How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-01-2012
V.I.P.

^Fantastic speech. I love him. He was amazing in this show...I wish his run could've gone on for longer. It won't be the same without Dan, Rose, and John.

I love what he says about John. Dan is so funny.

Thanks for posting, Littlepaperstars!

05-01-2012
V.I.P.

New interview from Dan in Parade magazine. He makes my heart melt.

Quote:
Are you a romantic?
"Yes. I don’t know where my romanticism comes from. My mom and dad would read to me a lot. Treasure Island, Robinson Crusoe, tales of chivalry and knights, things like that. Those are the stories I loved growing up. I still see something very romantic in the world that perhaps isn’t there. I suppose I want it to be the place of knights and that kind of stuff.”

Knights marry princesses. Do you want to get married?
"Yes, absolutely. When growing up, I thought of marriage as being very official, drawing up a contract. It seemed slightly clinical to me. But then you meet somebody that you really love and you think, 'Actually, I wouldn’t mind standing up in front of my friends and family and telling them how much I love you and that I want to be with you forever.'

Are you in love with girlfriend Rosie Coker? [Radcliffe met Coker, a production assistant, on the set of the last Potter film.]
"Yes, absolutely. When Rosie’s here, every day seems better….I’m not an easy person to love. There are lots of times when I’m a very good boyfriend, but there are times when I’m useless. I mean, I’m a mess around the house. I talk nonstop. I become obsessed with things. This year it’s fantasy football, which means Rosie has to listen to me talking 24 hours a day about this team. 'Should I take this player out, do you think, darling?' And she listens to it, and she loves me for my oddness, my awkwardness, all of those things that I hate about myself. She finds them cute. I guess that’s love."

Why was that?
"I hated dating because I’m crap at it! [laughs] With Rosie, I didn’t know what was appropriate, like on which date you’re supposed to try and kiss her. At the end of the second date I pulled a move out of the Bela Lugosi Book of Woo—I went to kiss Rosie and at the last minute lost my nerve and ended up kissing her neck, which is such a weirdly intimate place to kiss somebody on a second date. Afterward, I texted her, saying, 'I’m sorry, what I just did probably seems very odd to you.' Fortunately, she just found it really funny, so she kept coming back."

Last year you gave up alcohol. Why?
"My inner life was being drowned. I’ve worked with Richard Harris, Gary Oldman, all those actors who went crazy when they were young, and I always wanted that. The idea of that kind of life and chaos was always so appealing to me. Unfortunately, the way I do it, there is no romance to it! [laughs] There is nothing glorious or triumphant about it—it was pathetic, boring, and unhappy."

Your dad is a Protestant from Ulster and your mom is English and Jewish. Were you raised in a particular religion?
"There was never [religious] faith in the house. I think of myself as being Jewish and Irish, despite the fact that I’m English. My dad believes in God, I think. I’m not sure if my mom does. I don’t. I have a problem with religion or anything that says, 'We have all the answers,' because there’s no such thing as 'the answers.' We’re complex. We change our minds on issues all the time. Religion leaves no room for human complexity."

You’ve had enormous success for someone so young. Do you fear that it won’t last?
"Yes. But it’s reality, not fear. It will happen, and I have accepted that. In a way it’s a great relief that I will never, ever do a film as successful as the Harry Potter series. But neither will anybody else. [laughs] Or it will take them a long time.”

On giving back.
“I got involved in The Trevor Project [a charity which works to prevent young gay people from committing suicide] in late 2008 when I was in New York doing Equus. A few of my friends had made me aware of it. It sounded like such a fantastic thing. People need it. The suicide rate for gay teens is four times that of straight kids. I couldn't believe that nothing like this had existed before. I think that any free-thinking person who becomes very wealthy and has strong opinions on things would get involved with something like The Trevor Project or scholarships for schools or whatever. Fame is very useful in directing attention toward those things.

“I got paid so well for doing the Harry Potter films, it's ridiculous. If somebody asked me, 'Did you think you deserve that money?' No, of course I didn't. 'But would you have taken it anyway?' Of course. I happened to have found this industry where people get paid stupid amounts of money. That's the reality. I feel almost guilty for having done so well out of Potter. But there’s a moral imperative to help others. You know, the fact that I wake up in my lovely apartment in New York and get to stroll down here and do a couple of shows, and there is somebody in some country waking up wondering where he's going to live that week—it's a horrendous feeling. There is a sense that you have to do something. I feel Brad Pitt would agree that the way to help is to really get behind things that you're passionate about, like The Trevor Project. You have to give back.”

