How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2013
V.I.P.

purple DIARY Photos #10-14

pocketvenus.wordpress.com

18-03-2013
V.I.P.

Dita Von Teese on VH1′s Big Morning Buzz

V.I.P.

E! Online: Dita Von Teese Teases New Lingerie Collection, Urges Us to Stock Up: “You Never Know Where You’ll Lose Those Things”

When it comes to the bare essentials, burlesque queen Dita Von Teese knows how to strip things down to the elements that seduce her the most.

“Glamour and beauty and luxury,” she purrs, “and marry that with fit and function and attainability.”

The raven-haired siren is talking about her new line of vintage-inspired lingerie—which is set to launch on April 23—and she tells this to us as she sits perched on a velvet couch in a speakeasy-like backroom of the trendy Manhattan boîte The Lion.

Dita Von Teese stuns in first 3-D printed dress

If there’s one thing to know about the sultry burlesque superstar, it is this: She doesn’t utter her words. She coos them: lilting, wistful, soigné. The effect is oddly hypnotic, amplified by the pinup-girl mystique that she so deftly cultivates for herself—for our chat, she wears a black pencil-cut dress and ’40s-era gold brooch, her hair cascading into Bettie Page-esque curls.

Dita’s lingerie line is nothing new. It’s been available, under her Von Follies label, in Europe, Australia and online. But the new collection is about to reach its widest market yet via Dita’s partnership with HSN, which is putting considerable promotional muscle behind the line’s big U.S. expansion.

It was an enterprise that Dita was perfectly prepped for.

“I worked in a lingerie store when I was a teenager—it was my first job, and I worked for 10 years selling lingerie,” she explains. “I learned a lot about how women are very specific about what kind of shapes and styles they like: briefs, thongs, bikinis, all those different options.”

Prices for the items in her collection won’t break the bank: They go from $25 to $45. And although they’re glazed with sensuality—leopard print and lace are clear staples of her aesthetic—the pieces are both inclusive and carefully thought out.

“It was important to me to be able to offer lots of different styles,” she says about the collection, whose sizing options range from petite to plus-size. “Women are just very specific, and I thought a lot about that: I thought about the things that I, personally, want in my lingerie wardrobe.”

And what she wants can pretty much be distilled into a simple edict.

“I like to be comfortable,” she insists. “Even if I like high-style glamour, I also love finding ways of being comfortable and glamorous at the same time”—two qualities, she quips, that are not always easy to meld.

As for her tips on how to best shop for items in her collection, Dita offers advice that is both practical and, well, vintage Von Teese.

“I think it’s important to always not just buy one pair of panty—buy at least two,” she says, teasingly. “You gotta have backup—you never know where you’re gonna lose those things.”

V.I.P.

Some Dita Gifs i made, from her Cointreau Promo, source of video Youtube.com

backstage pass

Dita Von Teese leaving Smashbox Studio's in West Hollywood, CA - March 26 2013

splash

28-03-2013
fashion insider

Love this woman.

V.I.P.

That plum dress looks amazing on her color and style suits her

V.I.P.

Dita Von Teese attends Mika Concert

V.I.P.

Dita Von Teese at “The Beauty Detox Foods” Book Launch Party

V.I.P.

Dita Von Teese On Lingerie And Burlesque (video)
by Hollywood Life

V.I.P.

E! Online: Dita Von Teese’s 3 Rules for Flaunting Retro Makeup
by Alexis L. Loinaz

Burlesque queen Dita Von Teese knows a thing or two about retro beauty: The milky-skinned siren has conjured an entire persona by drawing on a vintage vibe that melds the sensuality of a Varga girl with the kittenish playfulness of Bettie Page.

We recently chatted with the sultry star at the launch of her new lingerie line and she shared her tips and tricks on how to pull off retro makeup with can-do flair—and nope, you don’t need your own supersize martini-glass bathtub to turn heads while doing it.

1. Rock a Red Lip: “I think red lipstick looks good on every woman,” Dita says about this retro-glam must-have. “She just has to find the right red lipstick. I’m a big fan of a matte red lip because it’s easier to wear, and it’s always classic and always elegant.”

2. Go for a Matte Skin: “I love like clear, beautiful, matte skin,” she shares. “It’s always an essential of retro-style makeup, I think. I like a powdered matte finish.”

