Eddie Redmayne (born 6 January 1982) is an English actor.
Redmayne attended Eton College, and went on to study History of Art at Trinity College, Cambridge, from where he graduated with a 2:1 in 2003. He performed with the National Youth Music Theatre, and made his professional stage debut for Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in Twelfth Night at the Middle Temple Hall in 2002.
He won the award for Outstanding Newcomer at the 50th Evening Standard Theatre Awards (2004) for his performance in Edward Albee's The Goat, or Who is Sylvia?, and the award for Best Newcomer at the Critics' Circle Theatre Awards in 2005. So far, he has starred in three films based on the Tudor period.
In 2008, he became a model for Burberry.
* Tess of the d'Urbervilles (2008) (filming)
* Powder Blue (2008) (post-production)
* Yellow Handkerchief (2008)
* The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)
* Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007)
* Savage Grace (2007) (wrap)
* The Good Shepherd (2006)
* Like Minds (2006)
* Elizabeth I (2005)