How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-08-2007
fashion icon

I watched Harry Potter 5 today.I like the film,but I was a bit disappointed,because many scenes are shortened or omissive.Emma playes her role very good as always,but she was a bit negelected in the film.

18-08-2007
backstage pass

does anyone know who's directing the sixth movie?

18-08-2007
backstage pass

There's only so much you can do with a book that's over 500 pages long, especially with new plot developments and characters.
Emma's best acting is done when she doesn't speak-the scene when she interacts with Gwarp with the bike bell, is the best acting she's done, imo. Yet when she talks there's too much eyebrows and sighing. It was cute in the first movie, but now it's annoying.

18-08-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Emma Watson gets top grades, receives an award nomination & gets hounded by the papparazzi at the Bank.

Talk about perfect casting for smarter-than-thou Hermione. Despite juggling filming & promotion for Order of the Phoenix with her studies, Emma Watson managed to ace her A/S levels.

She received the top grade -- an A -- in all of her courses
(English, Geography, History of Art, and Art).

Last year, she also aced her GCSE's and received 10 out of a possible 10 As.
Actually 8 A* (perfect marks) and 2 As.

source: http://www.veritaserum.com/article.php?a=s&aid=21028

For those of you who are unfamiliar with British standardized tests, VTM reader Andrew fills us in: "In case you don't know how our exams work, we do around 10 GCSE's (General Certificate of Secondary Education) when we are 16, 4 AS-levels (advanced subsidiary) when we are 17 and then 3 A-levels (advanced level) when we are 18."

In additional news, She also got nominated for her performance in Order of the Phoenix in UK's National Movie Awards.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix also got nominated as "Best Family Movie".

Lastly, I guess she's really a star now coz there are now Papparazzi pictures of her when she's going to the bank *rolleyes*
ONTD

I'm sorry, but nominated for an award? Ridiculous.

Last edited by Lacroix; 18-08-2007 at 08:10 PM.

18-08-2007
backstage pass

Did anyone else from the cast get nominated for anything?

18-08-2007
V.I.P.

^ Nope.

18-08-2007
trendsetter

Wow, an award? She's such a crappy actress, though. That kinda sucks for the rest of the cast.

And also... that outfit's so... blah. More on the ew side but, y'know, whatever.

18-08-2007
rising star

Hmm I actually thought she was a good actress but I guess it depends who you compare her too.

Is that her new hair color for the movie? if so i think it looks great!

18-08-2007
V.I.P.

no, not those Converse again! i hate how she wears them, it's so tacky.

18-08-2007
V.I.P.

Whoa, she's such a brainiac.

18-08-2007
rising star

^ not even. it's all arts. that's just reading and an ability to narrate nonsense.

what frustrates me is (and i may have already said this) not her lack of acting talent so much as her lack of insight into the hermione character. i mean, she plays her all right in that hermione is basically a bully, but when she talks about her, it's all this 'rock'n'roll, feminist' nonsense.

makes me roll my eyes...

18-08-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbledore-lives View Post
^ not even. it's all arts. that's just reading and an ability to narrate nonsense.
Wow thats a big call and I couldnt disagree with you more. There is a great deal more to those subjects than you have suggested above. To be at the top of any field whether it be humanities or science takes a great deal of intelligence. I take it you dont view the Harry Potter books as genius? They must after all be pages of narrated nonsense.

With that Ill end my rant. and get back on the topic of her fashion. Shes a very cute girl who dresses age appropriate.

Last edited by kirreway; 18-08-2007 at 11:45 PM. Reason: typo

18-08-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Shes a very cute girl who dresses age appropriate.
yes exactly. although some of her outfits are i still would rather see her dress her age. that's very rare among actresses.

19-08-2007
at the irish pub

come on girls!it is her problem to get best or worst grades from the exams.i think the thing in here is that she at least cares about her school.
if we go back to her new candid(since it is really hard to see her caught by paparazzis)that outfit is not that much good,i think.i am really so bored of seeing the same converses on her.her vest is cool but doesnt look very fit on her.bottom part of her top looks like curtain.that bag must be the Chanel bag that she carried in LA which is very cool!and are those sunglasses Chloe??

okay i love her,she looks very nice on red carpets but i cant always say the same for her candid style unfortunately

19-08-2007
V.I.P.

Well I'd just like to say, kudos to her for getting an A in English Lit- I took English at A-Level too and after practically killing myself got an A in the end but it was so not breazy to do.

Anyway, I really hate her style in the lastest candids its like how she dressed 2 years ago.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, emma, february, june, watson