3. Find Your Old-School Pop-Culture Inspiration: Not everything comes down to makeup and accessories: Dita says that a big part of her retro beauty secret is finding the right old-school inspiration to get her in the right mood. “I like to watch a lot of old movies. That always does it for me,” she says. “I always feel inspired by movies with beautiful, glamorous costumes. And I love musicals. I always go for those 1940s-era Technicolor films with big musical numbers.”

V.I.P.

Beauty Blitz: Dita Von Teese Shares Her Red Lip Tricks, the Real Reason Behind Her Fragrance
By Klaudia Kaczmarek

Want to smell and look like the Queen of Burlesque? I mean, no one can look as stunning as Dita Von Teese. The woman is strikingly beautiful and poised. But her sophisticated fragrances and 1940s-inspired lingerie can make any woman feel like a pin-up girl. This April, the burlesque dancer, model, and actress will debut select pieces from her Von Follies lingerie collection (tons of lace, mesh and velvet ribbons) and her two fragrances, Dita Von Teese and Rouge, on HSN. It’s her largest mass retail partnership yet! I got to sit down with the Dita to talk about her fragrances (you won’t believe the inspiration behind them) and how she gets that drop-dead-gorgeous red lip.

Klaudia Kaczmarek: What was the inspiration behind your fragrance?

Dita Von Teese: Well I was living in Paris and had a new boyfriend. Two weeks into the relationship he confessed to me that I wore the same perfume that his mother wore. So, of course, I had to change my perfume. Around the same time I was approached to make my own, so it was the perfect opportunity to create my own signature scent that is completely unique. I wanted something very womanly, glamorous, and sophisticated. There are no elements of gourmand, lemons, fruit, candy or any girlish things in my perfumes. They are very sophisticated and stylish.

KK: What was the fragrance your boyfriend spoke of?

DVT: It was a fragrance called Quelques Fleurs. It’s a very old French fragrance. It is also a very expensive perfume so I had the challenge of creating an attainable signature scent that has that luxurious expensive scent to it.

KK: Tell me about your fascination with red lipstick.

DVT: I was about 14 years old when I suddenly discovered what lipstick can do for the face – how a vibrant color can change the way you feel. I’ve just had a love affair with lipstick ever since. I love bright colors on the lips. I love matte bright orange, fuchsia, burgundy, dark fuchsia – all different shades of red. It’s more than just red for me. It’s that splash of color that makes a difference in my day-to-day life. It’s an easy way to get glamorous quickly.

KK: What’s the trick to getting your perfect red lip?

DVT: I always line with lip liner first. I really like a deep lip liner. I choose something darker than my lip color at times because I like the depth a deep, magenta-tone red can do to any color of red lipstick. So I always line and fill in my entire lip with lip liner. Then I go over it with the lipstick straight from the tube. I also go around the edges at the end with lip liner again – that’s my little trick.

KK: Besides red lipstick, what other beauty product can’t you live without?

DVT: Sunscreen is really important in my life. I’ve managed to reverse sun damage that I had from not understanding how important it is to use sunscreen when I was younger. So I’d say sunscreen is very important to me. Face powder, also, because I love the way red lipstick looks on matte skin.

KK: What inspired your signature half moon manicure? I know your mom was a manicurist; did she play a role in that?

DVT: I started doing the half moon manicure around 1990 because I was looking at all these vintage photographs from the 1940s. And if you look really closely, some of the women left the moons bare. So that’s when I first started having my mother replicate that retro style manicure. I’ve been wearing it for 20 years.

KK: What other tricks have you learned from being in front of the camera and on stage?

DVT: I always try to analyze how I look later. I do my own makeup for the red carpet so I’m always analyzing what works and what doesn’t. Lighting changes everything so I learn as much as I can about lighting and how stage lighting affects colors. In general, I just don’t think it’s a bad idea to analyze the work in photos later just to see what kind of makeup to wear for any kind of snapshot photos; to see how it looks under a different light.

Catch Dita on HSN on April 23rd and shop the Von Follies collection at HSN.com on March 23rd!

V.I.P.

Dita Von Teese Out In LA

V.I.P.

Dita Von Teese and Lady Gaga

V.I.P.

Harper’s Bazaar (Singapore) February, 2013
photography by Gan

Tags