How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-04-2011
backstage pass

Is she for real? Thigh high socks and leopard shoes, she looks a little 'pretty woman'.
I was wondering why she was photographed almost everyday, calling the paps herself does explain it.

02-04-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsid33 View Post
she looks silly...trying so hard to be a harda$$. i wish young girls wouldn't start smoking just to give off a "im tough" image. it's 2011, there is no other real legit reason for people as young as her to just pick up smoking. EVERYBODY knows it kills you...nobody genuinely enjoys it the first time they try. its all about propaganda...and trying to be the next "it" girl...which is so sad and pathetic. her style is decent...but it has evolved into one that is stylistically appreciated, only on those who are hangers.
She's twenty years old. I don't like smoking either, but she's an adult and is capable of making her own decisions regarding what she does to her body and health.

I find her street style to be hit-and-miss. I love some looks, others have me screaming in horror at my laptop.

And regarding paparazzi, it's VERY common for celebrities (or rather, their publicists) to call them up. It's a very funny game Hollywood plays.

03-04-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineJane View Post
She's twenty years old. I don't like smoking either, but she's an adult and is capable of making her own decisions regarding what she does to her body and health.

I find her street style to be hit-and-miss. I love some looks, others have me screaming in horror at my laptop.

And regarding paparazzi, it's VERY common for celebrities (or rather, their publicists) to call them up. It's a very funny game Hollywood plays.
i guess i was trying to say (in a pc way)...that nobody (teen or adult) living in this era decides to just casually pick up smoking....unless they are actively trying to exude a certain "tough" image/persona. because smoking is no longer considered glamorous the way it was in the past decades. it's no longer a sign of social class (like in the early 20th century). people are well aware of the health-risks involved. i feel like celebs (and to a lesser extent, the general public) start smoking (and make an effort to get photographed doing it) b/c they either want to 1) suppress appetite 2) lose their childish image 3) want to seem mysteriously alluring.

with all that said...speaking from a completely vain point of view...i think some people can "pull-off" the cigarettes (and succeed in looking cool/tough/hot). and some people just can not! emma roberts falling into the latter.

regarding her recent style: i wish she would dress more like posts #175 and #178 and less like a H.A.M with those thigh-high socks and raggedy tanks. classy always beats trashy.

03-04-2011
tfs star

for a girl who is quite short (5'2), she has amazingly long legs that make her look much taller, especially in those heels.

as for the smoking, there are so many celebrities that do it. some of them are very open about it (kristen stewart, katherine heigl) and some try to hide it (megan fox, kate bosworth). I think it's mainly related to #1 in your list of reasons. But also because Hollywood is a very social industry that is built upon connections/networking. What better conversation starter than going out and joining someone for a smoke?

03-04-2011
V.I.P.

^^^that's why i don't get the outcry, it's so normal for these girls to call up the paps. at least she doesn't fake relationships (like Ashley Greene)

HQs - On Sunset Plaza in Los Angeles - April 2, 2011

tlfan

03-04-2011
V.I.P.

tlfan

03-04-2011
V.I.P.

OH my GOD EMMA!
I'm officially worried...she's one of the cutest dressed celebs out there, and I'm beginning to worry it's going to be a thing of the past. I sure hope not!

03-04-2011
front row

She's trying way too hard in those recent candids.

03-04-2011
rising star

that outfit with the knee socks practically screams Taylor Momsen :p

03-04-2011
V.I.P.

to bad for words

03-04-2011
V.I.P.

Leaving a house party in Hollywood - April 2, 2011

tlfan

03-04-2011
V.I.P.

That's a cute casual outfit. I like the red bag (looks like Chanel).
She always looks so sickly to me though.
I think it's the hair. She needs to go back to brunette.

Last edited by sobriquet87; 03-04-2011 at 12:56 PM.

03-04-2011
V.I.P.

Have to say, I'm jealous of her legs. Like someone said, she's short but you wouldn't guess. She looks taller than most celebs who are 5'7 etc. Good proportions

03-04-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Hiding from the paparazzi isn't as hard as some celebrities claim.
yeah so unfortunately I assume that it's true that she calls the paps herself - that would explain some of her terrible 'costumes' a la Pretty-Woman-2011 then...

04-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
Well this latest outfit is very Lindsay Lohan
Going from lindsay Lohan to Taylor Mombsen.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, april, emma, january, roberts