How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-10-2011
fashion elite

i love that she is still promoting the help. aka, i love we get to see new outfits!

09-10-2011
fashion elite

Love all her looks at the premiers of "The Help" she is really becoming an actress to watch in terms of fashion plus on top of that she is a great actress.

09-10-2011
V.I.P.

She looked absolutely stunning at the German premeire in Lanvin, the color is subtle but so gorgeous on her, love the gold clutch, and the hair and makeup are beautiful chic and elegant but modern

10-10-2011
V.I.P.

Emma Stone leaving her London Hotel, Oct 6

eyeprime

10-10-2011
V.I.P.

^ OOH new bag??? It's gorgeous.

10-10-2011
V.I.P.

The bag is Lanvin.

10-10-2011
trendsetter

The pants are so blah especially if it makes her look washed out . The blue gown at the German premiere suited her so much and very effortless like.

10-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
The bag is Lanvin.
Of course. Only the best for Emma

12-10-2011
V.I.P.

Emma Stone: the young actress who is taking Hollywood by storm

With a starring role in the hotly anticipated new film The Help, Emma Stone is being touted as the movie world’s Next Big Thing – a label that makes her very nervous, she tells Lina Das

For a young woman being touted as Hollywood’s hottest young star, Emma Stone seems somehow old beyond her 22 years. It’s the voice that does it initially – this sultry purr that seems to emanate from someone approximately 40 years older (and even has its own Facebook appreciation page) – but it’s there in her mien and her attitude too. Andrew Garfield, her co-star in the forthcoming Amazing Spider-Man movie and five years her senior, was even moved to comment: ‘I have to remind myself that she’s younger than me, since she feels older than me in many ways.’

He has a point (and more about him later). Emma’s maturity manages to seep into even the adolescent roles that have made her name, including Jonah Hill’s love interest in Superbad, and the fast-talking, quick-witted high-school student she played in last year’s Easy A – a performance that won her critical acclaim, a Golden Globe nomination and a legion of fans. Not for nothing is Emma being touted as the film industry’s Next Big Thing.

It’s an observation that makes her roll her eyes in embarrassment. 'Doesn’t everybody get pinned with something like that at some point? And then people go: “Wait a minute – remember when they said this person was the next big thing and now look at them!”’ she laughs. ‘I try not to take any of that too seriously.’

Emma may not take the plaudits – or herself – too seriously, but when it comes to her work, she is resolute. Having known as a young child that she wanted to pursue a career in acting, she moved to Los Angeles from her native Arizona at the age of 15 (accompanied by her mother) and has worked solidly ever since, cornering the market in sassy yet likable teens.

‘My parents had no desire to be actors and if either of them had to do any public speaking, I think they’d probably throw up (with nerves),’ says Emma, ‘but they were very understanding about my wanting to act and were so supportive. I just want to make them proud.’

The Help is already garnering plenty of Oscar buzz, and is one of a clutch of films (including Crazy, Stupid, Love with Ryan Gosling and a cameo in the Justin Timberlake movie Friends with Benefits) that have made this a busy year for Emma. Throw in a Vanity Fair cover this summer – and her starring role as Gwen Stacy in next year’s blockbuster The Amazing Spider-Man – and all those Next Big Thing predictions are starting to look pretty accurate.

On screen it is Emma’s inherent vitality and humour which set her apart from other Hollywood starlets, and in person it’s even more apparent. Even curled up on the sofa with her 5in heels discarded on the floor, it’s easy to see why she was ranked tenth on People magazine’s Most Beautiful List this year (above Eva Longoria, though below Zac Efron). Mention it now, however, and she starts laughing. ‘It’s incredibly nice of them to say so, but you have no idea how much sh*t I got back home from everyone when they saw that!’ she says. ‘All my friends tease me about it.’

She’s even become something of a style icon with her slightly edgy red-carpet look, ‘and although it’s only recently that I’ve been exposed to the world of fashion,’ she says, ‘I’m really starting to understand the art of putting a look together. I love Louis Vuitton, Lanvin and Chanel. I’m aiming high, I know, but I figure I might as well go for it!’ she laughs. ‘I don’t think I could actually buy any of it, but it’s fun to wear for a night.’ Fans hoping that she might forgo her designer apparel to do nude scenes on screen will be in for a long wait. ‘My dad would kill me if I posed naked,’ she admits. ‘He wouldn’t speak to me again and I really love my dad, so that’s always something that makes me a little nervous.’

She’s only half-joking, because there’s no doubt that Emma’s family continues to have a huge influence on her. Born in Scottsdale, Arizona, she and her younger brother Spencer grew up with, according to Emma, ‘the coolest parents in the world’ (her father Jeff is a contractor; her mother Krista a housewife). ‘They taught us responsibility and the need to own up to our actions,’ she says, ‘and that honesty really is the only policy. I’ve never lied to my parents about anything,’ she admits. ‘They basically turned me into Pinocchio. I’ve told them things you don’t really want to tell the truth about…’ teasingly, Emma refuses to elaborate, ‘and they wouldn’t punish me because we talked it over and it was all out in the open. It made me never want to be irresponsible, and I’ve never wanted to drink and drive or any of that stuff since they’d always offer to pick me up, so why bother doing it?’

