How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-05-2011
trendsetter

He looks so washed up.

11-05-2011
V.I.P.

New pics of Dan attending the 92Y Broadway Talks special:

Here are some highlights from his interview at the special:
Quote:
• Dan admitted that he had been taking singing lessons for about three and a half years, and what got him started was trying to sing a better version of The Milky Bar song for Equus.
• Dan talked at great length about How to Succeed, and his personal aspirations for it, including hoping that his goal was, frankly, not to suck on stage. He found that he performed better on stage than screen because there were rarely any breaks from character while performing, whereas with film you could be done for the day on set and separate from the character and film.
• As mentioned in numerous interviews, Dan's a huge fan of The History Channel... the international version, which actually does broadcast actual historic documentaries, and not the reality programmes the U.S. version airs.
• On Harry Potter, the anecdote on when producer David Heyman found Dan for the first time at a London play many years back was brought up, and how he, Dan, realised he got the role of Harry pretty much for his big blue eyes, which he jokingly called his 'orphan eyes', given that he has so far played three orphans (Harry, David Copperfield, and Maps in December Boys).
• Dan admitted that as crazy as Harry Potter premieres are, he found them 'hysterically funny' as he found the recognition to be a bit strange.
• One thing Dan realised he had increasingly common with Harry as the books went on, especially the last few, was their argumentative natures, which Dan called bratty and snide. Dan jokingly wondered if JK Rowling had been deliberately noted this about him, and wrote Harry just as that.
• Dan does hope to do some behind-the-camera work in the future, as he has said many times in the past, though he'd rather prefer to direct a small, independent film, and not a huge epic fantasy like Harry Potter.
• Dan got to see a rough cut of his supernatural thriller, The Woman in Black, recently, and called it a "slow-burning Victorian Gothic film" that frightened him so much that he nearly fainted at points. He enjoyed the themes of loss in the story, as his character, Arthur Kipps, was a widower; he also argued that no one in their right mind would visit the home of The Woman in Black, but Kipps had a good enough reason to.
• Dan praised various Harry Potter costars, including of course Gary Oldman, David Thewlis whom he said is wonderful, Michael Gambon, Imelda Staunton, and especially pointed out David Bradley (Filch) and Gemma Jones (Madam Pomfrey), who had done a great deal of work on stage as well as screen.
• The topic of the Tony Awards, and Dan's obvious snub, was brought up in discussion. Dan said that everyone around him, including fans, came up to him and consoled him on the snub as though a relative had died, jokingly stating that they'd say things like 'are you OK?' about it, which he found a bit shocking. He was, however, rather pleased and humbled at even being considered in the same category as those actually nominated, as is happy for How to Succeed's eight nominations.
snitchseeker

15-05-2011
V.I.P.

DanRad attended the 12th Annual Broadway.com Audience Choice Awards tonight where he won two awards: "Favorite Actor" and "Favorite Pair" with John Larroquette.

Here are some pictures from the event. He's with his co-star Rose Hemingway.

snitchseeker

22-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe rushes into The Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City on Thursday night (May 19) to tape a segment on Late Night with David Letterman.
The 21-year-old actor and the cast of How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying performing “Brotherhood of Men” on the show. Check on the video below!
Daniel also recently shared about not being nominated for a Tony award, “The thing that shocked me was everybody else’s reaction to me, and how they started treating me — because it was like I lost a relativ. In my opinion, it was sweet, but over the top. People would ask me, ‘Are you OK?’ And I’d go, ‘I’m really OK!’”

justjared

tfs star

Omg he was so great on Letterman. The choreography was amazing!

22-05-2011
V.I.P.

He was indeed brilliant on Letterman. I'm seriously in love with him.

And I love his pre/post-show outfit. He looks great!

23-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe attends the 2011 Drama League Awards ceremony and luncheon at the Marriott Marquis on Friday (May 20) in New York City.
The 21-year-old actor was nominated for the Distinguished Performance Award for his work in the Broadway musical How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
The award went to Mark Rylance for his work in the shows Jerusalem and La Bete.

justjared

V.I.P.

Here are some new videos of DanRad's talk show appearances:

Performing "Brotherhood of Man" on Letterman

An MTV Movie Awards TV spot with Jason Sudeiskis

Interview on The View

HP7rupertemma

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

DanRad attended the 56th Annual Drama Desk Awards on May 23rd.
He was nominated for best actor in a musical, but didn't win.
Dan also presented the award for Outstanding Director of a Play to Joel Grey and George C. Wolfe.

New video from Empire magazine that features Emma.
The cast summarizes their Decade-long Potter experience in one word.

DanRad appears around the 0:51 mark.

snitchseeker, HP7rupertemma

27-05-2011
V.I.P.

SJP, Matthew Broderick, and their son visiting Dan backstage at How to Succeed...

Immortalbliss @pottershots

04-06-2011
V.I.P.

dailymail via ontd

tfs star

^^ I didn't know he smoked. He reminds me of Simon from Misfits in that photo.
His hair has been looking really good lately.

V.I.P.

I can't believe he's STILL smoking. It makes me so sad!!

He started it after he did Equus, because he had to smoke in that show every night.
Dan, you're killing yourself.

I like his outfit though...even if it is too hot for a leather jacket (at least it is where I live).

05-06-2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

He looks weird smoking, like a little kid doing something naughty.

fashion icon

Aww.... I'm disappointed in him for smoking. And I agree Belowen, he looks like a little kid doing something naughty. Rather amusing actually...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
daniel, radcliffe