How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-08-2008
V.I.P.

2 LQ

celebutopia

22-08-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by after__eight View Post
Because she's 'that harry potter girl'. How many people actually know her name? All anyone know's her as is Hermione, or the girl from Harry Potter. Let's face it, not many people are going to take her seriously if she doesn't break away from the harry potter mold. I don't see her having the face for any ad campaign anyway, she doesn't photograph spreads very well IMO.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that everyone knows her name because of Harry Potter, especially the young set that grew up with her and who most advertisers do everything to attract. Certainly she gets a lot of magazine and television coverage like clockwork because of the films. You may dislike her but it seems bonkers to deny that the Harry Potter films have definitely made Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, at least, household names. (Rupert Grint doesn't seem to attract the same mainstream publicity for some reason.)

22-08-2008
fashion elite

she always looks so mature for her age. its refreshing that all not teens who act are trashy

22-08-2008
backstage pass

I don`t think red lipstick really suits her

22-08-2008
V.I.P.

I don't like that cardigan on her. Otherwise she looks nice.

22-08-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by after__eight View Post
I mean her face, It's like she sunbathes too much or something. There were HQ photos posted recently and she has so many lines and wrinkles that I've never seen on someone of her age.
Ehm..I think she looks her age, IMO she doesn't have an old face or lines or wrinkles..But she looks mature IMO

22-08-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoy View Post
I just read that she has an upcoming spread in Italian Vogue. Can't wait to see it.
really now? that's awesome, i hope it comes out soon.

23-08-2008
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Her face is getting prettier as she gets older...

23-08-2008
V.I.P.

The red lips throw the entire look off for me.

25-08-2008
trendsetter

hey I'm new. this is what i think about Emma's style.

Emma's main problem is that she doesn't know how to dress for her body type. She's very petite, with short legs, but has broad shoulders and no chest. Not exactly a good combination, but she could make it work. However, she hasn't always, as these pictures will show.

Good:

Nice simple hair, makeup, jewelry, and footwear. The dress is stunning on its own and she lets it be the main focus of the outfit instead of piling too much on, which she tends to do.

Bad:

The dress is fine, but she's cluttered it too much with her Farrah Fawcett hair and the strappy shoes. her hair should have been in a simple chignon and she should have worn gold strappy Jimmy Choo's.

Bad:

I actually like the dress, sweater, and tights and flats, but the purse totally ruins the whole outfit for me. It's like the type of bag that you get in the mail for subscribing to a magazine or something.

Good:

Simple. The shoes are really tacky and cheap and lame, but it's Emma, and she obviously has styling problems, so I'll forgive her.

Bad:

Stupid indie headband, stupid ugly dress, stupid ugly shoes that make her legs look like stumps.

Bad:

She obviously smoked a big fatty before going to this premiere because no one in their right mind would wear a white tee shirt under this beautiful top with baggy cuffed jeans and ugly pointed Elfin shoes.

Bad:

Hid-e-ous. Like a prom dress purchased from the Sears junior section, circa the Victorian times.

Bad:

I feel like the night before, Emma laid out all of her clothes, and was like, I want to try 20 different trends during the next month of red carpet appearances, and laid out separate outfits for each piece in this photo, but then her maid got them messed up, hence the reason Emma is wearing so many patterns, colors, etc here.

Bad:

Poor Emma must have gotten dressed in the dark when she decided to pair this gigantic clutch meant for the fall--there's a reason why this was from the LV fall collection, honey--with her white summery dress and horribly uncomfortably looking shoes that, judging by the pieces of bandaids on her toes, even a masochist wouldn't wear.

And it seems like she forgot, while she was picking out this dress and took note of it's extra large straps, that she is built like a linebacker.

Bad:

She looks like the mural me and my friends painted in 3rd grade when we were studying Ancient Egyptians.

And she is wearing cowboy boots, as if the dress wasn't enough to make you vomit.

Bad:

The sweater is cute, but I must again venture a guess that Emma has gotten into hard drugs because she has paired her beautiful, delicate Chanel sweater with dirty, tack gold tennis shoes.

25-08-2008
trendsetter

Bad:

The blue slip dress is nice and simple and pretty, although not particularly outstanding. She is wearing a fur and wool coat with it. I am letting this pass, having been to England in the winter and it gets pretty damn cold there, so it's excusable. However, wearing red and black Converse sneakers is horrible. Not to mention the fact that they have huge gold laces that flop over the shoes like an obese person's rolls.

