How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-10-2012
tfs star

That's not Emily Browning either. I don't know who that is. But that Elle shot looks great.

04-10-2012
front row

I can't really talk about the work that was done on the images specifically.

I think it's safe to say that you CAN trust the paparazzi/candid photos of her. ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliveu88 View Post
^^ rustyforareason - please tell us that she isn't actually perfect... otherwise it would just be too unfair...

04-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyforareason View Post
I can't really talk about the work that was done on the images specifically.

I think it's safe to say that you CAN trust the paparazzi/candid photos of her. ;P
Clothing-choices aside, I think most paparazzi/candid photos of her show her as someone who has mostly clear skin and really petite.. The impression I get comparing her paparazzi/candid photos to her photoshoot photos is that they usually don't really do much work on her photoshop-wise (no drastic changes in most of her photoshoots).. Did you mean something along those lines or am I completely off the mark?

For some actresses, I feel like the difference between paparazzi/candid photos to photoshoot photos to red carpet photos are huge.. I don't feel that way when I look at Emma Watson and Emma Stone.. There are changes but nothing huge, IMO..

Last edited by immortalbliss; 04-10-2012 at 10:18 AM.

04-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalbliss View Post
Clothing-choices aside, I think most paparazzi/candid photos of her show her as someone who has mostly clear skin and really petite.. The impression I get comparing her paparazzi/candid photos to her photoshoot photos is that they usually don't really do much work on her photoshop-wise (no drastic changes in most of her photoshoots).. Did you mean something along those lines or am I completely off the mark?

04-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Clothing-choices aside, I think most paparazzi/candid photos of her show her as someone who has mostly clear skin and really petite..
Again, Emma is NOT petite and certainly not "really petite". SHE'S 5'6' PEOPLE!

04-10-2012
backstage pass

^Sheesh, what's there to be angry about? When I say "petite", I'm not just talking about height but her overall frame. When she's papped around other people (aside from when she's with her friend, Amy), she looks like the smallest person in those paparazzi/candid photos. And I'm also going on what people who have met her said: small frame, shorter than expected, small ribcage, delicate wrists etc.

Last edited by immortalbliss; 04-10-2012 at 07:53 PM.

05-10-2012
front row

You can be "of average height" and still have a petite frame. Emma is small-figured, certainly; I don't think that it's wrong to call her petite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randhrshipper1 View Post
Again, Emma is NOT petite and certainly not "really petite". SHE'S 5'6' PEOPLE!

05-10-2012
rising star

Quote:
^Sheesh, what's there to be angry about? When I say "petite", I'm not just talking about height but her overall frame. When she's papped around other people (aside from when she's with her friend, Amy), she looks like the smallest person in those paparazzi/candid photos. And I'm also going on what people who have met her said: small frame, shorter than expected, small ribcage, delicate wrists etc.
Exactly. I got flamed too when I called her 'petite'

05-10-2012
backstage pass

I didn't want my posts to sound like I was overreacting *blushes* but the whole thinking about height in Hollywood needs to be shifted, and we as the public can start that.

Emma is 5' 6", which is two inches ABOVE average height for a woman. When she was photographed at the Harry Potter premieres, she almost towered over Daniel and Rupert! Yes, she was wearing platform heels like the stylists put on all actresses now whether they actually need them or not, but she did.

I was born with a genetic defect called Turner's Syndrome. One of it's physical effects is short stature-- I'm 4'10". And small otherwise too. So it's hard not to get emotional when someone above average height is called petite. Like, "If they're petite, what would you call me?" I know we're not allowed to talk about weight on these boards, so "small frame" might be the best phrase to use here.

Hope that explains things!

05-10-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by randhrshipper1 View Post
I didn't want my posts to sound like I was overreacting *blushes* but the whole thinking about height in Hollywood needs to be shifted, and we as the public can start that.

Emma is 5' 6", which is two inches ABOVE average height for a woman. When she was photographed at the Harry Potter premieres, she almost towered over Daniel and Rupert! Yes, she was wearing platform heels like the stylists put on all actresses now whether they actually need them or not, but she did.

I was born with a genetic defect called Turner's Syndrome. One of it's physical effects is short stature-- I'm 4'10". And small otherwise too. So it's hard not to get emotional when someone above average height is called petite. Like, "If they're petite, what would you call me?" I know we're not allowed to talk about weight on these boards, so "small frame" might be the best phrase to use here.

Hope that explains things!
It does explain a lot. Don't worry about it, and I do get why that would make you emotional. I'm really sorry if I in some way 'insulted' you with my terms as 'petite'. Take care!

05-10-2012
trendsetter

I have to back RandHrShipper's definition of petite as well. I'm 4'11 and so when I see people here calling Emma petite, it drives me nuts as well. Emma is not as tall as other actresses and many models are, but she is not petite.

(You know, I seriously wish the mods would put a ban on the word petite too, like they do the word curvy, cuz the way I see it being used here, as well in Leighton Meester's forum, it not being used correctly. It's being used as an euphemism for "look how tiny her waist is!" As a petite person, who is not tiny waisted, I take offense at that. Petite has always been about height, not how tiny your waist is.)

05-10-2012
rising star

She takes such awesome photos, she gives off a young carefree vibe. Just love her, she can really pull off wearing docs so much better than I can.

06-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloux View Post
It does explain a lot. Don't worry about it, and I do get why that would make you emotional. I'm really sorry if I in some way 'insulted' you with my terms as 'petite'. Take care!
It's cool--glad you understand! Thanks!

And thanks for the support too, Vanessa!

I also would like to say that I am a HUGE fan of Emma's, in case my posts gave the wrong idea. Had I been lucky enough to begin acting as a child, I would have operated my career the exact same way Emma has--staying in college, thoughtful choices. And I am a LOT like Hermione in real life and she played that character so well that I will always be a fan.

06-10-2012
front row

I know the internet says she's 5'6'', but having almost barreled into her on the street with boyfriend (who is measured at 5'6'') I would say that I'm not totally sold on her really being that height. Maybe that doesn't make her petite (I wish I had a word to describe her slight/small frame without making her sound "delicate"), but she didn't really give me the impression that she was of average height/size.

We definitely live in a culture that lauds height, so it is quite possible that someone is fudging a few inches.

06-10-2012
tfs star

My friend went to Brown and said she was about 5'3''.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, emma, november, september, watson