.P.

^the outfit rocks again! love the rayban glasses!

04-11-2010
V.I.P.

New/old Sundance pic

kstewartfans

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, april, dakota, fanning, march