How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-05-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
It's not every day a magazine's editor in chief conducts a cover story interview herself. In fact, it's quite rare. But when 16-year-old Maleficent star Elle Fanning was chosen to grace our June/July 2014 cover (her second for Teen Vogue—she was just 13 the first time around!), self-proclaimed "superfan" Amy Astley wouldn't have it any other way.

In Paris for fashion week, the pair sat down for tea between shows. Here, a sneak peek of their chat:

Elle on dressing for herself versus dressing for boys: "Well, I want a boy to like my weird style. If he doesn't, then he's not the right person for me. Because if you start dressing one way and it's not truly you, then you have to stick to it. Otherwise, you wear your weird thing and then he's like, "What's that?" and you're like, "Well, I like it!" And then you are in an uncomfortable situation."

On her makeup style: "I just feel like it's better, looking fresh. It's also sexier not wearing any makeup at all. Like, honestly, if you talk to guys, they'll all think that."

On working with Maleficent co-star Angelina Jolie: "When I met her, she gave me a huge hug and she took my shoulders and said, "We are going to have the best time working together!" And we did—we had the best time! She has a huge presence. She would walk around set all the time with her giant Maleficent staff because she said she had to get used to it—she said it had to become a part of her, since Maleficent and the staff are so connected. Everyone would just stare at her! With the cheekbones, the staff just made her more like..."Oh my god!"

The items she can't live without: "My Barbie calendar in my room. I put all the details of my day on it. And...it's so weird, but I save gum wrappers. Like, I have thousands of Double Bubble and Bazooka. I put them all in a Chanel shoe box."

teenvogue.com

21-05-2014
V.I.P.

'Maleficent' Press Conference Vera Anderson Portraits (2014.05.20.)

starity.hu

V.I.P.

Elle Fanning is seen arriving at "The Jimmy Kimmel Show'. May 21, 2014.

Elle Fanning is seen on the 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' Show. May 21, 2014

zimbio

V.I.P.

Elle Fanning x ASOS

Quote:
Elle Fanning is easily one of the world's coolest 16-year-olds. She's friends with the Rodarte sisters and Kirsten Dunst, one of the faces of Miu Miu and now as ASOS magazine covergirl. Girl's got it made. The retailer recently chatted with Elle who stars as Princess Aurora in the upcoming Maleficent with Angelina Jolie. Read some highlights from the interview below! No wonder Rookie founder and Oyster #104 gal Tavi Gevinson called her "the best instant-happiness supplier of all."

On Karl Lagerfeld:
"I've known him for a while, ever since he did a shoot with my sister when she was 12. He's just so cool, such an interesting guy, with his fingerless gloves and his Diet Coke. The Chanel couture show was the first one I ever went to, so that was special to me. I remember sitting there with my mouth completely dropping."

On meeting Beyonce at the Met Ball:
"I was 13 and I was with my sister, who knew that I loved Beyonce so much and wanted to meet her. Dakota was talking to her and introduced me, but I couldn't really say anything. Beyonce turned around and she was glowing. She said, 'You look so cute!'. She was really cool."

On London shopping:
"I love the vintage shopping too, especially at Rockit. In LA, the vintage stores can be expensive and all very dressy, but in London it's more practical, a little more rugged and I like that. I like Selfridges too, and my mum loves Liberty and Cath Kidston."

oystermag.com

trendsetter

She is so adorable!!!

28-05-2014
.my prison is your brain.

Whomever shot those ASOS pictures should be working for Teen Vogue, which sounds like an insult, but I actually mean it as a compliment: the pictures are fresh, flattering, youthful, and light-years better than anything I've seen in Teen Vogue over the past few years.

28-05-2014
V.I.P.

Just got that ASOS Magazine in the mail today. Really cute editorial and I always enjoy reading her interviews. She always sounds enthusiastic.

Quote:
Leaving the nail salon on May 21, 2014.

Quote:
'Maleficent' actress Elle Fanning stops to grab a salad in Studio City, California on May 24, 2014.
Quote:

Out in New York on May 12, 2014.

hdutopia, hawtcelebs, bellazon

28-05-2014
V.I.P.

Mark Williams & Sara Kirahawa for Fashion (2014)

starity.hu

trendsetter

Such gorgeous shots!!

28-05-2014
V.I.P.

Maleficent world premiere

@YahooMovies tw

fashion elite

Perfect choice, both her and Angelina!

28-05-2014
backstage pass

Such a pretty gown. But, that chocker . Should have gone bare neck.
It's Elie Saab.
Quote:
Actress Elle Fanning attends the World Premiere of Disney's "Maleficent" at the El Capitan Theatre on May 28, 2014 in Hollywood, California.

zimbio

29-05-2014
backstage pass

Agree completely! Love the dress, hate the choker.

29-05-2014
V.I.P.

Very beautiful! the dress fits her perfectly

01-06-2014
V.I.P.

Elle Fanning and a male friend spotted out and about in Los Feliz, California on June 1, 2014.

zimbio

Tags
elle, fanning