How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-11-2011
V.I.P.

^ I'm pretty sure that skit was from her first time on SNL.

16-11-2011
V.I.P.

^this oneīs new
last year they did the same sketch, with same clothes but different story

16-11-2011
V.I.P.

HQs
Museum of Modern Art's 4th Annual Film benefit 'A Tribute to Pedro Almodovar' NYC - November 15, 2011

Goes for a walk with her co-star Andrew Garfield in NYC - 15/11/11

tlfan

16-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
^this oneīs new
last year they did the same sketch, with same clothes but different story
couldnīt edit my post...
last year he was trying to pick her up, this year she tries to leave him

16-11-2011
fashion insider

So...has Andrew become one of her accessories to pair with every outfit now?

16-11-2011
backstage pass

^^^^ At least he's a nice accessory, unlike the ugly beanie.

17-11-2011
trendsetter

Another shot from Vogue

scanned by me

17-11-2011
blink once. blink twice.

^ What a sexy mofo.
& I actually quite love that beanie!

17-11-2011
V.I.P.

Autumn Cashmere Fisherman Crew Sweater

coolspotters

I quite like this. It looks cozy.

17-11-2011
V.I.P.

Gorgeous Vogue pic, that Lanvin fringe dress is bananas on herAnd I loved the Erdem dress she wore on SNL, the colors were beautiful on her, would love to see her in more of his designs

17-11-2011
fashion elite

Label Basher thanks for the sweater id!

18-11-2011
V.I.P.

Emma Stone on Stalking Diane Keaton, Pink Lipstick and her Pale Complexion & More

When it was announced earlier this summer that Emma Stone would become Revlon's latest brand ambassador, it made perfect sense. The 23 year-old actress, who starred in just about every major blockbuster this summer including "The Help" And "Crazy Stupid Love", isn't afraid of makeup. Or changing her hair color for that matter. She's gone from red to blonde to red again more times than we can count, and she pretty much jumpstarted the hot pink lipstick phenomenon we now see on everyone, everywhere. We chatted with Stone to get her thoughts on beauty icons, self tanning disasters and an intense Diane Keaton obsession.

You're a big champion of the pink lipstick trend. I'd even say a pioneer. What are your favorite shades?
I didnít know I was a champion; Iím honored. A pioneerÖ like Annie Oakley! I never know the shade name so it would be hard to tell you my favorite, but I love fuchsias and really, really bright pinks thatís for sure.

Have you always preferred pinks over reds? When did that become your thing?
Recently, Iíve been going for more pinks than reds, I think. I love red lipstick, but I think itís kind of more modern with the corals and the pinks. The variations on red have been fun to play with, and itís something different every time.

Do you think your fair complexion makes it easier to wear such bold shades?
Iím grateful that something works well with my fair complexion because sometimes you tend to look like a thumb, you know, youíre just all one shade when youíre this pale, so itís nice to have pops of color.

What does your off-duty makeup routine consist of?

When Iím just kind of hanging around, I always use grape seed oil. You know the kind you buy in the grocery store, but I use it on my face, instead of in recipes. I use that throughout the day because my skin is astronomically dry, like shockingly dry. So I use a lot of oil and thenÖ Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara. I use that pretty much, like first thing in the morning, and then I feel pretty alright.

How did it feel to become the face of such a legendary brand like Revlon?

I remember the day that they kind of approached me and were wondering if Iíd be interested in it, I was in my hotel and walked up to my room and into the bathroom. I was looking at my makeup counter and getting ready to go somewhere and I had the Colorstay foundation sitting near my sink, and I was like this is bizarre. Then I turned around, and there was like, a Revlon hair dryer. I mean this is what my mom always used, this is how I was introduced to makeup. Itís just always been my momís favorite brand, and then going back through the history with the Charlie girl and just how long itís been around. Itís so iconic and it really is just kind of an incredible thing to be a part of.

Also a really, really fun element to working with Revlon, being a part of the whole Revlon family is that they let you try out all of these products. So you genuinely fall in love with some of them, and Grow Luscious [mascara] was the first one that I was kind of like, okay this one is not leaving me.

What past and present day actresses do you admire beauty wise?

Diane Keaton. Through time. Thatís then and nowÖ and I just think sheís so beautiful because she is so quintessentially Diane. I think thatís kind of amazing.

Have you met her?
No, I havenít met her, but I talk about her so damn much that sheís probably scared of me. I talk about her literally everyday. Sheís probably a little freaked out by me, so maybe itís a better idea not to meet her because sheís probably going to have to get some sort of restraining order at this point. Iím kidding, I promise I am no threat.

Is there a decade that you find yourself drawn to when it comes to fashion and beauty?

I tend to go in 20 year increments, so 20s, 40s, 60s, NOT the 80s and then nowÖ 80ís for whatever reason I immediately am like No! No! I donít know what it is but all of that stuff, my brain just rejects itÖ I think the 80s are great, but for whatever reason 80s fashion just does not mix in my mindís eye well. But the nice thing about now is that it seems like thereís a lot of people and a lot of designer clothing stores have pulled from elements of all of those eras, so youíre kind of mixing all of those eras together now a days which is really funÖ and you donít even have to wear corsets anymore, which is awesome.

What was your most embarrassing beauty moment?

There was a time where I could not stand the pale. I'm from Arizona, and everyone is very, very tan. It's super sunnyÖ since I couldnít go in the sun because I donít have any pigment in my skin (which I now really appreciate). But sometimes I still want to be warmed up because itís built into my DNA to think tan is incredible. But I got a lot of spray tans, and before I discovered spray tans I got a lot of those tanning lotions and that is not a good look. I mean it wasnít on me because I did not know how to apply it in a way that didnít look like I had just rolled around in a bunch of dirt. So it was like a splotchy, streaky mess of a situation. Iím sure some people are able to do it in the right way, but that was always my biggest beauty mishap...the solid two years I spent spray tanning.

Lightning Round:

Favorite scent?

Probably Chance by Chanel. Yeah, I love Chance

Favorite band?

The Beatles. No brainer.

Favorite food?

Oh boy, oysters or maybe Brazilian food, in terms of cuisine.

Favorite movie?

"City Lights"

Favorite book?

"Franny and Zoe" by J.D. Salinger.

Favorite place in the world?

Home, but like, in my apartment, in my bed.

stylelist.com, gif from ONTD

18-11-2011
tfs star

^ You really get a sense that she's a bubbly and lovely person in that interview. Plus she's a Salinger fan. Figures.

18-11-2011
tfs star

I love her in Chanel at the MOMA. Incredibly chic, especially with the up-do

18-11-2011
front row

I love her! She's a good interview.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, emma, february, july, stone