How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-02-2012
trendsetter

He makes the best faces! TWIB is getting good reviews too. I'm glad cuz I was afraid the critics were going to bash him.

After scrolling through this thead, I think his fashion sense has improved greatly over the years. He's really start to look spiffy.

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

WIB did REALLY well over the weekend. It brought in an estimated $21 million, which definitely exceeded expectations. According to Box Office Mojo, it's the most successful film CBS films (the distributor) has had Ever!

Dan was on the Ellen Degeneres show on Feb. 2nd. Here's the video:

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

I'm glad his movie didn't flop, he's seems so genuinely nice and hardworking.

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

i really want to see the movie, can't wait until it's released here. people say it's pretty creepy, i thought i would be ok watching it after reading the book, but now i'm not so sure

V.I.P.

^It scared me more than I care to admit, but I didn't have nightmares or anything.

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

^i have HUGE issues with paranormal/ghost stuff, i just can't deal with it, my imagination is a bit too lively for my own liking somtimes
but i will watch it...and not sleep for the following few weeks

trendsetter

We are not supposed to talk about politics but here is an article from the Guardian that definitely set Daniel apart from any other young actors. It's quite refreshing to see that he is so grounded and actually interested in the world and that path his country is taking (regardless of his opinion).

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe has announced that he is no longer a supporter of the Liberal Democrats after emerging as one of the party's most high-profile celebrity backers ahead of the last British general election, and will probably vote instead for Labour under its "genuinely leftwing" leader, Ed Miliband.
In what is turning into a hemorrhaging of support for the Lib Dems among a list of celebrity backers it unveiled in the run-up to last year's vote, the star of the Harry Potter franchise described party leader Nick Clegg as a "whipping boy" for the Conservatives. He also hit out at the "homophobia" of some of the US Republican presidential candidates.
Colin Firth, another actor and A-list Hollywood star declared in December that he was ending his support for the Lib Dems. The party has also lost the support of Bella Freud, the fashion designer, and Kate Mosse, the author.
Radcliffe made the comments in an interview that will be published on Monday in the latest issue of Attitude magazine, the same forum he used in 2009 to announce that he would "almost certainly" be using his first ever vote in a general election to vote Lib Dem.
Asked if he is happy with the Lib Dems's place in the coalition, he said: "No, of course not. Nick Clegg asked to meet me after that Attitude interview and we talked about issues such as gay rights and faith schools.
"I was initially supportive. For me it was good that the Lib Dems would be fighting our corner. But he has become a whipping boy and it seems to me that he has been totally used by the Tories - anything they don't want badly reflected on them they reflect on to him."
The actor, who is estimated to have a £30m fortune, cited "so many concessions" by the Lib Dems' on education and taxes. He added: "I think, if you make a lot more money than most people - like I do - you should pay more tax and subsidise people who work just as hard as you, but don't earn as much."
Radcliffe, whose current film, The Woman in Black, was estimated to have made $21m at the US box office during its weekend opening, said he "will probably be going to Labour".
He said: "From what I've seen of Ed Miliband, I really like him and he speaks for what I believe in. I think he's genuine, genuinely leftwing, and will act as such if he gets in."
The actor ó who is straight ó also used the interview to call for gay marriage, relationship education in schools that would cover both gay and straight relationships, and attacked some of the US Republican presidential candidates.
Radcliffe said that he wished more educational establishments, especially in the US, were not in thrall to religion, stating: "I'm not religious, I'm an atheist, and a militant atheist when religion starts impacting on legislation. We need sex education in schools.
He went on to say that he has been "disgusted, amazed, stunned" by candidates seeking the Republican presidential nomination, such as Rick Santorum or Michele Bachmann, who have been openly hostile to gay rights.
"But they disgusted me less than candidates like Rick Perry, who made that ridiculous advert wearing 'the Brokeback jacket', and I think pretend to be homophobic just to win votes." .
Asked if he wished that Barack Obama would publicly back gay marriage, he replied: "Yes, I do, but can he really? Of course he's in favour of it, but he has to be careful about saying so. I'd rather have someone like him in the White House than the alternative."

Last edited by dennab216; 06-02-2012 at 06:25 AM.
06-02-2012
V.I.P.

^That is a great interview. Thanks for posting!

Dan was on the Craig Ferguson show earlier this month, here's the video:

06-02-2012
trendsetter

That interview can be filed under: Reasons why UK stars are more Cool. Whether they are obscure or famous, it seems like every actor from the UK has no problem talking politics, religion (and admitting to being atheist), or sex. I can't think of American stars in recent history who are so unflinching, but respectful, in addressing their views on "controversial" issues.

