How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-12-2012
fashion elite

I saw a clip the other day and she was really doing some severe eyebrow acting and her accent was all over the place. I do think she will get awards attention for either Noah or Bling Ring but I don't think it is Emma's time just yet.

14-12-2012
V.I.P.

Actually, I found this year that award season is all over the place. The people we all thought were safe (Riva, De Niro, McConaughey and Wallis) have been getting snubbed in some places (granted, Wallis was ineligible for SAG). And random contenders are coming out of nowhere (Weisz and Kidman).

This is bordering on off-topic now, so I will say that this is the first (fully fleshed) performance that I've seen seen of hers (have no interest in Harry Potter and saw her in Marilyn). I think she pretty much did what her character required and very well. I remember making fun of her eyebrow acting in some Harry Potter clips I had seen, so she's getting better. I can see her improving tremendously. Accent was never a problem for me (not American, I don't know).

14-12-2012
backstage pass

I watched Perks today and I think she did a good job, but nothing exceptional I was a lot more impressed with her two co-stars' performances, especially Logan Lerman!

20-12-2012
backstage pass

This Is The End (fka End Of The World) trailer:

Emma is at 2.45..

20-12-2012
fashion elite

That trailer was absolutely hilarious.

21-12-2012
rising star

Haha that was erhm... crazy lol.

21-12-2012
I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyshambles View Post
I watched Perks today and I think she did a good job, but nothing exceptional I was a lot more impressed with her two co-stars' performances, especially Logan Lerman!
Saw it today as well and I agree.. She wasn't bad that it took me out of it but she wasn't a standout either.. She was decent though there were some scenes where she fell flat (mostly the scenes with her step brother that required her to be flamboyant).. She more than made up for it as the film went along though

Overall it was a strong cast (especially Logan and Ezra), excellent editing and directing that definitely helped her a lot. Will be interesting to see her in Bling Ring.. Have a feeling Coppola's style will suit her a lot

21-12-2012
tfs star

It looks like just another stoner movie with Seth Rogan and James Franco's 'artistic' facial hair. Does Emma have a big role in it or is it a cameo?

21-12-2012
V.I.P.

Just a cameo. I think loads of actors/actresses make brief appearances.. Or atleast that's the impression that I got.

[and everytime she laughs. she hopes he's watching.
so he can fall for her smile. just as hard as she fell for his.]
<3

21-12-2012
backstage pass

I think her role is a cameo but a little bit more important than the other cameos since her name is on the poster..

Also Emma is/was in Zambia for Camfed.. She was there with Amy and Sophie.. From her twitter:

Quote:
@CamfedUK thank u for having me in Zambia!I learnt so much and feel so honored to be an ambassador for the work you are doing. #girlsrule

@Camfed thank you for having me in Samfya and for sharing your stories. Thank you for all your hospitality. I'm so glad I came xxx

22-12-2012
fashion insider

^Just because her name was on the poster doesn't necessarily mean her role is any bigger than the other cameos - it's probably because there's a lot of hype around her recently and they hope to get more success by drawing people in with her.

22-12-2012
backstage pass

^Yes, but all other cameos die at the party and she did not as shown in the trailer. I would imagine that means that her role is bigger than the other cameos, other than Michael Cera who died at the party but probably did something memorable at the party.

22-12-2012
V.I.P.

She was running around carrying an axe; I'd say that's enough reason to put her name on the poster. XD

23-12-2012
V.I.P.

Hilarious trailer!! I love the end with Craig Robinson.
Emma looks badass with the axe in that brief moment.
Posted via Mobile Device

25-12-2012
backstage pass

HQ pics from Femina magazine:

laura @ pottershots

Emma in Elle Belgique January 2013:

laura @ pottershots

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, emma, november, september, watson