How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-05-2006
V.I.P.

Denzel Washington
I think this man deserves a thread! What a incredibly talented actor/director
2 of my favorite movies that he was in are "Remember the Titans" & "Man on Fire"

people.com
BEACH COMBER
Denzel Washington takes a solo stroll in Malibu on Wednesday.
The Oscar-winning actor has been busy shooting the action-adventure
movie Deja Vu.
denzel_washington.jpg

Last edited by Bonchic; 05-05-2006 at 11:45 AM.

07-05-2006
V.I.P.

i love man on fire too!!!
and even though hes way way older hes one hot man!!!
ohhhhhh denzel lol lol lol

10-05-2006
V.I.P.

http://fan-forums.org/showthread.php?t=2482
from the set of inside man

02-07-2006
V.I.P.

Denzel Washington and his wife relax on a yacht
Denzel Washington and his wife Paulette enjoy the good life in St Tropez by staying on a luxurious yatch "Mia Elise".
Old pictures
(source HW

29-08-2006
V.I.P.

Denzel Washington Mix
hollywoodsbest.net

23-10-2006
V.I.P.

thanks for all the pictures, I don't remember ever seeing his wife before Keep the photos coming

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonchic
thanks for all the pictures, I don't remember ever seeing his wife before Keep the photos coming
Your welcome
I will,If I find some

20-11-2006
front row

Denzel Washington celebrates the publication of "A Hand to Guide Me" by Denzel Washington published by Meredith Books. All proceeds from the book will go to the Boys & Girls Club throughout the country.
November 20, 2006 - The Hudson Hotel's Library Room
New York City, New York United States

www.wireimage.com

21-11-2006
V.I.P.

those are great pictures, thanks! I love it when he smiles

fashion icon

FRIENDLY RIVALRY

Knicks-aholic Spike Lee gets in pal Denzel Washington's face for a little friendly ribbing at Tuesday's New York Knicks-L.A. Lakers game at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Lee had good reason to celebrate: The Knicks picked up a thrilling 107-106 come-from-behind win in the last seven seconds of the game. People.com

14-02-2007
fashion icon

DENZEL & PAULETTE, 23 YEARS

When Washington, now 52, landed his first professional acting gig (in the 1977 TV drama Wilma), he had no idea that the job benefits included meeting his bride-to-be Pauletta Pearson, 56. Now, 23 years and four children later, the Oscar-winning actor reveals his secret to wedded bliss to PEOPLE: "Do what your wife tells you and keep your mouth shut." People.com

14-02-2007
fashion icon

Denzel Turns 50

As the sexy Oscar winner hits the mid-century mark, take a look inside his life. By Serena Kappes and Lucy Maher. PEOPLE.COM
PUBLISHED: MONDAY DECEMBER 27, 2004 06:00 AM EST

50 & FABULOUS
Though at 50 he's still in great condition, Washington (at the Los Angeles premiere of The Manchurian Candidate in July) jokes that it isn't as easy as it looks. A typical day, he says, includes "going to the gym, coming home and icing my knees. My arm. My wrist. My shoulder. My neck. I got about 8 lbs. of ice."

MAN ON FIRE
"Referring to Denzel Washington as simply sexy is like saying Ernest Hemingway was a good fisherman," says Julia Roberts of her pal's appeal. Adds Destiny's Child's Kelly Rowland: "He's the sexiest man alive." Washington, one of PEOPLE's 50 Most Beautiful in 2000, thrills some young fans during a July appearance on TRL.

SOUL MATES
Washington married actress-singer Pauletta Pearson in 1983, six years after the pair met while filming a made-for-TV movie. Like any longtime couple, they've had their ups and downs. "I may give her reasons to leave me, (but) I'll never leave her," Washington has said. "We've been through too much."

THE SIMPLE LIFE
"When you're younger, you're racing, you're looking to go everywhere," says Washington (at the Venice Film Festival in September). "Now I'm enjoying the simple things in life." For example, the actor personally planted around 100 small trees at his L.A. home to create an orchard.

