Emma Watson (June 2004 - February 2010) - Page 293 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
21-10-2009
tfs star

Actually, Star Wars was huge when it first came out. I remember people lining up outside the theatre, dressed up, with sleeping bags, etc. a day in advance. The franchise was definitely just as big, if not bigger.

The difference is that Emma publicized it too much. She kept discussing it in every interview, starting almost a year and half before she went. If you're going to tell the whole world to the point where we know the school, your major/concentration, that you're going to live in dorms, etc. -- you're going to attract attention.

But at least pictures have died down. I don't think there have been any real paparazzi shots outside of her orientation week.

Quote:
I wonder what her daily "school" wardrobe typically consists of... Gap and Top Shop, maybe?
She said in a previous interview she was just going to wear "sweats and Topshop" at college.

21-10-2009
fashion elite

^ I agree

That was one of the stupidest things of her to do. "Oh I want a normal life, going to uni in america". Then her big mouth decided to let everyone know where she was going to school and other crap. If she wanted privacy she didn't have to announce in to the world where she was going to school. It's not like she just got into the business, she's been in it for years, she should've known better and if people are pestering her now at school I don't feel sorry for her because she brought it upon herself.

21-10-2009
fashion elite

well technically she didn't tell where she was going. even then it would have eventually gotten out that she was going to college.

21-10-2009
scenester

at least she has gone to college and yes the media would have found out where ever she went. Perhaps she thought by telling people in advance she would be left alone!

21-10-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionmuse View Post
well technically she didn't tell where she was going. even then it would have eventually gotten out that she was going to college.
Well, she did say where she was looking. Plus, I don't think she discussed enough with her castmates what to say and what not to say... seeing as Daniel kind of outed her.

I definitely think she would've been better off staying in the UK or not saying anything. I just read an article about how in '07, Shakira took a summer history course at UCLA, and no one bothered her. She said a few times people recognized her, but she kept denying it saying her name was Isabel [which is one of her middle names], and people backed off. Her professor didn't even know that she was a celeb.

21-10-2009
scenester

^ Perhaps so, but I guess she is not really likely to get a totally normal life where ever she studies.

22-10-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
Actually, Star Wars was huge when it first came out. I remember people lining up outside the theatre, dressed up, with sleeping bags, etc. a day in advance. The franchise was definitely just as big, if not bigger.
Oh, no I totally agree. I was one of the people dressed up and waiting out the theater on premier day, I should know! But you have to take in account the ages of these fans. Many fans that went to see the new Star Wars trilogy were already established, older fans. Meaning they were older in age. Harry Potter is new-ish and being a book and movie series for children, naturally has a younger fanbase than Star Wars did. This means that while I'm sure there were young Star Wars fans during Nat's time in school, there will be hundredfold that in Harry Potter fans while Emma is at school, because put simply the fans are younger.

22-10-2009
V.I.P.

I don't care if she heavily publicized it or not, if you see her in school, you treat her with respect and don't hound her. She came to school to get her education, not to be harassed. That's the last thing I'm saying about the issue.

As for her next Burberry campaign, I'm hoping for some full-length shots with variety. The current ads are very nice, but they're all pretty much the same.

22-10-2009
backstage pass

Definitely hope they'll show a different side of Emma- I agree, those shots were all really similar. But I don't think they will, given how well this campaign went for Burberry. But something unexpected would be nice.

23-10-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Mod note: Guys please remember to stay on topic. We have posted reminders in the thread before. Please do not discuss Emma's private life, and keep discussion about her school life to a minimum. This thread is to discuss Emma's style. I understand that there is not much in the way of new pics at the moment which can be frustrating, but if we could stay on topic it would be appreciated. Thankyou.

07-11-2009
rising star

New photos from the Italian Vogue photoshoot. Quality is a little grainy, though.

You're probably thinking "was it necessary to put those big *** tags all over them" and I couldn't agree more, hehe.

Absolutely love her hair in the 3rd picture, it's rebellious and sexy.

Credit: heellxchiic.skyrock.com

Last edited by larien; 07-11-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Clickable links as sources are not allowed.

07-11-2009
V.I.P.

she looks gorgeous

07-11-2009
V.I.P.

gorgeoussssssss

07-11-2009
rising star

she's very pretty!

07-11-2009
backstage pass

gorgeous girl, beautiful shoot