How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

celebutopia

13-06-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

Too bad the dress doesn't fit well because she really looks gorgeous. Her make-up is very beautiful and I absolutely love the shoes choice.

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

I like the dress at the press conference, but the brown one doesn't suit her. it looks huge and doesn't favor her frame. she looks lovely with that hair and jewelry though....

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

^ I agree. She's got such a tiny frame, I don't think dresses of this nature really do her any favours.

Although I must say, her looks are never repetitive The Rochas dress might not have been the greatest choice but I love that she's exploring different designers and looks

[and everytime she laughs. she hopes he's watching.
so he can fall for her smile. just as hard as she fell for his.]
<3

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

Love the orange Rue du Mail dress more than the Rochas.

Can't wait to get her Vogue.

13-06-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by frieda View Post
Not sure how I feel about the Vogue cover or her landing a Vogue cover before some of the other top Hollywood girls.
Considering she's one of the most fashionable and (usually) dressed to a tee, I think it's perfect that she's made it on before others. She's consistently on Best Dressed lists and has a flawless style on and off the carpet. Okay, maybe one or two flaws but otherwise perfect.

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frieda View Post
That Japan premiere outfit is beyond FUG. Emma's a tiny girl and that dress just makes her look like a balloon. I'm also not a fan of that Kirsten Dunst looking hair.

I love the Rue du Mail dress on her instead of the runway version (though, would've been nice to see someone run a steamer down it to let out the wrinkles...).

Not sure how I feel about the Vogue cover or her landing a Vogue cover before some of the other top Hollywood girls.
I think she's pretty much due considering she's one of the top it-girls of the moment. Covers for Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Mila Kunis and Mia Wasikowska seem to be inevitable, but Diane Kruger, Zoe Saldana, January Jones and Amy Adams should all at least have one cover already.

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 13-06-2012 at 07:53 PM.

13-06-2012
backstage pass

I don't want this to sound aggressive, but I'm curious as to who you think deserves a Vogue cover more than her. She's pretty much the one Hollywood startlet that nobody can figure out how to hate in any arena.

eta that being said, I can't believe Zoe Saldana hasn't had one yet, but if she didn't get one throughout the Avatar hype I don't know if she ever will.

Last edited by mcgowan; 13-06-2012 at 07:57 PM.

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

Hopefully she might nab one for Star Trek 2 next year.

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

Wow very impressed with her Vogue cover, definitely one of their best covers of the year she looks so sexy and sultry. And Im loving all her looks on the press tour so far, the Rochas dress is such a chic look and love the sparkly shoes

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgowan View Post
I don't want this to sound aggressive, but I'm curious as to who you think deserves a Vogue cover more than her. She's pretty much the one Hollywood startlet that nobody can figure out how to hate in any arena.

eta that being said, I can't believe Zoe Saldana hasn't had one yet, but if she didn't get one throughout the Avatar hype I don't know if she ever will.
I'm curious as well! Do share frieda

[and everytime she laughs. she hopes he's watching.
so he can fall for her smile. just as hard as she fell for his.]
<3

13-06-2012
tfs star

I don't know about Frieda, but I think it's interesting that Zoe was brought into this conversation. I don't profess to be any kind of expert on the fashion industry, but I think it's easy to ignore because no one wants to talk about the issue of race. And I hate to say it, but I do think that if Mia Wasikowska had had Avatar and Star Trek under her belt all in one year, she would have a Vogue cover by now. Mia seems to prefer sticking to independent or drama films right now, otherwise I don't know why she doesn't have a cover 'cause girl is the epitome of a clotheshorse. But I can't think of any other reason why Zoe doesn't have a Vogue cover by now considering she's apart of two extremely popular franchises to Emma's one, and moreover has starred in a string of action films that--albeit not always successful--have increased her popularity.

13-06-2012
fashion insider

I think Emma should DEFINITELY have gotten/get a Vogue cover at some point but I feel like she's just now starting out and branching out with style, so her cover is premature. No doubt she always makes the Best dressed lists and is always a hit. I thought this of Rooney Mara chosen as a cover subject, too. I don't think I'd have had a problem if Emma was featured on the cover during The Help era, just seems like Vogue is handing out predictable covers.

Diane Kruger, Zoe Saldana, there are a lot of women who haven't gotten a Vogue cover that need to.

14-06-2012
I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
But I can't think of any other reason why Zoe doesn't have a Vogue cover by now considering she's apart of two extremely popular franchises to Emma's one, and moreover has starred in a string of action films that--albeit not always successful--have increased her popularity.
Not to mention she's the face of Calvin Klein. Emma has been overdue, but so is Zoe. I just wish women of color didn't have to be so over the top famous just to get a cover unlike white girls (Jessica Biel, Blake Lively, Rooney Mara).

But Emma definitely "deserves" this cover and she does look lovely on it.

14-06-2012
trendsetter

Peersonally, I've never really found Emma to be drop dead beautiful face-wise or particularly sexy (like Jennifer Lawrence or Scarlett Johansson). She's very pretty, in the girl next door sort of way, and she's got oodles of charm, charisma and screen presence. I wouldn't go as far as to suggest she's got a great personal style, but her red carpet looks are almost always flawless. I don't think I can ever recall her looking bad in an outfit, and as often as not she looks as cute as a button.

As for a Vogue cover - I think she certainly deserves one. I mean, along with Jennifer Lawrence, she's got to be one of the most successful young actresses in Hollywood, certainly more popular and successful than Emma Watson or Blake Lively. I mean, Emma Watson's success is entirely attributable to the Potter films, and those films would've been equally successful irrespective of who played Hermione, and Blake Lively is yet to have a hit where she's on the screen for more than 20 minutes.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, emma, february, july, stone