How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-12-2012
V.I.P.

The ArtDeco Dita Von Teese Golden Vintage Collection is now available through TenderLovingSkinCare.co.uk. I keep mentioning this vendor because it’s the best I’ve found for international customers when it comes to price, service and fast release of each collection. Nicola is always up to date with these collections, she goes out of her way to make them available to international customers at decent prices, usually with discounts for pre-orders. I recommend signing up to her mailing list if you want up to date info on future collections. She also runs great promotions on a regular basis.

Spend over £50 on any Dita Von Teese make up and receive a FREE lip Lacquer worth £15.25!

All you need to do is add “DITA50″ in the customer comments box at checkout and you will automatically be sent any one of the Dita Von Teese Lip Lacquers*

*Please note – your lip lacquer will be chosen for you.

Promotion ends on Midnight the 15th of December 2012

pocketvenus.wordpress.com

14-12-2012
V.I.P.

Style Counsel: Von Follies by Dita Von Teese launches in Europe

Today we have some very exciting news regarding our client, DCI Corporation (DCI) and Von Follies by Dita Von Teese.

In recent weeks DCI has taken the Queen of Burlesque’s Australian-launched collection to the UK and Europe in a first for the Melbourne-based company. Helen Anderson and Lara Brockhurst from DCI flew to London to meet Dita and to host an exclusive cocktail party to officially launch the brand into the European market.

Von Follies by Dita Von Teese is now available for purchase on ASOS, Glamuse and STYLEBOP.com, and top UK department store Debenhams. Originally a celebrity collaboration between Von Teese and Target Australia, the demand for the product was so huge that DCI decided to take Von Follies global.

Dita Von Teese says she is delighted with the results of her collaboration with DCI Corporation.

“I had a vision to create a beautiful lingerie collection based on my love of vintage glamour. With their expertise and business acumen DCI Corporation was able to realise my vision and make it a commercial reality.”

Have a peep at some of the images from Dita’s London party, it looks like everyone had a blast! The soiree was produced by our friends at Modus PR in London – amazing.

Make sure you keep our little blog in your favourites because very soon we will be posting a Q&A with our Managing Director Effie Young where she chats all about the shoot for Dita’s next collection, due to drop in time for Valentine’s Day.

The shoot took place at Dita’s LA home and was produced by Effie and the Style Counsel team. We are dying to tell you all about it and give you a sneak peak of the new collection. Stay tuned!

V.I.P.

The Nation: Up Close with Dita Von Teese
by Manta Klangboonkrong

The burlesque dancer peels off her pasties for a French liqueur brand

Cointreau’s global ambassador, the burlesque artist Dita Von Teese, was in Bangkok last month, though only a privileged few were able to witness firsthand her flawless man-made beauty and her signature cocktail glass performance.

Born Heather Sweet in a small farming town in the midwestern US state of Michigan, Von Teese rose to fame with her neo-burlesque routines that involve a lot of jewellery and feather fans, very little clothing and as much teasing as stripping. Known also for her obsession with 1940s cinema and her classic, retro style, Von Teese is said to maintain her image of ivory skin, jet-black hair and bright red lipstick even when shopping for groceries!

As one of the few globally known neo-burlesque artists, Von Teese is credited for re-popularising the art in her own style and has performed all over the world to phenomenal acclaim. And while she spends frequent vacations in Thailand, Von Teese performed “in the glass” here for the first time at the exclusive “One Night in Bangkok” party at the Peninsula Bangkok.

The surprisingly shy and soft-spoken Von Teese chatted with us before the show.

How did you become Cointreau’s brand ambassador?

In fact, I was approached by spirit brands because I’m famous for bathing in a giant cocktail glass and they all saw this as a really interesting tie-in. But Cointreau had this really elegant, glamorous campaign that we could do together, like creating new shows and travel bars, which we’ve done every holiday season. They’re a heritage French brand and I think they understand what I do. They have this tagline “Be Cointreauversial”, and I feel that their idea of being controversial is similar to what I do.

You’ve been with the brand for five years now.

Yes, it’s about history, It’s how I feel about history and what I do, which is reviving and modernising my history, and they’ve done the same thing with their brand. Also, they enjoy creating cocktails and something pleasurable and enjoying life, while my shows are all about creating fantasy, pleasure, and a playful sense of humour. It’s about enjoying life, too.

Do you contribute to the brand’s projects?

Oh yes, I have a lot to do with it. There are three cocktails that we created together. They give me a lot of input about the brand, and I put my brand stamp and style on all the projects. The shows for the brands are all my creation, inspired by the Cointreau history. We try to create a signature for both me and Cointreau.

Of all the three cocktails, which one do you like best?

I like the Margadita because it’s simple to make. The Cointreau Tea is a little bit more complicated. Margarita is also my favourite cocktail, which Cointreau first created in the ’40s. So I’m excited to have a special version for me. It’s a cocktail with spicy chipotle pepper and rose essence; it’s very nice.