On homophobia.
“Realizing that other people have a problem with [homosexuality] was the weirdest thing for me. As a kid it wasn't even something that was mentioned. It was never something that was even explained to me. It was just, “That's Mark and he's gay.” Mark was just another friend of my dad's who would talk about his boyfriend instead of his girlfriend. I was 5. I didn't care. It seemed perfectly normal, and still does....It just drives me crazy...that people can make such sweeping, ignorant statements and bring religion into it....Why would you want a god that’s up there picking and choosing who he lets in?...That doesn't make any sense."
parade

Behind the Scenes video of his Parade shoot

05-01-2012
trendsetter

I thought it was cute how he mentionned his girlfriend in the speech posted above but I'm surprised he's talking about their relationship in an interview. I valued the fact that he was protective of his sentimental life but well... I guess when you're chatty and really love someone you can't help but talk about it

backstage pass

Great interview. He's very mature for his age and unlike other celebrities he knows when to stop.

05-01-2012
trendsetter

I'm trying to figure out when Dan got extremely hot to me. And I have no idea when. Last July when DH2 premiere, he was just Harry Potter and Rudyard Kipling's tragic son to me. I thought he was adorably cute, but somewhere between then and now, I've had an "OMG! He's hot!" moment.

I love his interviews! He's keeps getting painted as the golden boy of the franchise (I'd give that title to Tom Felton) but I think he's more like a dorky hot guy.

05-01-2012
V.I.P.

^I've always gone in and out of phases of finding him just adorable or incredibly hot.
The hot phase didn't start until he first did Equus imo, but only recently (since about 2008) have I really just found him irresistible. I think it's just his intelligence and how he's so sure of who he is.

@Fantomette: He talked about being in love with his girlfriend in a Larry King interview, but he didn't mention her name.

06-01-2012
fashion icon

^Completely agree Sobriquet87, I think Dan's appeal is that he's smart and he knows who he is. And I find that really attractive in a guy. Plus the added bonus is that he's funny too. What a charmer! Also, I really liked his quote about marriage. It's really sweet.

backstage pass

great interview, thanks for posting! his girlfriend is very lucky

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

New film role for Dan. He starts filming soon. I think it was mentioned a few pages back, but I don't remember if the name of the film was ever announced.

Quote:
Elizabeth Olsen Joins Daniel Radcliffe in 'Kill Your Darlings'

Elizabeth Olsen has joined Daniel Radcliffe in the upcoming film Kill Your Darlings, Variety reports.

The 22-year-old actress will star in the film which “tells the story of how a murder at Columbia University in 1944 brought together the young writers who would spark the Beat Revolution.”

Also joining the cast are Boardwalk Empire’s Jack Huston and Chronicle’s Dane DeHaan.

Lizzie will play the girlfriend of Jack Kerouac (Huston). Daniel will play Allen Ginsberg and Dane is set to play Lucien Carr, a classmate of Daniel’s character for whom he develops romantic feelings.

Filming will begin in March.
justjared

14-01-2012
tfs star

Dan is hosting SNL tonight!
Daniel Radcliffe teams up with Saturday Night Live cast member Jason Sudeikis in a promo for his hosting gig this Saturday (January 14).

The 22-year-old star of The Woman in Black will make his SNL debut, while Lana Del Rey will serve as the musical guest!

Link to the promo: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2012/01...l-promo-video/

justjared

14-01-2012
V.I.P.

From Mugglenet.com.....

Quote:
Dan Radcliffe set to announce 2012 BAFTA nominations on Tuesday

Today it was announced that Dan Radcliffe and Holliday Grainger - two of the hottest rising stars in the UK - will be announcing the nominations for the 2012 Orange British Academy Film Awards, Britain's equivalent of the Oscars, on Tuesday January 17th at 7:40AM GMT (2:40AM EST).

Dan and Holliday will join BAFTA's chairman Tim Corrie, Chief Executive Amanda Berry, Chair of the Film Committee Nik Powell, and Deputy Chair of the Film Committee Pippa Harris to make the live announcements for the nominees.

The Orange British Academy Film Awards will take place on Sunday, February 12th, and will be held for the sixth year in a row at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden. The show will be hosted by Stephen Fry and broadcasted exclusively on BBC One and BBC One HD with a red carpet show prior to the event on BBC Three.
mugglenet

15-01-2012
V.I.P.

SNL Promos

drnphotos.com

why am i attracted to this Dan?!

paralysedbeaver.tumblr.com

fashion icon

^haha...omg me too! It just looks like an "edgy" Brit drinking tea... yet it's undeniably hot. So what did everyone think of Dan's SNL gig? I thought Dan was fantastic, he committed to all his roles, but the writing itself wasn't very fresh. I was kinda disappointed in the material they gave him to work with. Also, next time he hosts, less American accent more British ones, please! Did anyone else catch the slight digs at Tom Felton, when they were talking about Planet of The Apes, and Dan say's he hasn't seen it. I loved it. I'm sure not everyone noticed it but it was very funny.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 15-01-2012 at 12:45 PM.
15-01-2012
V.I.P.

Yes....He looks SO fine in that gif. lol. I don't know why.
I LOVE all the SNL pictures!!!

15-01-2012
V.I.P.

Here's a video of Dan on SNL playing Casey Anthony's Yorkshire Terrier
He's hilarious in this sketch. It starts at 5:53

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
daniel, radcliffe