How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
Not to mention she's the face of Calvin Klein. Emma has been overdue, but so is Zoe. I just wish women of color didn't have to be so over the top famous just to get a cover unlike white girls (Jessica Biel, Blake Lively, Rooney Mara).

But Emma definitely "deserves" this cover and she does look lovely on it.
I think more than race, per se, it boils down to whom Anna Wintour likes.

I mean, nonentities like Sienna Miller (OK, so she might have a sense of personal style, but so do scores of others) and Blake Lively have been on the cover of Vogue, whereas more deserving - and I daresay, attractive - actresses like Jessica Chastain haven't yet had covers or have had covers after decades (Meryl Streep). Besides, Wintour has her own little group of favourites - both celebrities and models - whom she likes to rotate.

And lastly, how much does a Vogue cover really matter, in the larger scheme of things. Being on People, Hello, OK, Glamour, InStyle etc means you've reaching out to a wider readership.

14-06-2012
Mr. Magic

Quote:
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA - JUNE 14: Actress Emma Stone attends 'The Amazing Spider-Man' press conference at Ritz Carlton Hotel on June 14, 2012 in Seoul, South Korea. The film will open on June 28, 2012 in South Korea. (Photo by Han Myung-Gu/WireImage)

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

14-06-2012
V.I.P.

Love it!:p
The top is Burberry isn't it?

14-06-2012
Mr. Magic

Yes, the skirt is also by Burberry

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

14-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Emma Stone attends the 'The Amazing Spider-Man' Seoul premiere at Lotte Cinema on June 14, 2012 in Seoul, South Korea. The film will open on June 28 in South Korea.

HQs from the press conference:

celebutopia

14-06-2012
fashion insider

I'm not hating her promo tour outfits but there's not just one so far that I'm gaga over. I love how her and her stylist are experimenting each time!

14-06-2012
tfs star

^^^Agreed. All of them have been just okay. But in my little diatribe I forgot to mention that I do like her Vogue cover. I don't typically find her DDG or sexy either, but she's cute, and she looks gorgeous on the cover.

14-06-2012
V.I.P.

Love her in the Burberry. She's really trying out lots of different looks, and in my humble opinion, she's rocking most of them.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

14-06-2012
scenester

I know it's only been a couple of press stops so far, but I have to say I've been a bit disappointed in her fashion choices. She's always on point and I've yet to really be into anything she's worn. She killed it when she was on The Help tour last year, I was hoping for more of that this time around. I know it's still early though! I do love the outfit from the Seoul Premiere.

14-06-2012
rising star

Wow, I really, REALLY hate the shoes at that premier.

The outfit at the press conference is cute though.

14-06-2012
tfs star

The South Korea premiere dress is okay, I wonder if its made by G.Valli. Its collar isn't very flattering.
I have a feeling she's saving the best outfits for the main premieres in the states and Europe.

14-06-2012
V.I.P.

I also thought it was Giambattista Valli, but it's Fendi Pre-Fall 2012:

style

14-06-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestoner View Post
I know it's only been a couple of press stops so far, but I have to say I've been a bit disappointed in her fashion choices. She's always on point and I've yet to really be into anything she's worn. She killed it when she was on The Help tour last year, I was hoping for more of that this time around. I know it's still early though! I do love the outfit from the Seoul Premiere.
Completely agree. I hope her stylist reads this forum. I appreciate how they're changing things up for every stop on the press tour but there's nothing that has stood out yet as a like of mine. Not bad, but not in love either. Maybe the best is yet to come!

15-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavonine View Post

As for a Vogue cover - I think she certainly deserves one. I mean, along with Jennifer Lawrence, she's got to be one of the most successful young actresses in Hollywood, certainly more popular and successful than Emma Watson or Blake Lively. I mean, Emma Watson's success is entirely attributable to the Potter films, and those films would've been equally successful irrespective of who played Hermione, and Blake Lively is yet to have a hit where she's on the screen for more than 20 minutes.
i think that's a tremendous presumption you're making. Emma infused Hermione with a wit, charm, warmth and spirit that made the character shine. there have been plenty of roles in huge films where people are cast who bring nothing interesting to the table. then the films ends and we never hear about them again. Emma became a genuine star because of the Harry Potter films and i think it's incredibly insulting to her decade of hard work to entirely dismiss her achievement in such a way.

anyway - to the topic at hand:

i LOVE that she's taking risks and doing things a bit different. honestly, everytime i see some young actress all styled-to-the-nines in some couture gown .. it just makes me shake my head a bit. it's not them, it's their stylists choices, there's no personal sentiment. no personal style. i always get a sense of Emma in what she wears and so i admire her for it, even though it doesn't always work. (and yes, obviously i know she also has a stylist, but she's being styled creatively or more personally, instead of just being poured into the latest gown from Elie Saab).

15-06-2012
V.I.P.

Loving her in the Fendi. Very chic.

Waiting for some Lanvin.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, emma, february, july, stone