What’s the most controversial thing you’ve ever done?

I don’t think I can share that with you here! I think what I do is still considered controversial to some people, and I like that because I’m trying to change people’s minds about what striptease is, and show them that something controversial can be elegant and beautiful – even legitimate in a way. Some people still think it’s risque, though

Have you succeeded in changing people’s perceptions?

I believe so. Everyone that’s seen my shows understands what burlesque is, and that striptease can be elegant. It’s hard for those who haven’t seen my shows to understand.

Do you often get approached by people with the wrong intentions?

I think I kind of give off a certain demeanour or something that doesn’t really open myself to that kind of thing. I’m not intimidated by certain kinds of people. That’s one thing I really like about my look, and I don’t generally get approached like that. But every now and then there might be someone who has too much to drink, but I usually just walk away.

What would you describe as the occupational hazard of your chosen career?

Probably when I pull the pasties off – the nipple tassels. It’s my least favourite thing about my job; it’s not very comfortable. But I recently discovered a new kind of tape that I can use instead of the glue. It definitely changed my life. Besides that I don’t really have any (occupational hazard), but there might be a new one tomorrow.

V.I.P.

Lovely look in the black and white dress, and of course hair and makeup utter perfection

16-12-2012
V.I.P.

My Rouge Gift Set, Eau de Parfum 20 ml & Satin Shower Gel 75 ml, has arrived. I love the ruby red. I hope Luxess made Rouge cosmetics bags.

While attempting to compile my own review of Dita’s new scent, I found a review that, quite frankly, hits the nail on the head and then some:

Some weeks ago I read about the new perfume by Dita von Teese, “Rouge”, coming to stores later this year. I didn´t remember the date, I was quite sure it would pop up everywhere around christmas. Well, it happened this morning that I ran out of perfume. I´ve been using her first scent nearly every day since I started working in a place with other people in August. I love it, I really do. So I found myself standing in the drugstore this afternoon, thinking about whether to buy the small bottle or the big one when I noticed that, surprise surprise, it´s there. Rouge.

Rawr, how that sounds! I have to admit that I had high expectations so, without further thinking, I grabbed the bottle and gave my wrists a nice little shower. And then … I wrinkled my nose. That was not what I expected. Rouge starts as a very warm, very heavy, rich, seductive smell with a vintage (read: old ladyish) note. It produces images of velvet (red, indeed), huge pillows, tasseled curtains, dimmed light and even a 19th century high class prostitute in the center of it all, Hollywood style. That´s not a bad thing, really! At that point I thought my review would sound as follows: “Perfect for that special night when you want to lay someone in style!” Of course I didn´t buy it. It´s nothing I´d wear at work and that touch of old lady annoyed me. So I thought. I went on doing my grocery shopping, sniffing my wrist again and again and again. One hour later the old lady had disappeared and made space for an autumnal, woody note and spices that reminded me of christmas. At that point it slowly started to grow on me. And I kept sniffing and sniffing. It´s been nearly 4 hours now and I´m still sniffing. I already have a slight headache and am a bit dizzy. And I love it. I love the warm scent and the spicy tones. It´s totally addictive. It still feels a bit you´re trying to lay someone, but with class. It´s still velvet, but not as a bed sheet. It´s a fancy red dress. It´s a Film Noir, filled in beautiful red flacons. Something Raymond Chandler would have written a whole page about. And yes, I will buy it. Not as my everyday scent, I´ll stick with Ditas debut for that purpose, but for those days when I feel a little more “Rawr!”.

V.I.P.

Dita Von Teese
by Lizzy Sullivan

V.I.P.

Cosmopolitan (India)
photography by Vishesh Verma

V.I.P.

Dita Von Teese Launches Perfume Range At Fred Segal

V.I.P.

Con...

V.I.P.

con...

V.I.P.

Glamour (Germany)

photography by Thomas Whiteside, Ali Mahdavi

These are from the The Ellements of Personal Style (2010) photo shoot.

V.I.P.

Celebs Front Row at London Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 ft Dita von Teese

appears from 0:00 to 0:07

V.I.P.

Cointreau Ambassador of Libations - Cannes Film Festival 2013

The Making of My Private Cointreau Coffret

V.I.P.

V.I.P.

"When somebody says, 'I don't think she's pretty,' I look at them and think, 'Wow, I never noticed how ugly you were before.'" Dita Von Teese doesn't judge anyone's style or beauty and doesn't think you should, either. At the US launch for her two fragrances (Dita Von Teese and Rouge) in LA over the weekend, Dita dished on how she gained the confidence to become who she is today. Not only that, but Dita, who used to be a blonde, revealed her surprising secret to attaining clear skin

Last edited by LittleMsSunshine; 19-12-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dita, teese, von