08-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
^I wouldn't say forced. You can tell he's working hard to prove he can make it post-Potter.
Actually, I think he's - and his agent/PR team - working a tad too hard to portray him as an 'adult'. All those interviews about his drinking for a start and recently about his one-night stands and so forth.

Maybe I'd be a bit more sold on his cool persona if only he weren't so edgy and nervous on chat shows.

08-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post
That interview can be filed under: Reasons why UK stars are more Cool. Whether they are obscure or famous, it seems like every actor from the UK has no problem talking politics, religion (and admitting to being atheist), or sex. I can't think of American stars in recent history who are so unflinching, but respectful, in addressing their views on "controversial" issues.
To be fair though, I think Daniel is the except, not the norm. I mean, how many other young British stars wear their hearts on their sleeves like Daniel does? I could be wrong, but I don't think we've heard much about the religious/political affiliations of people like Andrew Garfield, Robert Pattinson, Emma Watson, Carey Mulligan, Daniel Craig, Kate Beckinsale et al?

08-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavonine View Post
To be fair though, I think Daniel is the except, not the norm. I mean, how many other young British stars wear their hearts on their sleeves like Daniel does? I could be wrong, but I don't think we've heard much about the religious/political affiliations of people like Andrew Garfield, Robert Pattinson, Emma Watson, Carey Mulligan, Daniel Craig, Kate Beckinsale et al?
Exactly. Only the 'old ones' like Helena, Colin Firth or Thandie talk about it. Seems like the younger ones don't want to use their fame for such a thing (after all, if they have nothing interesting to say then it's probably better for them to say nothing at all).

However I wouldn't put Kate and Daniel in the same box as Emma or Andrew

Quote:
Actually, I think he's - and his agent/PR team - working a tad too hard to portray him as an 'adult'. All those interviews about his drinking for a start and recently about his one-night stands and so forth.

Maybe I'd be a bit more sold on his cool persona if only he weren't so edgy and nervous on chat shows.
He doesn't need to be portray as an adult. He already is. As for drinking he has drink for a while and he is British, it's almost engraved in their DNA that they must drink.

I didn't hear about one night stands - especially since he seems to have a steady girlfriend - but you should listen to his Katie Couric interview during How to succeed. I also don't think he is nervous/edgy but more like he is always figeting because very hyper. He is one of the most well spoken young actors nowadays imo.

Last edited by dennab216; 08-02-2012 at 04:30 AM.
08-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Ha ha. Strangely, all the names you mentioned are now considered Hollywood stars. The more obscure ones--who haven't yet found fame and security in Hollywood---are fairly political and have no bones about discussing stuff ranging from gay rights to nudity in their films: Matthew MacFayden, JJ Feild, Kelly Reilly, Matthew Lewis, Jessie Cave* etc. I suppose I should have said "lesser known" as those are the British types I tend to follow. Although Kate Winslet can't be forgotten: she talks about gay rights and body issues in her interviews.

*Cave isn't so much as political but she does spoof the way Hollywood views fashion and females in her skits. She's subversively feminist.

Back to fashion: I think Dan's done some nice photoshoot lately. But I'm mixed about his press fashion. The premiere outfits are great, but the interview outfits are kinda meh.

12-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe stops to sign some autographs for fans as he leaves the BBC Radio 2 studios in London, England on Friday morning (February 10).
The 22-year-old actor has been out promoting his new film, The Woman in Black. Have you seen it yet?
Daniel recently sat down with Nylon mag about really defining the genre of the movie.
“It’s a character-driven horror film, that’s how I would describe it (although I am continually reminded to describe it as a supernatural thriller)… But horror has more connotations now as gore and all that kind of s—, and it’s not that,” he said. “It’s about keeping the audience in a state of tension and dread for one and a half hours, and occasionally just freaking them out. That’s our brand of horror. It is very scary and it’s beautiful as well. The imagery…That’s one of the things that sets it apart from most horror films of that ilk is just how wonderful it looks.”

justjaredjr

V.I.P.

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe takes a seat at the ‘Meet the Filmmakers’ event held at at Apple Store, Regent Street on Thursday night (February 9) in London, England
The 22-year-old actor sat down with writer Jane Goldman and director James Watkins to chat about The Woman in Black.
Daniel told the Telegraph, “I just want to work and do well at my job and learn from people around me and then I want to die, there’s nothing more to it.”

justjaredjr

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
daniel, radcliffe