DOWN TO EARTH
Despite his movie-star status, Washington (partying with P. Diddy in Saint Tropez in July) remains levelheaded about his fame. "When my oldest son (John David) was in the seventh grade, he said, 'Dad, you're famous!' I said, 'See your friend Seth over there? I work for his dad' – who was a studio head – 'and if his dad doesn't give me a job, you don't eat, okay?' "

BOY'S LIFE
Growing up, Washington (center) says he spent so much time at the local Boys Club, that "my mom would have to come get me." He now serves as national spokesperson for the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and in 2003 donated $1 million to his hometown Mount Vernon, N.Y., chapter.

PACKING HEAT
At 45, Washington worked out for a year with L.A. boxing trainer Terry Claybon and lost 40 lbs. to prepare for his role as middleweight boxer Ruben Carter in 1999's The Hurricane. "He said, 'Teach me to fight like a pro. Don't be light on me,'" says Claybon. The result of 1,000 sit-ups and running three to five miles a day? A sculpted body and a Golden Globe for best actor.

TAKE THE PLUNGE
He films on location all over the globe, but Washington (in Sardinia in 2001 with wife Pauletta and their two daughters) makes a point of returning home on weekends to spend time with kids Katia, 17, and 13-year-old twins Olivia and Malcolm. He even trekked cross-country in 2002 to watch son John David, 20, a student at Georgia's Morehouse College, play his first college football game.

SPORTS FAN
Washington (with Muhammad Ali at a June benefit gala for the Boys and Girls Clubs of America in New York) has always been athletic: As a teenager, he played football for the Oakwood Academy in New Windsor, N.Y., and when his children were younger, he coached their sports teams. "The kids are too old now. They don't need me anymore," he jokes. "They're putting me out to pasture."

JOKE'S ON HIM
The actor known for his dramatic turns in films including (from left) Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), He Got Game (1998) and Mississippi Masala (1991) would love to get some laughs. "I really want to do a comedy. Tell the studios that I want to do a (film): me and Tom Hanks, two nutty guys wandering around."

GOLDEN TIME
Washington made history in 2002 when he became only the second African-American to win a Best Actor Academy Award, taking the prize for his role as a corrupt cop in Training Day. Washington wasn't the only one feeling the joy: "My wife was going crazy," he said at the time. Julia Roberts (his costar in 1993's The Pelican Brief), who presented him with the honor, was so happy she jumped on his back.

14-02-2007
fashion icon

Thanks everybody for the photos and Bonchic for the thread. Denzel Washington is extremely talented, and i admire not only his acting, but also the fact that he knows how to choose movies. I'm a huge fan of his work. Malcom X, The Bone Collector, Remember the Titans, Training Day, John Q, Antwone Fisher, Man On fire. Great movies!!

'Dad, you're famous!' I said, 'See your friend Seth over there? I work for his dad' – who was a studio head – 'and if his dad doesn't give me a job, you don't eat, okay?' "

Gotta LOVE this man!!

V.I.P.

Denzel! Besides truly being one of the greatest actors ever,he is beautiful inside & out. I think he is just fabulous. Recently,I was going through some of my collection and found this...and for a second I couldn't breath! Anyhow,this was done around the time as a young girl when I first noticed what all the fuss was about!
"Le Jazz Haute" Vogue US 1990 by Demarchelier. Photo Source:scanned by me

**This was in honor of the the film "Mo Betta Blues" which is one of my all-time favs.

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 07-06-2007 at 02:46 PM.
07-06-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPommeCherie View Post

SOUL MATES
Washington married actress-singer Pauletta Pearson in 1983, six years after the pair met while filming a made-for-TV movie. Like any longtime couple, they've had their ups and downs. "I may give her reasons to leave me, (but) I'll never leave her," Washington has said. "We've been through too much."
What great things he said there about this wife(he always does like on Oprah not too long ago). Although,I like many women have had at least one dream about him I've always had respect for his wife and deep down never want to see them apart. I think they really have something special. Photo Credit:Frank Trapper

A young,dapper looking Denzel with Pauletta(circa 1990).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
denzel, washington