How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-02-2012
backstage pass

Emma Watson (February 2012 - September 2012)
Moderator Note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on the topic of style... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
Thank You

Thesp to star in Sofia Coppola's new film

Sofia Coppola has tapped Emma Watson to star in "The Bling Ring," the true story of a group of teenagers who commit a string of celebrity burglaries.

Coppola will write and direct the pic, and will produce with brother Roman Coppola and Youree Henley. Executive producers are Fred Roos and Michael Zakin.

"I'm excited about the young cast we're assembling and I'm looking forward to shooting on location here in Los Angeles," Coppola said.

Though Watson has said she wants to dedicate more time to her studies, thesp has still found time for work, focusing more on small-budgeted projects post-"Harry Potter." She was recently seen in The Weinstein Co.'s "My Week With Marilyn" and just wrapped production on Fox Searchlight's "Perks of Being a Wallflower." She's also been tapped to star in David Yates' "Your Voice in My Head" for Warner Bros.

Coppola has made a habit of giving rising female stars material that's allowed them to break into more adult, such as Scarlett Johansson in "Lost in Translation" and, more recently, Elle Fanning in Coppola'ss last pic, "Somewhere." Watson is repped by WME and Markham, Froggatt & Irwin.
Source: Variety

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 29-02-2012 at 01:58 PM.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

hope this is true, she really lands great roles

29-02-2012
fashion insider

First Guillermo and now Sofia! She is making brilliant choices.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

^And also David Yates again. I wonder when she's going to find the time to film 3 films!
I guess "Your Voice in My Head," "Beauty and the Beast," and now "Bling Ring" may all be in pre-production for awhile, so she probably won't have to start filming for a few months to a year.

29-02-2012
backstage pass

Press release

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA (February 29, 2012) – Sofia Coppola has cast Emma Watson (HARRY POTTER franchise) in her new film, THE BLING RING. Inspired by real events, the film follows a group of teenagers who take part in a string of celebrity burglaries. Watson will lead an ensemble cast.

THE BLING RING will begin shooting this spring in Los Angeles.

In addition to directing THE BLING RING from her screenplay, Coppola will produce the feature with Roman Coppola and Youree Henley. Executive producers for the picture are Fred Roos and Michael Zakin.

THE BLING RING shows a group of teenagers obsessed with fashion and fame who burglarized the homes of celebrities in Los Angeles. Tracking their targets’ whereabouts online, the teens would break-in and steal designer clothes and possessions. Reflecting on the naiveté of youth, amplified by today’s culture of celebrity and luxury brand obsession, the members of the Bling Ring introduce us to temptations that nearly any teenager would find hard to resist. What starts out as youthful fun spins out of control and reveals a sobering view of our modern culture.

“I’m excited about the young cast we’re assembling and I’m looking forward to shooting on location here in Los Angeles,” says Coppola.

Sofia Coppola won the Best Original Screenplay Academy Award for her film LOST IN TRANSLATION and was an Academy Award nominee for Best Director and Best Picture. Her latest film, SOMEWHERE, was awarded the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival.

Emma Watson is best known for her role as Hermione in the HARRY POTTER films and will be seen this fall in THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER. She just signed on to star in David Yates’ YOUR VOICE IN MY HEAD and Guillermo del Toro’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. She is represented by WME and Markham, Froggatt & Irwin.
Source: Indiewire

29-02-2012
fashion icon

Ahhh... Sofia Coppola and Emma Watson! It sounds like a dream team! I'm curious to see who else they choose to round out the cast.

And according to The Hollywood Reporter...
Quote:
The movie will shoot this spring on location in Los Angeles.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...mewhere-296019

So hopefully we get to see some set pictures and the film will come out with the next year or so!

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

good for her! this project seems awesome and you can never lose with Sofia when it comes to putting it out there. really good!

29-02-2012
backstage pass

She is in Paris and was snapped at Colette

watsonuncensored

29-02-2012
tfs star

That's amazing that Emma is going to be working with Sofia! I guess she's going to be attending one of the shows, maybe?

29-02-2012
fashion insider

I thought she would go. I wonder which shows she'll attend.
Posted via Mobile Device

29-02-2012
scenester

She said she didn't want to go to a Paris Fashion Week anymore after the one she attended in... 2008? I don't expect to see her (or maybe I hope a tiny bit).

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

I'm so excited for all this work that she's getting! Can't wait to see her new movies.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

Oh awesome. I didn't know she was in Paris. It would be great if she did go to a fashion show. She hasn't gone to one since the Burberry one in 2009. It's about time.

01-03-2012
backstage pass

Emma confirms The Bling Ring

Quote:
We can confirm that Emma is to star in Sofia Coppola's new film "The Bling Ring".

The film is inspired by real events and follows a group of teenagers who, obsessed with fashion and fame, burgled the homes of celebrities in Los Angeles.

Emma says of the project, "I am so excited to work with Sofia Coppola. I have been an admirer of her work for many years. The script for "The Bling Ring" is fantastic and I can't wait to start filming."

Shooting begins this spring so keep watching this site for more updates!
emmawatson.com

01-03-2012
fashion insider

I love how Emma is always on top of things.
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, emma, february, september, watson