How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-11-2012
V.I.P.

DITA VON TEESE wasn’t short of inspiration when she started designing her lingerie line, Von Follies – the entire top floor of her house is devoted to her vintage wardrobe, with three shelves devoted to luxurious underwear.

“I like to surround myself with luxury and beauty all the time,” she told us. “I’ve been collecting vintage lingerie for 25 years – my collection is pretty huge now. I’ve always been fascinated by it, I used to sift through my mother’s underwear drawer when I was young. I loved the idea of something that was feminine and functional.”

Von Teese worked in a lingerie store from the age of 16, fuelling her love for artfully made beautiful undergarments and her interest in pin-up models. Having built a solid reputation as one of the world’s leading burlesque dancers, she launched her debut underwear line in Australia in February this year. It has only recently become available to a British market, with stockists including ASOS and Debenhams. Price points are accessible, ranging from £12 for satin thongs to £32 for bras covered with lace and embroidered with bows.

“It wasn’t easy,” she said of the democratic pricing. “I had to ask the manufacturers a lot of questions about how much various fabrics cost, but I wanted to prove that it is possible to create something beautiful and affordable. There is no reason to wear a simple white bra when you can have this.”

As you might expect, the collection is founded on a nostalgic play on modernity and inspired by items that the dancer owns herself.

“What prevents vintage from looking too dress-up is if you mix modern and vintage pieces,” she explained. “That’s what I do – and that’s what I’ve done with this collection. Wear things that look modern. You have to have a discerning eye.”

Von Teese has recently added a number of dresses to her fashion line – and we can hope to see the brand expand further in the future.

“I won’t do shoes, because Christian Louboutin is one of my best friends and that’s something he does very well,” she laughed. “But I can see myself doing jewellery or handbags – I love both of those.”

pocketvenus.wordpress.com

30-11-2012
V.I.P.

Dita Von Teese models her new lingerie collection for Von Follies

V.I.P.

Dita Von Teese for Elle Men China
photography by Albert Sanchez
styling by Laura Duncan
hair by Louise Moon
makeup by Kathy Jeung
creative direction by Dana Poblete
art guidance by Pedro Zalba
written and coordinated by Clea Bierman

V.I.P.

Reveal.co.uk: Dita Von Teese’s sexy new lingerie
by Aja Wallis
We met Dita at the launch party, where the tiny but perfectly proportioned star talked to us about her love of vintage lingerie – and her very special onesie!

“My first job was working in a lingerie store when I was 15, I used to fantasise about my own lingerie line, so this is a dream come true!”, Dita told us.

“I want women to understand that we can have glamour and beauty and functional lingerie all at the same time.”

And what hope is there for us mere mortals to look as good as Dita in our lingerie, at home?

“I rely on carefully crafted lingerie and good lighting to help me look good on stage, and I always advise women to surround themselves with good lighting at home.”

“We’ve all been traumatised by hideous dressing room overhead lighting and there’s no need to do that to yourself in your own home!”

“I have dimmer switches in every room in my house, including my bathroom, you can also paint your walls either pink or peach, and that’ll give you a really flattering look.”

“Use light coming from lots of different angles, lots of lamps. If you’re just using one overhead light, you’re asking for trouble!”

What about her best tip for Dita-style glamour?

“I love stockings and garter belts. You can really glamorise your life by buying a set of black lace lingerie, including garter belt and stockings. It works every time and it’s always sophisticated and elegant and never trashy.”

We couldn’t resist asking Dita if she’d ever dream of wearing a onesie, and guess what? She does! But we don’t think it’s the kind of onesie you’d wear for opening your presents with the family on Christmas morning…

“I have one onesie in my wardrobe but I don’t think it’s the same kind of onesie that you’re talking about!”

“You know when you were a little girl and you had those pyjamas with the feet in them? A few years ago I had a custom made sexy version of those made in velvet with a trapdoor in the back – supersexy!”

As for the kind of onesie we’re more familiar with?

“No, I’m not wearing anything like that!”

V.I.P.