She starred in her first play at the age of 11 (a regional theatre production of The Wind in the Willows), and by 15 was so intent on an acting career that she secured an agent, dropped out of high school – ‘although I was home-schooled and graduated with an equivalency degree’ (similar to a high-school diploma) – and moved to LA with her mother in order to pursue it full time. ‘My mother and I have always been close and even now we talk constantly. But just to have my mum out here with me made me feel safe. When I’ve been in a scene in a movie and someone’s playing my mother, I’ll kind of substitute my own mum in that moment,’ she says. ‘My parents always made me feel as though I could do anything – not in a cheerleading: “You’re the greatest!” kind of way; it was more: “You’re going to have to work hard, but we’ll support you however we can.” Just to have that kind of backing was incredible,’ she says.

Her first TV role came in the pilot for "The New Partridge Family" – the 2005 take on the hugely popular 1970s sitcom – with Emma playing the Susan Dey character, Laurie Partridge. Though the show was never picked up, Emma went on to appear in established series such as Malcolm in the Middle and Medium. Her career looked to be taking off until, after trying out for a lead role in a new series called Heroes, she overheard the audition in the next room and discovered that the young actress there – a certain Hayden Panettiere – had already secured the role of cheerleader Claire Bennet. It was a dent to the 18-year-old Emma’s confidence, ‘and I kind of went home and just had this meltdown,’ she says.

Since then, however, Emma has worked more or less nonstop and after securing her first film role in the teen comedy Superbad, opposite Jonah Hill and Michael Cera, has gone on to star in heaps of comedies including Paper Man with Kieran Culkin (rumoured to have been a one-time boyfriend), Zombieland with Woody Harrelson and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past opposite Matthew McConaughey. But it was in Easy A – as a high-school student who scandalises her conservative classmates and teachers when a false rumour circulates the school that she is sexually promiscuous – which really brought her to wider attention, thanks to Emma’s appealing mix of feistiness and sensitivity.

That combination will no doubt be used to lethal effect in the forthcoming The Amazing Spider-Man, which bears all the hallmarks of being one of next year’s biggest hits. Emma beat actresses including Emma Roberts and Imogen Poots to the role of Gwen Stacy and will star opposite British actor Andrew Garfield (The Social Network, Never Let Me Go) who takes over from Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man himself, in the franchise reboot. Audiences are bound to look for telltale signs of romantic chemistry between the two leads, who are rumoured to be dating in real life.

‘Oh my God, you can’t be friends with anyone any more, can you?’ she laughs. So, are they dating? ‘We’re…we’re…’ she stumbles briefly, ‘we get along very well,’ she concludes with an embarrassed smile. So then, what does Andrew look like in the Spider suit? ‘Oh, he looks like Spider-Man completely,’ she enthuses. ‘At the camera test it was so funny because he was in the costume and I reached over and just touched the suit instinctively. He was like: “Stop it! What are you doing?” and I was going: “I’m so sorry but we’re all in the room with Spider-Man – we’re really freaking out!” But Andrew’s a great actor and so well prepared and completely in the moment too. He’s like a river,’ she adds, ‘he just moves with you.’

After such a glowing testimonial, if the couple aren’t dating then they probably should be, although to be fair, Emma seems to be linked to all her co-stars these days (there are also rumours surrounding her and Ryan Gosling from Crazy, Stupid, Love). For her part, Emma chooses to stay silent. ‘The only way to keep really personal stuff personal,’ she says, ‘is just not to talk about it.’

With her increasingly crammed diary, Emma will find precious little free time to pursue her extracurricular interests, ‘or “hobbies” as you say…love that word,’ she grins. ‘I used to be such an avid reader when I was younger, so I’m trying to catch up on my reading. I just read my first Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast, and I was going around telling everyone: “Does anybody know about this? This guy’s amazing!”’ She has also been ‘tinkering around in the kitchen a bit, but I’m not very good at it. I’ve been trying to bake puddings,’ she says with a laugh. By the look of her – gorgeously slim in a black minidress – she can’t be eating too many of them. ‘Oh, but I do,’ she insists. ‘And I’m so inconsistent about exercise. I’ll do it for four days and then stop for four weeks.’

Talented yet easy-going, Emma has managed to sidestep the pitfalls that beset so many young actresses tipped for stardom. ‘The thing is, my ultimate role model is Diane Keaton,’ she says, ‘and not because she didn’t drink or didn’t smoke, but because she has always been totally honest about herself, warts, neuroses and all. Sure, I make a whole lot of mistakes and drink too much wine sometimes, but I just want to be myself and live like a regular human being.’ It looks like Hollywood may genuinely have found its Next Big Thing this time.

dailymail.co.uk

12-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Emma Stone is all smiles as she arrives at the Giorgio Armani/Vanity Fair private dinner on Tuesday (October 11) in Los Angeles, Calif.

The 22-year-old actress served as host for the night and was joined by Giorgio Armani’s niece Roberta Armani as they happily posed for photographs together.

justjared

12-10-2011
V.I.P.

Giorgio Armani/Vanity Fair Private Dinner, Los Angeles - 11/10/11 (untagged)

tlfan

12-10-2011
fashion elite

she looks fantastic at the armani event. avant garde and edgy while still being subdued enough to translate well to the masses. i think she does a great job at that, being a fashion girl and a mass media girl.

12-10-2011
V.I.P.

Cool dress. I like it when the light hits the fabric like that. Great pics.

12-10-2011
V.I.P.

I love that Armani dress! Who is her stylist??

12-10-2011
V.I.P.

I do hope she does not start wearing Armani very often....

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, emma, february, july, stone