How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-09-2011
V.I.P.

and if she´s dressen for paps, so what? everyone is dressing for someone, otherwise we´d run around naked!

02-09-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
I disagree! She's a teenager enjoying the fashion she has on-hand, experimenting with whatever she personally likes. I miss being able to do that!
I agree with you, her interest in fashion is the most obvious thing t me about this set, she is clearly jumping on the 60s mod trend that was all over the F/W 11.12 catwalks. I do sort of see loladonna's point though, it seems she certainly enjoys the paparazzi and attention much more than her sister does.

02-09-2011
tfs star

And that kind of disappoint me. She really doesn't need it. She is such a talented girl. I like jer style but pandering to the paps is a huge turn off.

04-09-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
And that kind of disappoint me. She really doesn't need it. She is such a talented girl. I like jer style but pandering to the paps is a huge turn off.

I don't think it's fair to judge her like this. If I had access to all the clothes she does and I was barely 13 years old, I'd love to get my picture taken. She's not an adult and she probably views it more as a "Oh cool, I get to show off my new dress!" than an invasion of privacy.

04-09-2011
front row

I think she doesn't dress for paps! C'mon, she's not dressed up while leaving ballet class, although they always take pics of her.

04-09-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofVERSAILLES View Post
I don't think it's fair to judge her like this. If I had access to all the clothes she does and I was barely 13 years old, I'd love to get my picture taken. She's not an adult and she probably views it more as a "Oh cool, I get to show off my new dress!" than an invasion of privacy.
Just because she doesn't see anything wrong with it, doesn't mean that the wrong is automatically eliminated. I'll be the first to admit that pretty much anybody who is the least bit interested in fashion, dresses to some extent to get noticed. I think we're all guilty of that in some capacity.

It's a thin line, but dressing up so that she can have her photo taken (if that is in fact what she's doing) is what's known as attention-seeking. It's the habit of stars like Kim Kardashian and Kate Bosworth who don't have anything else to sell themselves on BUT aesthetic. She's better than that. She's got the talent and the beauty to garner the right kind of attention. I'm not saying she's anywhere near as bad as the aforementioned two because she is rather young, but this is ringing slightly narcissistic. Not saying that's what she is, but that's what it's looking like. Particularly when her sister is still seen as the bigger star yet we've got way more photos of Elle in a month than we have ever gotten of Dakota in that same time frame.

Now by contrast, when you look at someone like Cate Blanchett, who is a good actress and does care about fashion, you can see that she really is someone who has fun with it. But there aren't two or three photoshoots of her within a week.

And that's the end of my rant, because I do still love Elle and her style, and I appreciate that she deserves alot more slack given that she's way younger and may not understand the implications of what she's doing. If she is in fact doing that.

Last edited by chickadee; 04-09-2011 at 01:17 PM.

05-09-2011
V.I.P.

Getting Starbucks in Santa Monica - September 3, 2011

tlfan

05-09-2011
V.I.P.

Thirteen and drinking cofee? LOL. Anyway, a lovely dress, but I don't like how yellow her hair looks.

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

^i was thinking the same thing, i certainly wasn't allowed to drink coffee at that age

Out in Studio City - September 5, 2011

tlfan

Last edited by Alvedansen; 06-09-2011 at 03:39 PM.

06-09-2011
front row

This is the first of all her recent looks I actually like. Yellow really suits her and her hair looks way better when it's straightened/blown out.

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

I love the yellow on her! I don't think the boots really go with this though.

06-09-2011
backstage pass

I've never noticed this before but Elle reminds me (looks-wise) so much of Rosamund Pike.

tlfan & celebscentral

06-09-2011
tfs star

Finally!

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

@hedur: Yeah, I see it. They could totally play relatives in a movie.
They have very similar features.

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Elle Fanning and a gal pal stop to look at some cats up for adoption on Sunday afternoon (September 4) in Santa Monica, Calif.
After passing the adoption, the 13-year-old actress and her friend headed to the ABS by Allen Schwartz boutique for a little retail therapy.
While we wait for more news about Elle’s upcoming movie, Twixt, JJJ can tell you that The Nutcracker: The Untold Story is hitting Blu-ray and DVD shelves on November 1st.
In the flick, Elle plays Mary, a little girl whose godfather gives her a special doll one Christmas Eve. JJJ Note: The movie was formerly titled The Nutcracker in 3D.

justjaredjr

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, april, elle, fanning, november