2012 British Fashion Awards

Appearances: Amber Valletta, Stella McCartney, Salma Hayek, Ronnie Wood, Sally Humphries, Andrea Riseborough, Manolo Blahnik, Rita Ora, Dita von Teese, Pixie Geldof, Valentino Garavani, Cara Delevingne, Kim Hersov, Gareth Pugh, Livia Firth, Harold Tillman, Princess Beatrice, Kelly Brook, Alexa Chung, Portia Freeman, Roksanda Ilincic, Kim Jones, Suzy Menkes, will.i.am

V.I.P.

w/ Valentio

becauseiamfabulous.com

V.I.P.

Made these gifs, because she looked so damn stunning, source of video Youtube

V.I.P.

Instagram: Dita Von Teese on Project Runway Sweden

front row

not keen on that look where she wears low cut dress and her bra is proudly on the show. dislike that because this way she looses her classy lady-like look in one second.

V.I.P.

Dita Von Teese keeps it stylish while making a stop at Beauty Park Medical Spa on Monday (December 3) in Brentwood, Calif.

justjared.com

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

killer looking as always, thanks for the ad

V.I.P.

Grazia Daily: Dita Von Teese On Why Madonna Is Her Ultimate Style Icon
by Julia Fernandez

Last week at the British Fashion Awards Dita Von Teese told Grazia Daily that she was inspired by Tilda Swinton’s androgynous look. This week to celebrate Dita’s Von Follies lingerie collection we had the chance to put our Fashion Quickfire questions to the burlesque beauty once again and discovered that her ultimate style icon is Madonna. Well when you think about that conical Jean Paul Gaultier bra it all makes sense! The star also dished on her fashion faux pas and wardrobe essentials…

Grazia Daily: Who is your ultimate style icon and why?

Dita Von Teese: Probably Madonna, because with every look she’s done in the past two decades, she does it with such high-style, with not one detail overlooked. No one in entertainment can come close to what she has accomplished style-wise.

Grazia Daily: What three items should every girl have in her wardrobe?

Dita Von Teese: A great set of perfectly-fitting black lace lingerie, with the bra, plus both a bikini/brief and thong for versatility, and a garterbelt. Fine black lace is always sophisticated, sexy and chic. A great pair of simple black pumps with a matching black clutch.

Grazia Daily: What’s been your biggest fashion faux pas?

Dita Von Teese: Paying any mind to criticism. I was cured of that when I was once named best dressed by French Vogue and worst dressed by an American tabloid, at the same time, in the same exact dress.

Grazia Daily: Which shops do you rely on?

Dita Von Teese: My favourite vintage shops are in Los Angeles and my favourite designers include Roland Mouret, Jenny Packham and Moschino.

Grazia Daily: What are your handbag essentials?

Dita Von Teese: My ARTDECO brand powder compact, my ‘Muse Red’ lipstick, my ‘Vermillion’ lipliner, my iPhone, and cash!

Grazia Daily: Who are your go-to British designers?

Dita Von Teese: Jenny Packham and Burberry.

Grazia Daily: What’s been the highlight of your career so far?

Dita Von Teese: Launching my Von Follies lingerie collection.

Grazia Daily: What’s your fashion fantasy?

Dita Von Teese: I am really good friends with Jean Paul Gaultier, and I would love for him to create a show with me. He did make me a striptease dress that I wore on the runway at his haute couture show, but I would love to really work with him on an extravagant costume for my show.

Grazia Daily: Who’s the nicest person in fashion?

Dita Von Teese: Oh there are many! Christian Louboutin, Jean Paul Gaultier, Jenny Packham, Elie Saab, Alexis Mabille just to name a few.

Grazia Daily: What’s the best fashion show you’ve ever attended?

Dita Von Teese: The John Galliano Dior haute couture shows were so beautiful; I’ve been moved to tears!

Grazia Daily: Which Spring/ Summer 2013 trend would you most like to try?

Dita Von Teese: I never pay attention to trends, I just look for designers that are making clothes that flatter my body shape and suit my personal style.

V.I.P.

OK! (India) January, 2012
photography by Alex James
interview by Marcia Moody
hair & makeup by Hamilton @ SLR
using Philip B & Yves Saint Laurent
assisted by Bunny

V.I.P.

amfAR Inspiration Miami Beach Party

V.I.P.

^Just Wow at this look, she looks absolutely sensational, dont see her much in this shade and it looks gorgeous on her, definitely one of my fav looks of hers this year

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dita, teese, von