Elizabeth (Lizzie) Olsen - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-12-2016
trendsetter

agree, but I think it's difficult for her... she is very hollywoody to be taken seriously as someone to be involved in very indie films... and yet she tries to keep a low profile, with no social media and not a lot of appareance so she isn't getting big roles. It seems to me her career (despite she is working a lot) is a bt stagnant.
I think I read on an interview that she isn't very interested on big things...

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunyaSchick View Post
agree, but I think it's difficult for her... she is very hollywoody to be taken seriously as someone to be involved in very indie films... and yet she tries to keep a low profile, with no social media and not a lot of appareance so she isn't getting big roles. It seems to me her career (despite she is working a lot) is a bt stagnant.
Not to contradict, but she has a recurring role in the Avengers series, which are very large-scale films and also did the blockbuster Godzilla.

While those aren't films I was interested in viewing, I agree she is a very very talented actress and her indie features are very good.

She's also got four pre- and post-production films going right now in addition to the yet-to-be-released Avengers flick, so I wouldn't call her career at all stagnant.

I would normally say that you are right about actresses needing to make appearances and resort to frequent social media use, but she luckily came from an immensely famous and powerful family. In fact, she has had some level of fame even as a child without even trying, so I think her real goal is to stay away from fame. She saw the effects first hand the evils of it. I think she just took the big budget roles to free up the ability to only do passion projects.

I think her daily style is pretty low maintenance and comfortable and I do like her personal choices, though her red carpet outfits are a bit hit-and-miss for me. Maybe it's because she so often looks a little uncomfortable at events.

Sorry, I didn't mean to rant on that one, I just have a lot of respect for her career projection and think she's doing a lot of things right, actually.

15-12-2016
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunyaSchick View Post
Wait, what does this mean? Besides, The Avengers films and Godzilla, all of her films have been indie. I associate her with Martha Marcy May Marlene and it doesn't get any more indie than that.

She has two potentially good projects at Sundance next month.

Feeding America & LA Regional Food Bank Host "Hope For The Holidays" Celebrity Volunteer Event With Para Los Nino's
10 Dec 2016 - Para Los Ninos Gratts Primary Center - Los Angeles, California United States

elizabeth-olsen.com

08-01-2017
fashion insider

6th Annual Sean Penn & Friends HAITI RISING Gala Benefiting J/P Haitian Relief Organization - Arrivals
07 Jan 2017 - Montage Beverly Hills - Beverly Hills, California United States

hawtcelebs.com

08-01-2017
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohji View Post
Wait, what does this mean? Besides, The Avengers films and Godzilla, all of her films have been indie. I associate her with Martha Marcy May Marlene and it doesn't get any more indie than that.

She has two potentially good projects at Sundance next month.

Feeding America & LA Regional Food Bank Host "Hope For The Holidays" Celebrity Volunteer Event With Para Los Nino's
10 Dec 2016 - Para Los Ninos Gratts Primary Center - Los Angeles, California United States

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES
Except for MMMM her other films have not received very good critics... because indeed they were lame... That's what I meant.

And in the big blockbusters she was in, she was always cast on relatively small roles.

I would not consider her a top rank actress, in blockbusters or indie films. You don't need to be überfamous to be part of the second group.

Last edited by jexxica; 08-01-2017 at 09:27 AM.

09-01-2017
fashion insider

Actress Elizabeth Olsen attends NBCUniversal's 74th Annual Golden Globes After Party at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 8, 2017 in Beverly Hills, California.

zimbio.com

09-01-2017
backstage pass

oh no the panties she should have chosen a more matching shade or something..

trendsetter

her last two outfits are awful! hair is ok, but outfit and make-up

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMemory View Post
oh no the panties she should have chosen a more matching shade or something..
I actually wonder if the flash from the cameras made it see-though or the panties see-able.
I hardly doubt she (as the sister from fashion designers) would step out knowing this dilemma

11-01-2017
V.I.P.

Marie Claire’s Image Maker Awards in West Hollywood, January 10

celebmafia

fashion insider

The entire bust is see-through in that black and whit dress too :/
The pink with the dark lip looks odd.

16-01-2017
V.I.P.

Alex & Ani Host ROCK4EB! With Sting and Chris Cornell in Malibu, January 14

celebmafia

i'm almost ready..

^she always looks so beautiful at these casual events and in her street style... just radiant & natural with a really effortless way of putting things together. it's odd how different her red carpet style gets... it's so inconsistent with what seems like her 'real' style.

21-01-2017
V.I.P.

'Ingrid Goes West' panel discussion during the 2017 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah - January 20, 2017

starity.hu

V.I.P.

'Ingrid Goes West' premiere during 2017 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah - January 20, 2017

At the Deadline Hollywood Studio during 2017 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah - January 20, 2017

starity.hu

Tags
elizabeth, lizzie, olsen