How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-01-2014
backstage pass

^Yup! Lots of great people!

Loving the crooked tiara..

28-01-2014
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMemory View Post
I thought it's crazy cold in NY? why isn't she wearing boots of some kind?
Because she probably stepped out of her hotel directly into a car service, and then directly into the airport. No need for boots if you're inside.

28-01-2014
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniKiss View Post
Wonderland Feb/March 2014

justjared.com
I do not like how they shaped her chin to be so pointy and long.

28-01-2014
V.I.P.

Heavy photoshop, but still gorgeous!

01-02-2014
backstage pass

Wonderland tweeted this:

Quote:
Very special preview of @EmWatson ! this picture is one of Emma's personal favourites - here she wears @givenchy xxx pic.twitter.com/JpjbwQjOPV

Wonderland @ twitter

01-02-2014
front row

Wow! Gorgeous!

01-02-2014
backstage pass

First excerpts from Emma's interview of J.K. Rowling for Wonderland

Quote:
J.K. Rowling regrets Ron and Hermione’s relationship

In a new interview conducted by Emma Watson, Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling drops a bombshell: She regrets putting Ron and Hermione together.

The shocking revelation came in the new issue of Wonderland which Watson is a guest editor of this month. The comments were obtained by The Sunday Times.

Rowling says that she should have put Hermione and Harry together in the Harry Potter series instead of Hermione and Ron.

“I wrote the Hermione/Ron relationship as a form of wish fulfillment,” she says. “That’s how it was conceived, really. For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron.”

“I know, I’m sorry,” she continued, “I can hear the rage and fury it might cause some fans, but if I’m absolutely honest, distance has given me perspective on that. It was a choice I made for very personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility. Am I breaking people’s hearts by saying this? I hope not.”

Watson didn’t seem shocked by these comments and agreed with her. “I think there are fans out there who know that too and who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make her happy.”

Rowling also says that Ron and Hermione would have needed “relationship counseling.”

We obtained these comments via a preview The Sunday Times posted on Twitter. More may be shared in the full article.

This is the first we’re hearing about Watson interviewing Rowling for Wonderland, and we’ll be sure to keep an eye out for the full interview.

As fans are aware, Ron and Hermione raised two children: Rose and Hugo.

In 2011, Rowling revealed that she “seriously considered” killing Ron. Poor guy hasn’t had good revelations come out about him in this post-Potter world.

Thanks to The Sunday Times’ Twitter and Marine for the tip.
http://www.hypable.com/2014/02/01/jk...ret-interview/

From The Sunday Times:

https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/429735253477818368/photo/1

Last edited by immortalbliss; 01-02-2014 at 05:19 PM.
01-02-2014
fashion insider

They're letting the films' presentation of Harry and Hermione impact their judgement instead of remembering how Harry found being alone with her awkward and boring in the books.

I forgot how into Harry Potter I was until this interview.

Last edited by pixiedust1603; 01-02-2014 at 05:30 PM.
01-02-2014
tfs star

I think a lot more people would dislike Emma if she won Harrys heart in the books. "Get off him - He is mine!" and all that...

I totally don't see it... I mean, Harmoine? No, just no. I think I'd be more at ease with Ron and Harry as a couple

Last edited by eizhowa; 01-02-2014 at 05:49 PM.

01-02-2014
front row

Omg! Omg!

Last edited by SussyBela; 01-02-2014 at 08:04 PM.
01-02-2014
front row

Lol! Some kids get it to serious! Lol! I can hear internet about to explode! Hermione always deserve a better end. J.k is the queen. She knows what she said! Lol!

01-02-2014
tfs star

^Sex and Potter sells

01-02-2014
fashion icon

I don't know, I see J.K. Rowling's point but honestly I'm just glad that Hermione didn't end up with the main character, how cliche and terrible would that have been? But I also cannot think of any other better options then either Ron or Victor Krum (but he was more of a first crush/love then anything else really) for her. Unless J.K. Rowling thought about having her end up with someone else who was never a character in the books, but then where's the fun in that? I do love that even after the books have been published for years, there is still more to be said about them! I cannot think of any other book/series that has that kind of staying power. Anyways, if this is just the first glimpse of the interview between the women who wrote Hermione and the women who brought her to life on screen, then I think it'll be a very good read!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
I don't know, I see J.K. Rowling's point but honestly I'm just glad that Hermione didn't end up with the main character, how cliche and terrible would that have been? But I also cannot think of any other better options then either Ron or Victor Krum (but he was more of a first crush/love then anything else really) for her. Unless J.K. Rowling thought about having her end up with someone else who was never a character in the books, but then where's the fun in that? I do love that even after the books have been published for years, there is still more to be said about them! I cannot think of any other book/series that has that kind of staying power. Anyways, if this is just the first glimpse of the interview between the women who wrote Hermione and the women who brought her to life on screen, then I think it'll be a very good read!
ITA. I hope we get to see the relationship between Emma and J.K. come across in the interview..

Full article from Sunday Times with a little mention of the interview with Darren Aronofsky:

Quote:
JK admits Harry should have wed Hermione

Claudia Croft Published: 2 February 2014

IT WAS the romance every Harry Potter fan wanted to see. Now JK Rowling has admitted she got it wrong by pairing off Hermione Granger with Ron Weasley rather than her franchise’s hero. In a rare interview, Rowling admits that although they ended up together, they are not a credible couple.

She said: “I wrote the Hermione/Ron relationship as a form of wish fulfilment. That’s how it was conceived, really. For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron.”

She added: “I know, I’m sorry, I can hear the rage and fury it might cause some fans, but if I’m absolutely honest, distance has given me perspective on that. It was a choice I made for very personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility.

“Am I breaking people’s hearts by saying this? I hope not.”

The interview gets to the heart of the matter, because Rowling’s inquisitor is the actress Emma Watson, who played Hermione and has guest-edited the latest issue of Wonderland magazine, out this Friday, in which the interview appears.

Watson tends to agree with Rowling. She said: “ I think there are fans out there who know that too and who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make her happy.”

She and Rowling agree that Harry and Hermione were a better match than Ron and Hermione, and for those left wondering where the story might have gone next, they also discuss the future that Ron and Hermione would have had together.

Rowling admits they would have ended up in relationship counselling.

Watson also quizzes Darren Aronofsky, the director of Noah, her latest film, about modern environmental parallels to the great biblical flood.

She said: “Promoting the films I make is a big part of my job, but often the focus isn’t on the work. I didn’t want to let that happen with Noah. Editing Wonderland meant I could conduct in-depth interviews with heads of department on production.”

There is also an interview with Sofia Coppola, who directed Watson in The Bling Ring.

Huw Gwyther, editor-in-chief of Wonderland , said of the actress: “She pulled in such a wide variety of contributions. It speaks volumes about her cultural relevance right now.”

Wonderland, guest edited by Emma Watson, is out on Thursday
titan90 @ pottershots

01-02-2014
V.I.P.

I'm very surprised by this. I had a feeling from the very first book that Ron and Hermione would end up together. Something to do with how kids tease the ones they like and/or don't get along at all at first, but grow closer as they get older.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
emma, watson