How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-12-2012
V.I.P.

^LMFAO!! I had to re-read the sentence five times before I saw that. Oh goodness, unfortunately I meant *so not do. Gotta give you Karma for catching that Lola!
Posted via Mobile Device

05-12-2012
rising star

Oh wow photoshoot is fantastic. Keep this hairstyle Em!

06-12-2012
backstage pass

From Premiere magazine:

Coco_Chloe @ pottershots

06-12-2012
fashion icon

Ahhh... The Bling Ring pictures are so great! I'm excited that we are starting to get images/info for it. Looking forward to seeing what sort of team Sofia and Emma are.

07-12-2012
backstage pass

^Same here. June release could mean that this could appear at Cannes Film Festival. I hope so since it would be so cool and awesome to see Emma and Sofia there.

Another The Bling Ring photo from studio ciné live Hors série - preview 2013:

marie2aline @ pottershots

07-12-2012
V.I.P.

The Bling Ring will be very interesting to see.

11-12-2012
fashion insider

She looks beautiful in The Bling Ring pictures and I hope it does premiere at Cannes.

She's getting a lot of Best Supporting Actress nominations from various critic groups for Perks and this is surprising as she hasn't done any campaigning and she was out shined by her co-stars in the trailer. It'd be interesting if she gets a Golden Globes nomination.
Posted via Mobile Device

11-12-2012
backstage pass

^Yes, its very surprising that she's getting noticed by various critics groups. No one expected it.

Quote:
Boston Society of Film Critics - Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln wins Best Supporting Actress by one vote over Emma Watson in "Perks of Being a Wallflower."
Ty Burr @ twitter

Quote:
San Diego Critics Awards - Emma Watson wins Best Supporting Actress for Perks of Being a Wallflower. List of nominees include Amy Adams, Anne Hathaway, Rebel Wilson and Samantha Barks
Rebecca Murray@ twitter

Quote:
Phoenix Critics Awards - nominated as Best Supporting Actress along with Judi Dench, Anne Hathaway, Sally Fields and Helen Hunt
Quote:
St. Louis Critics Awards - nominated as Best Supporting Actress along with Amy Adams, Anne Hathaway, Sally Fields, Ann Dowd and Helen Hunt
premiososcar.net

Last edited by immortalbliss; 11-12-2012 at 04:30 PM.

11-12-2012
tfs star

^^^^ I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. Seriously? I love Emma as much as the next fan, and this is probably going to sound extremely bitter, but whatever. As a movie buff, I don't understand this at all. Emma was little more than passable in "Perks." She gave a perfectly unmemorable performance, nothing near as remarkable as Logan Lerman (especially during the breakdown scene) and nothing as standout as Ezra Miller. Don't get me wrong, that's not to say it wasn't good. She was certainly effective and watchable, but worthy enough to win over Rebel Wilson and Anne Hathaway? Close to beating out Sally Fields? Are you kidding me? What are these people smoking?

Last edited by chickadee; 11-12-2012 at 06:29 PM.

11-12-2012
fashion icon

^I hate to say it, but I kind of agree with you Chickadee. I adore Emma and thought she was fabulous in Perks but I'm surprised that she was chosen over Anne and Rebel. I have a feeling Anne didn't win because Les Mis isn't in theaters yet, so not everyone would have understood the reasoning behind it, it might have seemed premature to have chosen her. But Rebel was really something in Pitch Perfect. Anyways, I suppose it's nice that Emma's being given kudos' for something other then Potter. It shows that she has merit beyond the films that she's known for. Also, Perks won "Best Ensemble Performance" to which I fully agree with. Emma's performance was enhanced by Logan and Ezra's. The three of them really complemented one another and were brilliant together (and of course the film's other supporting actors deserve praise too).
Quote:
BEST ENSEMBLE PERFORMANCE–
WINNER: THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER
san diego film critic's society

12-12-2012
tfs star

Oh chicakdee, once again I try to give you karma and once again I'm told to 'spread some reputation around first'. But yes, completely agree with you. I swear I do a better American accent than she does. I guess these critics nominated her based on 'potential' because there were flashes of brilliance in her performance but they were way too few and far between.

12-12-2012
fashion insider

I pretty much think she's getting attention because it is such a weak year but she didn't get nominated for an SAG and I am not sure if the Globes will give her any attention so her buzz probably started and ended yesterday.

12-12-2012
V.I.P.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't comment on her performance. I do think it's great that she's getting noticed for her other works. With all of her other movies coming out soon, hopefully the trend will continue. (And honestly? I'm glad she's beating out Anne, as much as I like her. Anne's traveling all over the world doing press meetings and premieres and is quite obviously trying her best to stir up award nomination buzz, but Emma hasn't done any of that. She's letting her talent do the talking.)

14-12-2012
V.I.P.

Well I personally thought she was amazing in Perks. Considering this was her first role playing an American, she was exceptional. All her scenes were impressive and I think the entire cast (especially Ezra, Logan, and Mae) really just work so well together. The chemistry between them was off the charts. Any recognition for the film is SO deserved. I was afraid it would get lost among the others. Either way congrats to Emma, Logan, Ezra, Nina, Johnny, Mae, the rest of the cast, and especially Stephen (the author, director, and screenwriter).

I'm happy to see a wildcard come into play. Awards season can become so boring, because it's always the same 3-5 films. Such a yawn fest. I'm rooting for perks to get some kind adapted screenplay recognition for Oscars. Maybe Emma would actually go this year. I'd love to see what she would wear to the Oscars. And I'd Definitely want to see what Ezra would wear. Lol

Last edited by sobriquet87; 14-12-2012 at 01:09 PM.

14-12-2012
tfs star

Awards seasons definitely get boring because the SAGs, the Golden Globes and the Oscars all nominate the same people and depending on how strong the year is, award the same people. But I'd rather see somebody get nominated for a strong performance that stands on its own merit rather than a body of work. This is just my opinion, but I don't like grading actors on a curve. Although Emma has come a long way since her early Harry Potter days, I don't think she deserves a nom for "Most Improved" or "Best First-Time Accent Considering She's Really Young and Never Done One Before." Why should Emma be lauded for a passable job when you have an actress like Mia Wasikowska, who's Australian, the same age, and achieved a flawless (and very specific) Northern British accent and an American Southern one in the span of a year? But again, this is my personal opinion.

I do agree though that the awards circuit could do with some inspired choices like Kelly MacDonald for "Brave," Ben Whishaw or Jim Sturgess for "Cloud Atlas," Quvenzhane Wallis for "Beasts of the Southern Wild" (though there may still be hope for her with the Oscars), Kirsten Dunst for "On the Road," Judi Dench or Javier Bardem for "Skyfall." There were some really great performances this year and I feel like only a smattering of them got nominated because only a smattering of them are repped by big studios who have a master of arts in butt-kissing.

Okay. Rant over. I do agree though that Perks should get a Best Adapted Screenplay nod (though I doubt it will) and it would be awesome to see Emma at all the awards shows.

Last edited by chickadee; 14-12-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, emma, november, september, watson