How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-09-2012
front row

From the couple of things I have seen her in, she's always been an interesting actress in my opinion. Never understood why she had that reputation of being "just" a pretty face. I hope someone like Lars von Trier or Michael Haneke would give her a good part someday.

23-09-2012
fashion icon

In the U.S., television- especially cable programs-- are where the best parts are right now. A lot of movie actors are accepting roles on cable programs just because of the quality of the writing. They are getting to play more nuanced, interesting roles and due to the serial nature of the programs they can flesh out the characters over a season.

Diane has not yet convinced me with an American accent. I'm curious to see how she's going to play someone from Texas.

23-09-2012
rising star

I haven't seen many of her roles except for Inglorious and National, to be honest I really don't remember her performances. If she goes to TV, I hope we still get to see her on the red carpet. I think she's more famous for her fashion than her acting.

23-09-2012
front row

Wicker Park is my favorite role of hers so far. I think trying TV is a good move.

23-09-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritze View Post
From the couple of things I have seen her in, she's always been an interesting actress in my opinion. Never understood why she had that reputation of being "just" a pretty face. I hope someone like Lars von Trier or Michael Haneke would give her a good part someday.
totally agree. i would love for her to get a nice big role in a critically acclaimed indie film. i feel like people dismiss her because she does so much foreign stuff but after seeing farewell my queen i'm more convinced than ever in her abilities as an actress.

23-09-2012
V.I.P.

Diane by Santiago & Mauricio for W Magazine October 2012
Source: glossynewsstand.tumblr.com

Last edited by Dea1983; 23-09-2012 at 02:02 PM.

23-09-2012
rising star

I know I've said this before, but she looks like Madonna. I'm not sure if it's the lighting, angles or the touch ups, but it really doesn't look like Diane.

23-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
^I think that's the reason as well. she's getting to the age where there probably aren't many quality offers coming her way, so this might be a way to show off her acting to put her back in a place where she can get offered more film roles. it's not a bad thing though. TV shows are in a really good place right now quality wise - she could transition this into better film roles if she plays her cards right.

I think is probably also why she has been making more french films than american ones lately.
I remember an interview she did around the second national treasure movie about how she worried about getting older because actresses aren't allowed to grow old in the US or you become the mom, etc, but that over in Europe interesting roles are still offered to "older" women.

Plus, hell, if you speak three languages why not take advantage of it? I would milk that sh!t so hard.

24-09-2012
V.I.P.

Diane Kruger and her co-star Dany Boon attend a press conference for their French film A Plan Almost Perfect (Un Plan Parfait) on Monday (September 24) in Lille, Northern France.
Credit to just jared

25-09-2012
V.I.P.

such a cool look!

25-09-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Disagree, her candid looks are all so over-thought lately -- Kate Bosworth went through a phase like this, but has rebounded recently, hope Diane can do the same, I miss the effortlessness Diane used to have.

25-09-2012
V.I.P.

So true. Unfortunately, all of my favourite style stars have been quite disappointing lately when it comes to street style. Her casual style in 2009 was great:

posh24, diane-kruger.com

She's the only person that could make me love those style of boots.

25-09-2012
trendsetter

Eh, those are some of my least favourite candid looks of hers.

I also don't see what's so "over-thought" about her last outfit. It's fairly simple.

People expect so much from her, and when they don't get what they want, "the old Diane is gone!"

Last edited by girlyevil; 25-09-2012 at 02:26 PM.

25-09-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyevil View Post
I also don't see what's so "over-thought" about her last outfit. It's fairly simple.

People expect so much from her, and when they don't get what they want, "the old Diane is gone!"
I was referring to all her recent outfits, not that one in particular. Her style feels very Los Angeles/trendy now, there's nothing interesting about it to me. She used to have the effortless French (overused cliche, but true)/layering ease that she probably picked up in Berlin which are highlighted in Lola's pictures. It's no longer Diane, it's generic.

25-09-2012
fashion insider

^I know what you mean! I do miss when she was a little more French, if that makes sense.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, diane, kruger