How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-01-2012
fashion elite

Emmy Rossum has been busy promoting the second season of ‘Shameless’ by making guest appearances on several TV shows this week.

On Monday she dropped by Chelsea Lately wearing all black, but on Conan, which aired on Wednesday, she looked angelic in white.

Her Cynthia Rowley Spring 2012 dress is utterly divine, paired with white lattice, fluted skirt dress with electric blue pumps

Wavy locks and an additional pop of colour via her red lippie completed her look.

redcarpet-fashioawards.com

06-01-2012
front row

I don't like that Shameless party dress on her. I think the colour washes her out, though it's a lovely dress.

Last edited by balmain; 06-01-2012 at 11:18 AM.

06-01-2012
tfs star

As promised here they are:

Credits: twitter.com/emmyrossum and oprah.com/rosie, youtube.com. Uploaded at my youtube account:TheTwnv.

Please note that I didn't edit the beginning and end very well cause Youtube's editing system isn't working at the moment:S. I will try to fix this as soon as possible.
Also the audio isn't the best but I've done my best like crazy, what a drama. Hope you like it, even thought the quality isn't the best!

Tried to find the Chelsea interview as well, but due to country restrictions it isn't working. Also in one of my posts I accidently wrote stronger but meant longer of course

Last edited by twnv; 06-01-2012 at 11:34 AM.

06-01-2012
tfs star

I love her 20s look in #525. She looks amazing in her Ralph Lauren look. And the accessories and jewelry are perfect.

06-01-2012
V.I.P.

That RL dress just gave me serious flashbacks to 2004/2005 when she was wearing nothing BUT Ralph Lauren at all of her appearances. XD

07-01-2012
V.I.P.

Shameless promo shots (daemonstv.com)

07-01-2012
V.I.P.

And a few posters from emmy-rossum.info and fanforum.com

Last edited by lostgirl; 07-01-2012 at 09:12 PM.

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

I'm developing a new girl crush on her. Love all of her latest looks, especially for the Shameless Season 2 Premiere Reception! Pure Old Hollywood.

What's her show like? Worth watching?

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesca073 View Post
I'm developing a new girl crush on her. Love all of her latest looks, especially for the Shameless Season 2 Premiere Reception! Pure Old Hollywood.

What's her show like? Worth watching?
It's not for everyone but it's very well done. Don't watch it if you're easily offended, because it delights in being un-PC and sometimes shocking. I'd call it a black comedy or a dramady. It manages to balance comedy and drama pretty well. Actually I think one of the reasons that it wasn't nominated for many awards is that people didn't know what catagory to put it in.

It's about a low income family in Chicago. William H Macy plays the father, an unemployed alcoholic whose wife left several years earlier. Emmy plays his oldest child, Fiona, who handles the responsibility of raising her five younger siblings (who range from a toddlers to teens), paying the bills, and making sure that the family stays together and survives. Occasionally that means doing some less than legal things. Sometimes the family's schemes and the father's antics are played for comedy and it is sometimes funny. But then we're reminded that we're essentially laughing at addiction, poverty and abuse. I think that Emmy's character really gives the show it's emotional core. Emmy's Fiona is fiercely protective of her family, resourceful, and stong. But she's also never had a real parent of her own (the people who concieved her don't quite earn the title of "parents") and at the age of 21 she's in the position of raising five kids and caring for an alcoholic adult. She tries her best to give everyone what they need but at times something happens to remind her (and us) that she's in way over her head.

I'd say give it a shot and watch a few episodes before forming an opinion. It hits it's stride a few episodes in and eventually you may come to care for the characters in spite of yourself.

11-01-2012
V.I.P.

February 2012 Self Magazine photo shoot (emmy's twitter)

12-01-2012
V.I.P.

Source: Emmyrossum.net

Another Shameless promo shot

Another from Emmy's Self shoot

And 2012 Winter TCA Tour Shameless Panel - January 12, 2012

12-01-2012
V.I.P.

How I'd love it if she were a presenter for the Golden Globes this year...

13-01-2012
front row

I love the TCA look - especially the hairstyle.

And I agree... she should be a presenter at the Golden Globes. I hope at the very least she'll be in attendance. It astonishes me that Shameless has received no nominations when it (and Emmy's performance in particular) has been praised by the critics.

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperbelle View Post
I love the TCA look - especially the hairstyle.

. I hope at the very least she'll be in attendance. It astonishes me that Shameless has received no nominations when it (and Emmy's performance in particular) has been praised by the critics.
I think the problem is that they aren't sure whether to submit it as a comedy or a drama. Either way someone loses out: last season William H Macy's role was mostly comedy and Emmy's was mostly drama. It's an hour long show dealing with some heavy themes, like many dramas, but it's just as funny as a lot of the comic nominees. It's hard to catagorize which makes it hard to nominate, but interesting to watch!

Anyway here's Emmy at the Showtime TCA Party (emmyrossum.us)

Also here's a shot of Emmy from the LA times Sunday Conversation

and here's the interview

14-01-2012
V.I.P.

Emmy Rossum - January 13, 2012 - West Hollywood, CA - W Magazine in Collaboration with Dom Perignon Celebrates its Best Performance Issue and The Golden Globes Awards held at The Chateau Marmont, West Hollywood (newscom)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, emmy, february, october, rossum