How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

I'm getting a message that the video is private. =/

20-10-2012
backstage pass

^Yeah, the video has been removed.. Here's her speech (not as good as hearing it though):

Quote:
Emma Watson: Oh, I felt so emotional. That was so nice of you, Leslie. Thank you for being here tonight and saying all those nice things about me. Thank you to ELLE for presenting me with this award. It’s been a very big year for me, in a number of ways, and to know that you appreciate the new work I’m doing really means a lot to me. So first, I hope it’s okay, but I wanted to thank a few of the women from my ‘hood.’ Do you see what I did there? Women in ‘Hollywood’ … no? It was bad? (laughs) It was really bad. I’m sorry. I’ll stop doing that. I’m not funny.

First I want to thank my consigliere. You know who you are. There is no way that the work I have done in the last three years would be possible without you. You’ve moved me into college rooms. (starts tearing up) This is so embarrassing, I’m sorry. You’ve moved me into college dorm rooms. You’ve traveled everywhere with me from Manhattan to Marrakesh. You’ve put double-sided tape all over my body to try and protect some of my modesty. You’ve nursed me when I’ve been sick. And you’ve pulled a few triggers. Without you I would not be here tonight, so thank you.

I want to thank [Perks director] Steve Chobosky – my director, my mentor and my friend. When he made me put on that corset and do that crazy dance, and strap me to the back of that pickup truck, you really set me free. At first I thought I wanted to make your film because it would be an awesome movie, but my intentions were much more selfish than that. I, Emma, wanted to be part of the club that you created through your writing. I wanted to be loved for myself –for my innate “Emma-ness.” Thank you for believing in me as an actress, and for making me want to be one. Thank you for letting me know that I was capable of things.

Thank you to my agent, Esther Chang, for your exquisite taste, your sharp brain and for just being a decent person. Thank you to my publicist, Luke Windsor, for keeping my soul intact. Thank you to Katie McLean, at home, for making stuff happen. Thank you to my friends for being my family and for loving me ‘for’ and not ‘in spite of’ my many faults – and for being my real life.

Thank you to all the women who gave me something to shoot at. There are so many parts of our culture that don’t celebrate ‘womenliness’ – the things that make us different – and I thank the women that have given me the courage recently to embrace and celebrate those things. I am thankful and excited to be working in this crazy town that we call Hollywood. So thank you for having me here tonight. It’s really such an honor to be among you. Thank you.
snitchseeker

20-10-2012
backstage pass

Emma Watson is spotted out and about with boyfriend Will Adamowicz in New York on October 20, 2012

eyeprime

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

Oh, I love this outfit. I don't think I've ever really loved a candid outfit of hers much before. I love the bright and colourful dress paired with muted accessories.

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

^I agree. Her NY style so far is much better than her LA style. Gosh, remember last year?

[and everytime she laughs. she hopes he's watching.
so he can fall for her smile. just as hard as she fell for his.]
<3

20-10-2012
tfs star

I try to black that period out. ^^^ But yeah, I feel like her London and NY style is for whatever reason better. I don't know what happens w hen she gets to LA but it ain't good.

But I do love this outfit! Saving this for inspiration.

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

I always love a colorful dress with a black jacket and stockings in the colder months.

20-10-2012
backstage pass

I really love this look. The bright dress looks great with all the black, her NY style is always the best.

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

I especially love the scarf; it adds such a seasonal touch and ties everything together with panache.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

21-10-2012
scenester

I absolutely love this latest outfit ! Does anybody know where her dress is from ?

21-10-2012
rising star

fabulous outfit! Love the contrast between the dress and scarf.

21-10-2012
fashion insider

Not going to lie, I really dislike this outfit. The dress is ugly and a bad shape, and the blazer and scarf added do nothing to make it more interesting. This is one of her worse candid outfits for me.

But I love seeing those pics of her on the set of Noah with hair extensions, I looooooooooooooove longer hair on her, she just looks so much prettier with it, and you probably think I'm being stupid, it's not as if her face changed, but longer hair just flatters and frames her face so much more nicely.

Last edited by LuellaLuella; 21-10-2012 at 11:22 AM.

22-10-2012
V.I.P.

At Sanrio and Hello Kitty Forever Celebration of the October IT Issue at Catch in New York City - October 20, 2012

tlfan.to (posted by Preppie)

22-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Walking along Broadway on Sunday (October 21) in the Big Apple.

justjared

23-10-2012
V.I.P.

well, i love the last two candid outfits. they're so cute and simple.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, emma, november, september, watson