Bad:

So juvenile. Cutsey yellow top, white top underneath, and stupid flouncy skirt and matching white tennis shoes. She looks like she's gearing up for a day at the country club for a tennis match.

Bad:

This dress is hideous first off. Plain ugly. Uglier than Kyndra from the 3rd season of Laguna Beach and her tacky french tip nails. The there is the stupid little black cardigan, which is so bland I could just die right now, and hideous black knit boots, in the summer, no less.

Bad:

Maybe Emma just hates me and wants to kill me by giving me a fashion disaster induced heart attack? The jacket is ugly, but she could make it work with some skinny jeans and black patent Louboutin pumps. Instead, she wears a pair of jeans that look like they haven't been taken out of the Goodwill bin since 1987 and the kind of shoes that soccer players wear.

Bad:

The top is pretty, very pretty in fact, but for some reason, Emma's Alzheimer's disease kicked in early and she forgot that she was going for pretty and girly and instead stole the Grimm Reaper's boots.

Bad:

First of all, the shirt dress is about two sizes two big. She probably stole this from some fat kid at school on her way to the awards. Secondly, you know you're overdressed when you're wearing a shirtdress and Rupert Grint is wearing a suit.

Bad:

The top is OK--looking back, I think it's very 2005, but then again, it was 2005, so it was In at the time. There are two reasons why she is wearing that shirt underneath--1. Because it is cold. OK, that is bull, because I do not care if England was going through an Ice Age at the time--do not ruin that pretty, delicate, dressy top by putting a white tee shirt underneath it. Then there is reason No.2, being that she decided that she wanted to stay youthful. Ummm, that is also bull considering those pants that she wore to the Disney DVD Awards in 2003. I guess, I'll go with No.3, which is Emma is insane. She then topped off her whole ensemble with hideous black suede boots--black suede boots are usually OK, but not when they are covered in red rhinestones.

Bad:

This is the ugliest dress I have ever seen in my life. So ugly in fact, that I am considering suicide as I write this. Her necklace is also ugly and colorful and cheap and I bet everyone on this forum that it was purchased at Wet Seal, Rampage, Forever 21, etc. Then, she decided to wear those hideous boots again.

Good:

Simple and chic.

Bad:

I actually have this dress-but the white lace version, and I wear it with strappy sandals and plain blush colored Marc Jacobs ballet flats, and gray cashmere cardigan when it gets cold.

Anyways, Emma picked the worst version of the dress, first off. There is this version and the white lace one, but we all know that Emma likes dresses that have load of unnecessary stripes, flowers, buttons, etc. Anything to make my head spin and my breakfast come up. Then, as if the dress, with its pinstripes and giant black straps wasn't already ugly enough, she decided to put a huge black utility belt that she stole from a construction worker and those black strappy shoes.

Sorry if that was too long guys, but I hope you like what I have to say. I just tried to have fun with it.

25-08-2008
V.I.P.

Karma,Karma! I agreed with most of the things you posted.

Looking at a lot of the pictures posted, Emma definately has made some interesting choices.. But I think I'm not alone when I say her style has steadily improved.. I mean, she went a little Chanel crazy during the OotP-era but several of the looks, in my opinion, worked for her.

I cannot wait till she starts promoting HBP. I'd love to see her step out of her Chanel bubble and experiment with something fresh like Chloe.. o0oo or maybe even Lanvin..

[and everytime she laughs. she hopes he's watching.
so he can fall for her smile. just as hard as she fell for his.]
<3

25-08-2008
trendsetter

I personally think that Proenza would look great on her--young, edgy, and a good balance between masculine and feminine. Plus, a little Philip Lim, Derek Lam, Jenni Kayne, or Jil Sander would be great on her.

I think if she had the right hair, accessories, and makeup and learned how to pose, she could really work a great Rodarte dress for a premiere.

25-08-2008
V.I.P.

Rodarte? Emma? Really?

She'd have to have everything picture perfect..

[and everytime she laughs. she hopes he's watching.
so he can fall for her smile. just as hard as she fell for his.]
<3

25-08-2008
front row

no. Emma shouldn't wear Rodarte.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, emma, february, june, watson