How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-09-2011
scenester

I doubt it's for My Week With Marilyn. She said she was barely in the movie and her name is not even on the poster of the film. I think it's probably for Lancme.

24-09-2011
V.I.P.

Didn't she just have an Elle cover? It's a few pages back...I thought that was UK??

24-09-2011
scenester

It was France.

25-09-2011
V.I.P.

Hello! Magazine interview:

Quote:
Hello! magazine: Did you always want to be an actress?
Emma Watson: When I was younger, I didn't necessarily have acting in mind as a vocation, but I always loved performing - I was doing poetry recitals when I was five. I also loved debating and did theatre regularly. So I suppose you could say I've always loved acting.

You became famous when you were just 11 years old ,when the first Harry Potter film was released. Did you instantly feel at ease in front of the camera?
Emma: I think when you are so young you're almost unaware of the fear. You have the confidence of youth, so you don't think about the nerves too much. I was lucky - it did just come naturally to me. Now I can't remember very much of a life when I wasn't famous, so it's hard to think about how it's changed it. I haven't really known anything different.

As an actress, you are constantly judged by others. How do you cope with that?
Emma: Honestly, sometimes I don't - it's very hard, but I suppose I just try. That's one of the reasons why schooling is so important to me - because i get a lot back from using my brain, which means I don't just feel valued for the way I look. That has been one of the great luxuries of playing Hermione - she's not just a pretty face.

Tell us about Hermione, the role that changed your life...
Emma: Hermione was my literally heroine. She is such a great character and a wonderful person, so I feel incredibly privileged to have played her and to have started my career in the way I have. And now Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint are like my brothers.

You have two films coming out. Tell us about them...
Emma: In My Week with Marilyn, I play a wardrobe assistant on Marilyn Monroe's last big film. It's a stellar British cast with a really great director (Simon Curtis). In Perks of Being a Wallflower, I play a girl who has had a difficult childhood and a hard time growing up and is desperately trying to turn her life around. She's not been treated well by guys and has been made to feel worthless. I feel really compelled by her story and her struggle to find belief in herself.

Who would you most like to work with?
Emma: I would love to work with directors Baz Luhrmann, Guillermo del Toro, Richard Curtis and Darren Aronofsky. In terms of actors, I love Philip Seymour Hoffman, James McAvoy, Cate Blanchett and Helen Mirren. I'd love to do some Shakespeare one day and play Juliet or Ophelia.

What is your motto?
Emma: I don't know if I have a motto, but I make the most of every opportunity that comes my way and I live every day to the fullest.
snitchseeker

25-09-2011
V.I.P.

#336 & #349 I love reading Emma's interviews! She seems very intelligent and classy.

Last edited by wickedcrazyness; 25-09-2011 at 06:48 PM.

25-09-2011
V.I.P.

Yay more magazine covers! Can't wait to see.

27-09-2011
front row

She looks amazing in those magazines. I have to find that Elle France magazine somewhere!!

27-09-2011
backstage pass

Emma at Heathrow and JFK on 26 Sept 2011..

Uberangel at pottershots, PieMan at superiorpics

27-09-2011
backstage pass

I wish I was living in London because I can't wait for winter to come, here it's still summer-like and the heat is driving me nuts... I wish I could wear a coat like her! And I like her bag!

27-09-2011
windowshopping

Oh I love her outfit there. Any IDs on the dress and/or the boots?

27-09-2011
scenester

I think the boots are J. Crew Miller.

27-09-2011
trendsetter

Love her boots and coat. Very similar to my winter style, except for the skirt...

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

that's one cute outfit. i like it. those boots are fierce!

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa-K View Post
I wish I was living in London because I can't wait for winter to come, here it's still summer-like and the heat is driving me nuts... I wish I could wear a coat like her! And I like her bag!
The weather has been warm here in London, too. I'm beginning to think that she dresses for winter no matter what.

27-09-2011
front row

Oh Emma

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, emma, february, july, watson