How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-08-2008
front row

I agree with most of what you said (especially the OotP LA premiere and Today Show outfits, love the Chanel dress and I love that she's wearing nice chic flats in both of them isntead of frumpy ones) but I did like the PoA London premiere dress/outfit, I hated it at first but now I really like it, the colour suites her imo. I also really liked the Nick awards outfit because 1) Stunning top and 2) Boots with heels which I think might've been a first for her and I also wear a lot of my outfits this way so it appeals to me.

25-08-2008
V.I.P.

I think she has a terrible sense of personal style- but her event style isn't much better. For promoting the earlier movies she clearly had a little deal going with Alberta Ferretti because she wore pretty much runway to red-carpet exactly. And now the whole Chanel thing, about 80 % of the ensembles she's failed to pulled off. Like that Couture gown she wore to the Raisa Gorbachev party; awful. She either needs a new stylist or to just learn how to put things together herself.

Oh- and her acting is pretty dire.

25-08-2008
V.I.P.

I really don't like her style. I never got the appeal for her, anyway. Her acting is terrible, too.

25-08-2008
trendsetter

I think she's a good actress, but she overdoes it with the eyebrows. She doesn't have any personal style--or good personal style. I'll post pics soon.

25-08-2008
front row

I agree about the "no personal style". And from the clothes I've seen her wear, like the constant Chanel outfits, have always been executed awfully. I'm sure she has some really nice pieces, it's just that she has no sense of direction when it comes to pairing her clothes together. For example the recent photos of her at a the polo event where she's got a white dress with a big shiny black clutch and shoes -- it was awful.

I think she looks best when she wears her hair and make-up simple/minimal, and keeps her clothes simple as well. She looks effortless and young, and not like she's trying so hard like she does other times. This is a good look for her:

emmawatson-fans

25-08-2008
V.I.P.

i don't think it's fair to criticize her outfit choices from several years ago. she was barely a teenager; what do young teenagers know about personal style? she was just a kid, and kids shouldn't have to worry about stuff like that. however, now that she's older, it's a completely different story. it's usually just a hit or miss with her.

26-08-2008
V.I.P.

^ I think it's completely fair because she's in the public eye and is/was wearing said outfits to events, not just general paparazzi pictures. It's pretty simple, she has bad style -some people have a natural way of putting things together, she doesn't. I don't think it's bad or negative to analyze her past outfit because this is a style forum

26-08-2008
trendsetter

Thank you. The thing is, when you look at celebs who most people consider good dressers now, if you look at them 3 or 4 years ago, they looked like crap. Blake Lively, during promotion for the Sisterhood in 2005, looked pretty tacky/malibu Barbie, and the only reason why people think she, and a lot of other celebs now, look good right now, is just because they are staying up with the trends. In a few years from now, people are going to look back and think that they looked totally stupid.

I firmly believe that people are born with style and taste, or without it. Style and taste can improve over time, but some people, like Clemence Poesy, have an innate sense of style that always renders them effortlessly and timelessly chic. Sadly, most people do not have that, although I believe that Ashley, but not MK, Olsen does too.

Emma is not one of those people, but she's cute and I'm a big fan of hers.

26-08-2008
fashion insider

Huh. I think the number of 10-13 year olds who have any personal style -- naturally or not --- is in the single digits, percentage-wise. (Really, I'd say teenagers in general -- what do they do but pair something with jeans, most of the time, really? -- but I don't want to start a riot.)

Anyway, do we have some pics of Clemenc Poesy, for example, displaying her fashion sense at 11?

Last edited by Bahiyya; 26-08-2008 at 02:03 PM.

26-08-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite_Brite View Post
no. Emma shouldn't wear Rodarte.
Why not???

26-08-2008
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahiyya View Post
Huh. I think the number of 10-13 year olds who have any personal style -- naturally or not --- is in the single digits, percentage-wise. (Really, I'd say teenagers in general -- what do they do but pair something with jeans, most of the time, really? -- but I don't want to start a riot.)

Anyway, do we have some pics of Clemenc Poesy, for example, displaying her fashion sense at 11?
Agree with everything you said

26-08-2008
trendsetter

Outfits like these really showcase her true sense of "style." Yes, some of them were were taken a couple of years ago, but, like I said, you either have it or you don't.

These are outfits are all completely composed of individual items of clothing that she herself went out and bought, and she put together these outfits herself without the aid of a stylist.

This outfit is boring and juvenile, but I guess I can see how this type of shirt might be appealing to a 14 year old girl:

So ugly, but she looked like she really had fun with it:

This...I have mixed feelings about:

[img]http://ihwmedia.net/albums/appearances/mtvtrl/g2042.jpg[/img

This I actually don't mind, it's from early 2005:

Here she is in Stella McCartney from this year:

This Balenciaga is nice, but very one-note and not very original:

This is ... eew. The coat is yuck, the shoes are love...but together...I barf:

The final word on Emma's style is this though:

There are no words for that.

And just because this makes me LOL:

Last edited by serenab; 26-08-2008 at 02:31 PM.

26-08-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahiyya View Post

Well you're right. I'm personally not really talking about how she dressed around PS, or when she was 10 or 11 but when I think back to her 'old' style, I mean outfits like this;

she was what, 14/15 in the first one? Most 14/15 year olds begin to develop their style around here, I know I did. My point is, the girl doesn't really have much of a clue, it's all stylists and designer lending which there's nothing wrong with but it's all very generic and boring, which goes back to my original point

emma-watson.net

Last edited by Lacroix; 26-08-2008 at 02:42 PM.

26-08-2008
trendsetter

True. She was actually 16 in the first picture and 17 in the second one. (of the pics you posted.)

I think she has a really odd way of pairing things together. Like she always has to add vile boots to whatever she's wearing.

26-08-2008
backstage pass

I always felt that, individually she has great pieces. It's when she tries to put them together that there comes a problem. Honestly though, all of the HP girls tend to dress kind of quirky but in my mind Emma seems to be only one who doesn't pull it off.

I feel like she goes through phases where she goes all out and wears everything fashion designer to doing the whole high and low mixing of "regular" clothes (like her shoes) with designer pieces.

Interesting discussion going on here though...too bad we'll have to wait until next year to see what she has going on next

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, emma, february, june, watson